- 50 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
Classic Gulfstar 50 Ketch walk-through 3 cabin model is the favorite center cockpit design for long range cruising and liveaboard - Lazzara's greatest design among many. USA built in St. Petersburg FL.
Move about easily inside from master suite aft past walk-in engine compartment to galley, salon and forward guest suite. Appreciate the classic styling with beautiful wood panel and cabinetry throughout. Enjoy 6' 6" salon headroom and vast interior space. A family with children or two cruising couples each have their own private area.
Sleeps up to 9 in two private cabins, and salon. Owners enjoy a very spacious master aft with large queen berth, private head and separate shower. Guest suite forward has private head and lots of cabinet and drawer storage. Captain's quarter berth aft of nav station is perfect for children, occasional guests and storage. Salon starboard settee convert to 2 twin berths, and port settee converts to double berth.
Great ventilation throughout interior with several overhead hatches and many stainless steel opening ports.
This Gulfstar Ketch is sound and ready for survey and sea trial. Owner has replaced mainsail, VHF radio, all opening stainless steel ports, stainless steel lifelines, teak toerail with stainless steel top edge, plumbing and marine toilets.
She's priced to allow new owner's anticipated replacements: jib roller furler, generator, refrigerator/freezer compressor, navigation electronics, air conditioning, bottom paint, propane line to stove.
Must sell! Drastically lowered to $55,000 price - way below market value!
- Walk Through Tour
- After admiring this Gulfstar's beautiful lines from the dock, step aboard at the beam gate onto the 2-tone off-white nonskid deck. Notice the new stainless steel double lifelines and teak grab handles for easily and safely moving about the wide decks from bow to stern. Step under the bimini into the center cockpit. Appreciate the large cockpit seating area under the bimini with full isinglass enclosures - a great space for entertaining in most weather. After admiring the expansive view from the helm, step forward and down 5 companionway steps to salon. Stop here to admire the beautiful teak interior with carved posts and doors, cabinetry, teak and holly sole and 6' 6" headroom. While walking through the interior, notice numerous new stainless steel opening ports and overhead hatches throughout for great flow-through ventilation. Appreciate the U-shaped settee surrounding a table with folding leaf for gathering at least 4-5 friends and family for meals and social time. Lift up the folding table leaf to serve 4 more sitting on settee across to starboard. This starboard settee also converts to twin bunkbeds. Notice L-shaped galley to port of companionway. Admire large countertop space for preparing meals and deep double sinks for cleaning up. Galley cabinets are sufficient to store everything related to meal preparation and nonperishable food storage. Notice the navigation station to starboard from companionway with plenty of workspace on beautiful teak cabinets. Captain's quarterberth is aft of navigation station. Proceed further forward to guest suite. Carved door to port opens to the private guest head with vanity, wand shower and new marine toilet. Open carved door further forward to enter guest cabin with large double v-berth. Drawer and locker storage under v-berth and large cabinet with drawers and locker to starboard. Move aft past salon and galley to walk-through passageway with storage cabinets along hull opposite large opening panels to provide easy access to engine room. Walk further aft into master suite with 6' headroom. Look around to appreciate the oversized queen berth, beautiful teak cabinets and shelves. Open teak carved door to in-suite head with walk-in shower, large mirror and moulded vanity, and new marine toilet. Return to companionway, up to cockpit and step out to deck. Walk forward to bow along wide nonskid deck to notice double-sided manual windlass and anchor with all-chain rode. Walk easily and safely all around the wide nonskid deck from bow to stern.
- You'll appreciate this 3 stateroom center cockpit model, the favorite choice of Gulfstar 50s. Beyond the spacious outdoor cockpit space under bimini with full enclosure, the interior salon with 6' 6" headroom provides enough room to socialize and share meals with as many as a dozen friends and family. Gather around the table on the U-shaped settee to port and long settee to starboard. Serve snacks and meals easily from galley just aft of portside settee. Navigation station with large L-shaped desk, with drawers and shelves to starboard across from galley makes a great office for working while cruising . Sleep 7-9 comfortably in 2 staterooms and salon - master suite with oversized queen berth, forward guest suite with double v-berth, salon with convertible settee to twin bunks and convertible U-shaped settee with table to double berth, and captain's quarter berth aft of navigation station. Two heads are each equipped with shower, new marine toilet, vanity, sink and mirror. Teak cabinetry throughout interior provides plenty of storage space for clothing, equipment, galley cookware and dishes, and nonperishable food and drink. New stainless steel opening ports throughout interior with overhead opening hatches provide great flow-through ventilation. • Large salon with two settees seats up to a dozen • Large navigation station with large L-shaped desk may serve as office • Wet locker at foot of companionway next to nav station • Sleep 7-9 in 3 staterooms • 6' 6" headroom in salon • 6' headroom in master suite • Guest suite forward with plenty of teak cabinetry storage • Guest head with wand shower, new marine toilet, vanity and sink • Master suite aft with teak cabinets and shelves surround oversize queen berth • Master head with walk-in shower, vanity with sink, mirror, new marine toilet
- L-shaped galley is to port at foot of companionway and aft of salon. Fit for a gourmet chef or casual cook, galley has lots of countertop space and cabinet storage. Galley equipped with propane 3-burner gimballed stove and oven, double stainless steel deep sinks, and top-loading iceboxes that can be converted to refrigerator and freezer. • L-shaped galley with plenty of countertop space • Abundant cabinet storage • Toploading iceboxes can convert to refrigerator and freezer • Propane 3 burner gimballed stove and oven, needs new propane line and tank • Double stainless steel deep sinks
- • Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF radio with DSC mounted at nav station • 5" Danforth compass at helm • Purchase price accomodates buyer's purchase of new navigation electronics
- • Clearly labeled AC and DC electrical panels • All wiring recently checked by electrician • 2 deep cycle batteries • 8 D house battery • Inverter • 30 amp shorepower with cord
- Engine and Mechanical
- • Perkins 65 hp 4154 model diesel engine rebuilt 2008 • Walk-in engine room also accessible from behind companionway • Cable steering • New plumbing • Pressurized water system • 2 new manual flush marine toilets • Holding waste tank for aft marine toilet • 2 bilge pumps
- Sails and Rigging
- • Keel stepped main mast • Deck stepped mizzen mast • Refurbished mainsail • 120% head sail • 60% head sail • Staysail for mizzen rig • Headsail roller furler inoperable • 2 Barient 27 self tailing winches at center cockpit • 2 Lewmar 48 3 speed self tailing winches at center cockpit • Barient 18 winch and Lewmar 40 winch on main mast • 2 Lewmar 16 winches on mizzen mast • Traveller mounted aft of center cockpit
- Hull and Deck
- Wide decks with off-white nonskid are surrounded by double SS lifelines for moving safely anywhere on deck. Sail comfortably in roomy center cockpit fully enclosed by dodger and bimini with isinglass all around. • Center cockpit comfortably seats up to 8 • Dodger and bimini with full cockpit isinglass enclosure • Fin keel almost full length • CQR 45# anchor with all chain rode • Manual double anchor windlass for chain rode and line rode • Boarding ladder
- Broker's Comments
- This Gulfstar 50 center cockpit is a proud vessel from the high-quality, performance sailboats produced by Vince Lazzara. If you want a great sailing, fiberglass center cockpit sailboat with all the classic beauty of the late 1970s era and interior walk-through layout for well under $100,000, this is your sailboat. The interior layout provides plenty of space for 2 couples or a family to enjoy privacy as well as social time together on long range cruises. Owner has priced her below typical $100,000 or higher market value to give buyers room for updating electronics and installing airconditioning, generator, refrigeration and headsail roller furler, new propane line and tank to stove/oven, new bottom paint. Please note that personal items aboard are excluded from sale.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Capt Calvin at 941.830.1047 or CaptCalvin@EdwardsYachtSales.com or Wendy at 941.916.0660 for more information and to see this lovely Gulfstar Ketch. Out of state buyers may purchase this boat and cruise in lovely Florida waters for up to 180 days without Florida sales tax. Ask Capt. Calvin for details.