- 42 (ft.) 3 (in.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
"TWO-BOAT" OWNER SAYS "SELL NOW!!!
SNOWBIRD SPECIAL WITH NEW PRICE REDUCTION
NO SALES OR USE TAX IN NC !!
ENDEAVOUR 42 CENTER COCKPIT
w/ RECENT YANMAR DIESEL ENGINE
One of the great things about being a yacht broker is that every once in a while you run across some really nice boats.... and get to visit some really cool places as well! So I was sitting on my boat in Key West looking at the sunset out over the anchorage and noticed the almost achingly graceful lines of this Johan Valentjin designed center cockpit Endeavour 42 lying at anchor.
While Endeavours have always been known for their rich, finely finished teak interiors and sumptuous accoommadtions, they had a reputation for being poor sailing performers. In 1985, however, Endeavour commissioned famed Americas Cup designer Johan Valentjin to come up with a fast, sleek design which would add performance by fitting taller rigs, moving the chain plates inboard, and switching to balsa cored topsides. The result is the much sought after 42 center cockpit- a world cruiser with generous owner's cabin aft, large gourmet sized galley, spacious salon with round dining table for 8 guests, forward cabin with ensuite head, powerful sailpaln, and tons of storage. In short, this boat has it all- a great cruising boat that will turn heads in every anchorage she visits.
SERENDIPITY comes to the market in excellent condition with a NEW YANMAR Diesel engine and loaded with extended cruising options such as Watermaker, Air Conditioning, Gen Set, Dinghy & Davits, Solar Panel, Full Electronics including Autopilot, Electric Anchor Windlass, Full Canvas Enclosure, Cockpit Cushions, Full Battened Main with Stack Pack, new AGM batteries, upgraded plumbing & mechanical systems, and much more (see full specs.)
Her previous owner cruised her extensively in the Caribbean, equipping her for world cruising. Her current owner spent over $40K in improvements and upgrades, including replacing the venerable Perkins with a new turbo Yanmar diesel.
With all of her improvements, SERENDIPITY is one of the best equipped 42's on the market- ready to be cast off to explore the world in style and comfort. If you are looking for a comfortable, well-built, liveaboard cruising boat to take you south this fall, then SERENDIPITY has got to be on your short list of boats to see! NOW WITH A MAJOR PRICE REDUCTION! Hurry, for she won't last long at the price! Call today for more details or to schedule an appointment to see this great cruising yacht!
Survey Market Value was listed as $150,000
Recent Price Reduction to Prompt Quck Sale !!
- See Interior Layout Line Drawing This is a very comfortable and spacious boat. The interior is in excellent condition with lots of extra touches such as cedar-lined lockers, bulhead mounted flat panel TV, teak and holly floors, lots of wood, and air conditioning. Use of space is excellent with storage areas everywhere. Starting Fwd, Layout is as follows: Guest Stateroom The V-berth also contains many storage areas including a cedar-lined closet. There is a door to the salon and one to the head. The hatch is fitted with a custom security insert with keyed locks and integrated bug screens. 7 clothing drawers 4-double cabinets overhead with sliding doors Cedar lined hanging locker 2.5 x 3 foot shelf over locker and bulk storage under the V-berth Two incandescent light fixtures Forward Head The head has adequate storage for long term provisioning of toiletries. The head is manual flush with a bladder holding tank and Y-valve selection to direct overboard. The shower has a direct sump drain. There is a space provided for a washing machine installation, which was removed, so one can re-installed without making changes to the yacht. Jabsco Manual head ( NEW Feb 2013) w// holding Tank, Y-Valve, and Macerater Pump for Overboard Discharge. Sink with vanity 2 double door cabinets 3 separate bulk storage areas with closing doors Main Salon The main salon is finished with varnished teak and a teak and holly sole finished in high gloss. To port is a large C-shaped lounge settee with dinette and circular teak table with folding leaf. There are bookcases and a wine rack behind this settee. To starboard is a straight settee that pulls out making a double berth. Above there are two opening cabinets and a book shelf. Custom security bars for companionway entrance CruiseAir 16K BTU Reverse Cycle Heat/AC ( NEW Mar 2013 ) Stereo speakers Reading lights PANASONIC Flat Panel TV on Foward Bulkhead w/ Rotating Arm Mount The navigation station is aft to starboard in the main salon. There is a swing-out seat, storage in three drawers, opening locker and the chart table above. The AC/DC electrical panel is above the chart table. To port of the companionway stairs is a passageway through the galley to the aft Master Stateroom which features a centerline berth with ample storage on either side in drawers and hanging lockers. Excellent ventilation and natural light come through a large opening overhead hatch with custom security screen and two open ports on the stern. Just forward of the berth on the sole is a raised opening compartment for spare parts and the emergencey tiller. The aft head with stall shower is forward to starboard. Marine-Air 8K BTU Reverse Cycle Heat/AC Two Hella fans Reading lights Stereo speakers
- The separate top-loading refrigerator and freezer cabinets are located under the counter top. They are kept cold by the 110-volt compressor. The stove is a three-burner model with oven. The sink is serviced with hot and cold pressure water through a single lever faucet with retractable spray hose located inboard centerline. Three fluorescent fixtures provide lighting. Adequate storage is provided for long distance provisioning in a number of cabinets above the countertop. Behind the sink is a large cabinet with double door access; under the oven is a cabinet for pots and pans; above the stove are two sliding drawers and to the left of those drawers are three large silverware and cooking utensils drawers; further left and at the counter top level are custom shelves covered by three sliding doors; above these shelves are 3 additional double door cabinets with swinging doors; and finally at the extreme end of the counter top is another sliding drawer with a separate sliding trash bin. Refrigerator and freezer - holding plate Galley Maid Gimballed three burner stove with oven - ( NEW 1997 ) Sharp microwave oven Propane sniffer with auto gas shut-off - ( NEW 1997 ) Sink faucet - ( NEW 2005 )
- Cockpit Navigation equipment: Raymarine 48 mile radar - ( NEW 2005 ) Raymarine C80 plotter -( NEW 2009 ) Raymarine Gyro Compass -( NEW 2009 ) Raymarine GPS - New 2005 Raymarine ST60 Wind -( NEW 2009 ) RayMarine ST60 Depth -( NEW 2009 ) RayMarine ST60 Speed/Log -( NEW 2009 ) Raymarine ST6002 autopilot-( NEW 2009 ) AIS Reviever-( NEW 2012 ) Engine start panel Morse single lever transmission and throttle control Ritchie Compass Navigation station: Raymarine VHF radio- ( NEW 2009 ) Auto-antenna switch over between VHF radios Spare VHF antenna on stern rail Cockpit Stereo speakers=( NEW 2005 ) Davis weather station.
- At dockside, the twin 30-amp electric service outlets provide adequate power to run all the 110 volt needs. One outlet provides power for the two air conditioners and the other to all other electrical appliances including the battery charger, microwave, hot water heater. At sea or at anchor, the ample 6.5 kw generator keeps everything running including the 25+ gph water maker.The pure sine waveinverter ( NEW Jan 2013 ) has a 2000-watt rating and the battery charger is rated at 140 amps. There are 3 pairs of 6 volt AGM golf cart batteries ( NEW 2012 ) located under the stateroom berth in an enclosed battery box. They are coupled with one additional AGM pair ( NEW 2012 ) in the V-berth that services both house and windlass operation, total capacity is 800 amp hours. There is a AGM start battery ( NEW 2012 ) for the engine and one AGM start battery ( NEW Oct 2013 ) for the generator. Generator 6.5 KW House batteries 6 6-volt AGM total amp hours 800 ( NEW 2012 ) Engine and generator AGM starting batterey ( NEW 2013 ) Battery isolator - ( NEW 2006 ) Balmar high output alternator - ( NEW 2005 ) Balmar digital regulator - ( NEW 2005 ) Battery charger 140 amps - (New 2004) SINERGEX 2000 watt Pure SineWave Inverter- ( NEW Jan 2013 ) Custom battery box - ( NEW 2005 ) LED Floor lighting - ( NEW 2005 ) 2-30Amp shore power cables -( NEW 2005 )
- Engine & Mechanical
- Engine access is very good and can be reached from the pass through galley, the master stateroom and aft head area. A custom electric fuel pump was added to provide the ability to purge the internal fuel tank. An electric oil change pump is included with appropriate valves to allow quick oil drain of both the Yanmar and generator. Two incandescent light fixtures light the room. In 1999 the previousw owner paid over $12K to install a new fuel tank that is made of fiberglass and bonded inside the keel. This has never had a problem and because of its robust construction with large baffles, it should live the same life as the boat. The generator will use less than ½ gallon per hour under normal loads. In 2000, virtually all of the hoses and clamps below the sole were removed and replaced. The strainers are cleaned regularly and baskets replaced when necessary. A detailed maintenance log has been maintained. Virtually all of the owner?s manuals for equipment are in the ship's record storage area as well. Yanmar 4JH4AE Diesel Engine ( NEW 2009- 750 hrs ) Kanzaki transmission w/ 2.36:1 Reduction ( NEW 2009 ) 1 1/4" S/S Propeller Shaft ( NEW 2009 ) Bronze Three Blade Propellor ( NEW 2009 ) New Fuel Tank Installed (1999) All Bronze Seacocks Replaced (2010) Dripless Shaft Log SHARK CUTTER Shaft Line Cuter ( NEW 2010 ) AQUA TECHNOLOGIES Water maker 25 G/P/H Fuel/Water/Waste Tank Monitoring System Universal Westerbeke 6.5kw Generator Aft Head- Raritan EltraScan ( NEW 2010 ) Fwd Head- Jabsco Manual ( NEW 2013 ) & Macerator Pump for Overboard Discharge Air conditioning (2) 16,000 BTU( NEW 2013 ) & 6,000 BTU Racor fuel filters - engine and generator Bilge pumps - Two with float switch and manual over-ride Pressure water system Electric 12 volt fuel priming pump Electric 12 volt oil change pump for the engine and generator Engine throttle control -( NEW 2000 ) Transmission control - ( NEW 2000 ) Stainless steering cables -( NEW 2004 ) Hot water heater - ( NEW 2006 ) Bilge pump - ( NEW 2007 ) Water maker membranes - ( NEW 2006 ) Water maker membrane canisters - ( NEW 2006 )
- Hull and Deck Hardware
- SERENDIPITY received a new exterior finish in 2005. Her topsides, cockpit, deck and non-skid areas were completely re-gelcoated, the mast was refinished, as were the trim stripes. In 2010 the boat was hauled, all old paint removed, the hull sanded and then re-painted with anti-fouling paint. The interior is also in great shape. The finish has been well kept and all systems function as designed. The stainless steel Simpson davits with stainless cables make life easy getting your dinghy in and out of the water, and the folding ladder mounted on the stern makes entry into the dinghy or water a snap. CARIBE RIB inflatable w/ See-Through Floor Panel YAMAHA 15 HP 2-Stroke Outboard Motor SIMPSON Stainless Steel Dinghy Davits w/ Stainless Cables GARHAUER Engine Hoist Syatem 2-20lb. Aluminum propane tanks -( NEW 2005 ) EV 6 person life raft in deck cradle (Repacked and re-certified in May 2008 ) Full Screening and Sunshades for Cockpit Cockpit and Aft Deck Cushions (Closed-cell Foam) Separate Compartments for Propane and Lines Electronics Mounted at Helm Station Cockpit Stereo Speakers LOFRANS 1200W Horizontal Windlass w/ ( NEW 2013 ) Foot Controls 45lb DELTA Primary Anchor with 260 feet of 3/8 BBB Chain Secondary anchor rode w/ 30 feet of 3/8" BBB chain and 200 feet of 5//8" 3-Strand Nylon. Dual bow rollers. Double life lines with port, starboard and stern boarding gates Fresh Water Faucet in Cockpit Hot/cold Cockpit Shower
- Sails & Rigging
- All rigging evaluated, repaired, and surveyed by Keys Rigging, Marathon Florida in 2012 at a cost of $5K. (Copy of Survey Available.) The sails have been regularly checked and re-stitched as required along with replacement of the Sunbrella sun protectors by OMAR SAILS, Beaufort, NC. Mast and boom painted - (2005) Stainless rigging - ( NEW 2005) Chain plates replaced- ( NEW 2005) Mast track for whisker pole w/rigging ANTAL sail slide system- ( NEW 1998) Mack Pack- ( NEW 2010) Line control main-sheet traveler- ( NEW 1998) 2 Self-Tailing Primary Wiches 1 Roller Furling Winch 2 Mast Mounted Winches Mast Mounted Whisker Pole w/ up/down Haul Telescoping Whisker Pole- ( NEW 2005) Full batten main with 3 reef points- ( NEW 2005) 100% working jib (excellent condition w/ New suncover ) 130% Furling Genoa (excellent condition w/ new suncover ) Harken Roller Furler- ( NEW 2005)
- Bimini- ( NEW 2004) Dodger- ( NEW 2004) Full Fsinglass Enclosures- ( NEW 2004) Full Mosquito Screen Enclosure- ( NEW 2004) Sun Shading- ( NEW 2005) 2-Piece Sun Cover Awning
- Many additional items in storage are available: Vee- Berth Cushions Salon Insert Cushions Stainless Steel Security Bars For Hatches Removed Cabin Doors Extra Cushions, and Hatch Covers Miscellanous Spare Parts Fenders & Docklines Safety Gear
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Interested in Buying or Selling? Whether you are the discriminating owner looking to sell your finely maintained yacht, or a buyer looking for only the very best, let me use my 30+ years of experience to work for you. Call me anytime at (252) 229-7245 or email David@NeptuneYachtSales.com . I look forward to working with you!