- 43 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
"Catherine" is without a doubt the nicest and best maintained example of the popular Grand Banks Eastbay 43' HX available. With transferrable CAT ESC Advantage warranties in place until April 23, 2014, this beautiful showpiece belongs on the very short list for anyone who is considering a quality downeast style cruising yacht. Original owner has spared no expense in her maintenance and continous upgrades, and receipts and logs are available for inspection. Some examples of the recent love that "Catherine" has received: New Veem Interceptor props in 2012 (originals to convey as spares), new Garmin 7212 chartplotter installed 2012, new Furuno Navnet VX2 color LCD with BBWX2 Furuno Satelitte Weather and AIS system installed 2012 (AIS= ability to identify nearby registered vessels that appear on radar by name), new 5000 Series C-Charger installed 2011, new Sealand odorless sanitation hoses installed 2012, new DeAngelo Marine stainless crossover risers installed both engines 2012, upgraded aftercoolers installed by Alban Diesel in 2011, both turbos replaced in 2011 (basically, any and all "questionable" parts of these CAT 3126Bs have been replaced), electronic CAT engine displays added 2010, aft curtain replaced in 2010, KVH dome rebuilt and serviced 2010 (operates quietly), Kahlenberg air horns replaced 2009, and so much more. The boat has been hauled, winterized, and shed-stored every winter. She has never seen Florida waters, and has 90% of her time (1200 hours on engines) spent in the brackish and fresh waters of the Northern Chesapeake Bay. She is kept highly buffed and waxed, washed weekly by a professional, and her brightwork is maintained by a true Chesapeake Bay craftsman. This Owner has had three Grand Banks Yachts, and he knows exactly how to equip and own such a quality showpiece as "Catherine". Extremely well done!! Next owner will benefit from the CAT ESC Advantage warranties for several months! Serious seller is moving up and will entertain offers. Compare her to any other- this is the one.... Significant pre-Fort Lauderdale Boat Show price decrease. Two-boat owner is ready, and would like an offer!!! Talk to us..... The boat will remain in the water and available for survey/sea trials.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- "Catherine" offers the popular modified layout of having the master forward with centerline queen berth (vs. v-berth) and a roomy over/under bunk room to port- (all three berths have custom HMI mattresses and custom-fitted sheets). The master features an overhead hatch, three large drawers beneath berth, port and starboard hanging lockers, and 8 additional port and starboard storage lockers. The bunk room offers two roomy over/under berths, storage beneath the lower berth, a bureau, hanging locker, portlights, and bulkhead-mounted reading lights. Across from the bunk room is the enlarged head( larger than the standard) with SeaLand Vacu-flush head, stall shower, stainless sink, and vanity. Aft to port is the U-shaped galley, across from which is the custom ultrasuede dinette, which differs from the norm in that the settee/dinette arrangement is "L-shaped" vs "U-shaped". This arrangement opens the salon area without removing any seating capacity. The custom high/low drop-leaf dinette table also converts to a double berth when needed. "Catherine" also has an upgraded teak interior: satin-finished teak panelling with Awlbright high-gloss trim, and a high-gloss teak and holly cabin sole. The finish is as perfect as it was the day the yacht was delivered new, and offers a look that is more elegant than most of her sisterships. Other features of the living space are: 3-zone Marine Air Reverse Cycle AC/heat (Master, salon, and helm deck) "Mission White" Formica interior bulkheads "Cameo White" Corian galley and head countertops "Indigo Blue" Ultrasuede upholstery on settee (excellent condition) Top-loading freezer (not standard) in addition to the standard galley refrigeration Upgraded Cantalupi lighting throughout vessel Cabin sole hatches all hinged with custom chromed bronze hardware
- The functional "U-shaped" galley is to port and aft of the main cabin at the bottom of the companionway. The shape and design of this space, coupled with that of the dinette space across, creates a very open feel upon entering the main cabin. The galley area includes: GB stainless steel refrigerator with Nova Kool Evaporator Custom top-loading freezer in galley counter (not standard) Princess stainless 3-burner propane stove Sharp convection/microwave In-counter storage bin for cooking ustensils/dry goods Abundant drawer and cabinetry storage Seagull water purification system for galley sink and head sink Computank tank monitoring system
- Helm Deck
- The climate-controlled helm deck is laid-out to provide comfort for both cruising and entertaining. Seating for owners and guests is provided by twin STIDD captain (newly re-covered) and companion seats forward, an "L-shaped" settee w/glossy teak cocktable table to port aft, and a bench-style settee to starboard. Visibility in all directions is excellent from any seat on the helm deck. Overhead is the beautiful custom Tongue and Groove Awlgripped hardtop with teak handrail, upgraded Cantalupi lighting, and twin opening hatches. Beneath the teak helm deck sole is a large easy-access hatch to engine room. Other notable features of the helmdeck are: 16K btu Marine Air reverse cycle AC system Powered center opening windshield with linear actuators 26" Diameter 6-spoke stainless helm with varnished teak rim Tinted windows and new aft curtain LCD TV mounted on pedestal starboard aft Satellite radio receiver with speakers Custom varnished teak chart holder ahead of companion seat Three (3) windshield wipers with washers Custom canvas covers for Stidd seats, TV, teak table, and chart table
- Teak decking, teak step pads to side decks (all recently serviced) Oversize lazarette lockers for deck equipment Courtesy lights Aft facing settee with cushions and propane tank storage beneath Teak swim platform (recently serviced) with boarding ladder Transom door Transom fresh water hot/cold shower Glendinning Cable master with 75' of 50 amp cable
- Additional Hull and Deck Features
- Flag Blue hull gelcoat (in excellent condition- hull and house polished with Silicone Polymer fiberglass polish annually) Awlgrip red bootstripe flanked top and bottom by white gelcoat Awlgrip Gold Cove Stripe Kahlenberg powdercoated dual air-horns Rail gates (2), port and starboard Maxwell electric windlass (new 2010) 35lb Delta Anchor with stainless swivel and 200' rode Full Coast Guard Safety Package Dock lines, fenders Stainless steel anchor platform Stainless chocks and cleats throughout Stainless bow rails Varnished teak towrail (re-varnished July 2013) Veems props (new) with original spares Custom hard-top mast Stainless portlights
- Upgraded Electronics Package
- Garmin 7212 12" Touch-screen chartplotter (new 2012) Navnet VX2 GP1920C 10.5" Color LCD Chart Plotter/radar display Furuno NavNet system with 36 mile radar, 4KW open array, GPS, plotter, satellite weather capabilities, AIS capabilities, and software upgrade Furuno RD 30 second display with separate transducer Furuno 8" NavNet screen (back-up) on companion side of helm Robertson AP20 Autopilot (tied in to both GPS units with toggle) ICOM IC-M602 VHF (new antenna 2011) ACR spotlight with remote control SONY Sirrius Satellite Radio player and BBWX2 Furuno Satellite weather Helmdeck LCD TV KVH TrakVision 4 Satellite TV system Vented, high gloss custom teak "himalaya" for larger electronics CAT electronic engine displays- new 2010- not standard.
- Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
- The twin CAT 3126B 450hp engines (1200 hours) are covered under CAT Platinum warranty until April 23, 2013- giving the next owner peace of mind for several months. The engine room is very clean and well maintained. The space is easily accessed through a large gas-assist hinged hatch and aluminum ladder. All equipment and parts are labeled clearly and are easy to read, all wiring is tightly bundled; the entire space has a shiny white finish, and it is obvious that this yacht has received the very best of care. Some of the various related equipment found aboard "Catherine" are: Onan 9KW diesel generator w/soundshield and 621 hours Glendinning engine synchronizers Glendinning cable master SeaLand Vacu-flush head system Sanitation hoses replaced with SeaLand Blue (2012) New custom stainless exhaust risers Dual Racor filters Carbon Monoxide Detector 5000 Series C battery charger (new) Engine block heaters Engine room blowers
- While we attempt to display current and accurate data, this listing may not reflect the most recent transactions or may contain occasional data entry errors. Selling agent makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of the products described herein. All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Please consult selling agent for details. Prices are quoted for the USA only and may not include transportation, taxes, or other applicable charges. Photographs may be representative only and may vary somewhat from the actual items offered for sale. We will not be responsible for inaccurate data obtained from our site. Please check with your local dealer to ensure that you have the latest information available. Information on this web site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be periodically made to the information or the products herein. Questions or comments regarding these policies may be directed to website hosting agent
- Call Mark Connors at 757-406-1673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .