- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Classic TaShing Baba 40 Awaits Your Inspection.
"WINDFREE", a TaShing Baba 40, represents one of Bob Perry's finest work. With a very comfortable motion in heavy weather, she is surprisingly quick when it goes light. TaShing is well known for their wood working skill. Her solid teak interior offers many of the features found only in custom builts. Such as, solid teak staving on all bulkheads, louvered locker doors, copper and marble countertops, and a hand laid teak and holly sole.
Her current Owners have been aboard her as full time cruisers for the past 17 years. They have a wealth of sailing knowledge and it has been well spent aboard "WINDFREE". You will find her to be well maintained and ready for her next Caribbean cruise!
Please allow us the opportunity to introduce you to "WINDFREE" at your earliest convenience. Prepare to be impressed!
- Forward Master Stateroom: Privacy door, large hanging locker, dressing seat, spacious double & berth is surrounded by hullside lockers and shelves all done in beautiful teak. Large overhead hatch w/ 2 opening screened ports. One locker and two drawers under the berth plus underberth storage is massive with easily accessed compartments. Two Hella fans. Chain locker access full forward through locker doors. Portside Head: Jabsco manual head, marble topped vanity with s/s sink, pressure hot/cold water, freshwater foot pump, bulkhead mirror, 3 hullside lockers, vanity base with 2 drawers and a locker, separate stall shower with a seat & teak grated sole, hullside locker, 2 opening ports w/ screens Salon Portside: U-shaped settee surrounds the beautiful teak table (drops to make double berth/playpen), mirrored bulkhead with flatscreen TV and brass clock & barometer, 3 open hullside lockers, 2 teak louvered cabinets, storage lockers outboard of settees. Salon Starboard: Straight settee with 3 lockers over, hullside storage lockers, 2 cubbies over a shelf with internal storage, hanging locker with shelf over. Nav Station: Starboard with flip-top chart table using settee end for seat, locker under, electrical panel and instruments & electronics adjacent, shelf above with swing arm C-120 chartplotter/radar (protected yet visible from the helm) Galley: At companionway base portside (see below) Private Guest Stateroom: Double berth surrounded by beautiful teak accents, hanging locker, dressing seat, hullside bureau and shelving, 3 berth drawers, mirrored bulkhead w/ shelf under, 2 ports w/ screens, Hella fan.
- Princess 3 burner stove w/ oven & cutting board (2005) Whirlpool microwave oven Grunert 110v refrigerator/freezer w/ 3 holding plates Double SS sinks Moen faucet set w/ spray Copper countertops (9) Lockers, (9) Drawers Wine glass rack Hanging veggie basket Dust bin in sole DC UV Water filtration system
- Raymarine 7001+ Autopilot Raymarine C-120 Chartplotter/radar Chart chips for East Coast, Bahamas, East & West Caribbean Bahamas & Caribbean paper charts Datamarine Wind, depth & speed Ritchie 6" compass (3) VHF radios: ICOM 126 w/DSC, ICOM M45, Hand held VHF (2) Furuno GPS 32: One to C-120 & one to Autopilot Pactor II modem SEA 235 SSB radio 406 EPIRB Samsung TV Mast Mounted Shakespeare TV antenna
- (6) Gel cell 6V house batteries (1) Gel cell 12V for engine & generator (2013) Xantrex Tru Charge 40 amp automatic battery charger (2012) Northern Lights 6 KW generator 300 Watt Inverter 80 amp alternator (6) Mounted Hella 12v fans plus two spares Mast rewired in 2005 (preventative maintenance) Dockside electrical: (1) 50' Marinco 30 amp, (1) 40' Marinco 30 amp, (1) 50amp to 30 amp splitter, (1) 30 amp to 15 amp splitter
- 2005 Yanmar 56 hp engine w/ only 2522 hrs. 6000 BTU Dockside house unit AC system (1) Automatic, (1) Manual bilge pumps Water Maker INC. 400 gpd watermaker PSS Dripless shaft seal Fuel tanks cleaned 2013 Kanzaki 2:1 transmission Racor fuel filters, water separator Reverso oil change system for engine, genset & transmission 3 Blade fixed prop Electric fuel pump Manual head w/ Y-valve & holding tank BC Fire extinguisher Shower sump w/ pump Yanmar fresh water circulating pump (NEW 2013)
- Deck & Cockpit
- 60# CQR anchor w/ 300' 3/8 chain, 55# Kingston w/ 100' 3/8 chain & 100' rode Lofrans 1200 Tigres electric windlass w/ deck foot switches Teak bowsprit w/ dual anchor rollers Full cockpit Isenglass enclosure Full boat awning Companionway doors S/S ports (4) S/S dorades 10' Caribe dinghy w/ 15 hp Suzuki OB engine Switlik 6 man offshore liferaft (needs certification) Boom Gallows Propane BBQ Deck boarding step Salt & freshwater deck washdown Dinghy side deck harness Bronze rubrail striker Cruising flags Foredeck bollard 12 Jerry cans Cable cutters Emergency tiller First aid kit (4) Deck prisms Cockpit cushions Bean bag seats Cockpit table & drink holder Binnacle cover Elkhide wheel cover Fishing rod holders Fenders & lines (4) Life jackets Search lights, Nav lights Swim ladder
- Sails & Rigging
- Harken roller furling jib & staysail Partial batten main w/ lazy jacks All sails 2003 - Very good condition All standing rigging new Norseman 2005 Lewmar 48 ST 2-speed primaries All chainplates replaced in 2003 Aluminum deck stepped mast Mast & boom awlgripped 2005 Spare older jib & staysail Windex at masthead
- Brokers Comments/ Additional Information
- It's not often you find a bluewater boat that has it all, and comes in such a BEAUTIFUL PACKAGE! Her Owners have cruised her as their home for the past 17 years spending much of that time in the Western Caribbean. As their home, she has been maintained to a very high standard and you will find her to look much younger than her years. "WINDFREE" lives up to her Baba 40 heritage and the TaShing pedigree. Listen closely and you'll hear the Caribbean calling! Hull painted 2005 - Awlgrip Boom and mast painted 2005 - Awlgrip 3 coat Ablative bottom paint - 12/2012 Brightwork just completed All manuals on board TONS of spares: impellors, filters, genset raw water & fresh water circularing pumps, cutlass bearings, cables, hoses, rigging, OB props, hardware, extensiveg tool inventory... Everything needed for MONTHS at sea!
- Fishing rods & personal gear
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Listed by a CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER Click for more info