- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
THIS MOTIVATED TWO BOAT OWNER HAS THE NICEST 40' MOTORYACHT OF THIS VINTAGE ON THE MARKET PERIOD!! DRASTIC PRICE REDUCTION!
Truly a must see for the demanding buyer that is looking for stellar condition in a truly turnkey pampered vessel.
This couple-friendly vessel has been, at a great expense, completely modernized to a spectacular level by her present owner.
This Hatteras 40' is the perfect cruiser featuring a wonderful family friendly layout and an exceptional ride. It is the perfect weekender or live aboard.
Teak and Holly throughout, New Overhead, New lighting, New Wallpaper, New Bose Stereo, New Sony Flat Screen, New enclosure, New electronics...5212 Garmin & New Autopilot, New Blinds, New Mattress, New Sofa
- General Overview
- The last of the small Hatteras models, the 40 Motor Yacht (called the 40 Double Cabin until 1993) is a well styled aft cabin design originally conceived for export to the European market. She's built on a modified-V hull with a solid fiberglass bottom, and unlike most previous Hatteras designs, shallow prop pockets were used to reduce draft and shaft angle. This boat with Caterpillar 3208's cruises 18 knots with a top speed around 24 knots- not bad for a 38,000 pound boat. A popular model for Hatteras, 128 of these yachts were built.
- Accomodations and Layout
- Very spacious cabin layout featuring a large aft master, second cabin forward, with two large heads, galley down with a roomy salon mid-ship. Master aft with Queen Birth Second cabin forward with V berth Two heads with showers In 2009 the owner completed a major refit on the vessel New wallpaper throughout New teak and holly sole in the cabin area New soft goods throughout Windows removed and re-bedded - 2011 New custom mattress Temperpedic New Teak and Holly sole in the master and forward stateroom New custom settee in the cabin New custom blinds New Cruise Air A/C in the master
- Master Stateroom
- Very spacious master with ensuite head and shower Queen center lined with Tempurpedic custom mattress Drawer storage port and starboard Custom blinds Teak and Holly sole Hanging locker 12000 BTU air conditioner Sony flat screen TV 27 " Bose Home Theater system Bose speakers surround sound
- Master Head
- Vanity with mirror Sink with Marble vanity top Raritan Fixture Tile sole
- Forward Stateroom
- Very spacious V berth stateroom forward V Berth with custom mattress haning locker Teak & Holly sole Custom soft goods
- Hull & Deck
- Constant care with annual haul out and service ensures a trouble-free bottom in excellent condition. Aft deck has a hardtop and wind screen Swim platform Bow rail 2009 Bottom was stripped then barrier coated with 8 coats of product Cutlass bearings relocated Dripless shaft seals installed New three-sided enclosure 2011 Bottom painted Service work completed Underwater lights installed New top side cushions 2012 Bottom painted Running gear shaft seals Wheels reconditioned Through hulls serviced Top deck painted with non skid
- Engines and Mechanical
- Very clean, painted, and orderly engine room that any owner would be proud of. Caterpillar 3208 375 HP ZF Gears Glendining Sychronizer Morse Controls Dripless shaft seals 5 rule bilge pumps with alarms 4 Blade bronze propeller no spares Racor fuel separators Sea strainers
- Bad Habit is the exception to the rule. This vessel is a must see for any buyer looking for a Bristol condition vessel that is cruise ready and in step-aboard condition. There are too many upgrades to list on this vessel. Don't miss this unbelievable opportunity to take advantage of this fantastic buy. Make an appointment to see this one! You will not be disappointed.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.