- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
This yacht proved to be one of our most ambitious challenges. How can the identity of our most inspiring and exclusive models translate into a smaller yacht?
It was the most wonderful brief for our designers that would require every ounce of their ingenuity and experience. The result is a compact Squadron with the genuine feeling of a much, much larger yacht. Each area has been designed to work in harmony with the next. Your journey through the entire yacht is seamless, with no interruptions. And it is this flow that gives a feeling of a luxurious, open space. The type of freedom you would only expect from a 50+ foot yacht. The large flybridge isn’t just for show, every aspect has been carefully considered to create the space for people to move around freely. Yes, we can safely say, it is every inch a Squadron.
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- As part of a spectacular Fairline model line-up at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, British luxury motor yacht manufacturer, Fairline Boats is showing the Squadron 42. The Squadron 42 was launched at the latter part of last year and is the newest Fairline Squadron flybridge motor yacht to appear in the US. The smallest in the Squadron range, the two cabin, two en-suite Squadron 42 is finished to the highest standard and incorporates many of the design and technology advances pioneered on the larger Squadron models. A key feature that sets the Squadron 42 apart from its competitors includes the extra-large flybridge, perfect for relaxing and entertaining guests. The accommodation on the Squadron 42 includes a light, airy saloon with full length windows and sumptuous furnishings, which leads to the large, light-filled galley. Expansive use of glazing throughout the boat creates bright and well-lit accommodation, from the galley to the master cabin. The starboard guest cabin almost doubles in useable size when its twin doors to en-suite are open. ‘Floating’ furniture increases the appearance of floor size throughout the cabins. The same sense of space and ‘big boat’ luxury is further enhanced by the openness of the extra-large flybridge and the cockpit with two-way bench that allows aftfacing seating.
- The Squadron 42’s aft cockpit is teak-laid throughout and features a versatile seat with an adjustable backrest, enabling guests to sit facing forward or aft. There is ample storage space beneath for shoreline cables, gas bottle and 4 fenders. Foredeck and warp lockers are also provided. Blue LED lighting is available as an option on this model. Separate access hatches lead to the engine room and lazerette. With its ‘open’ layout, twin transom gates provide easy access on either side of the cockpit seating and lead to the teaklaid bathing platform. The optional Fairline Tender Launch System allows for an increased waterline length so that the weight distribution can be optimized. The innovative, patentpending, concealed mechanized Tender Launch option is available for Williams 285 Jet RIB. The stern platform includes a swim ladder and hot and cold shower. An optional passerelle is also available if required. From the cockpit, a sliding patio door leads to the saloon. The visibility from the helm position is optimized by having the helm seat inboard to give a more central position. There is companion seating outboard of the helm seat. At the top of the teak-laid steps with handrail is the flybridge, which offers a significantly more usable area than the outgoing Phantom 40. The large seating area with adjustable-height table is located aft of the helm position. The table converts to a sun-bed in the aft position. An optional flybridge bar accommodates a sink, griddle, icemaker and refrigerator. The Squadron style ‘wrap-around’ foredeck adds to the ‘big boat’ feel and includes a recessed self-draining area for coachroof sun cushions.
- The user-friendly yet classic design and luxurious detailing inside is synonymous with Squadron motor yachts. Co-ordinated carpets, upholstery and curtain fabrics can be chosen according to individual tastes. The joinery is finished in satin oak and espresso gloss as standard. Saloon The light and spacious saloon features full-length upper windows and sumptuous furniture. A sofa and adjustable-height dining table are located starboard behind the main helm position. The sofa also has an optional two fold bed built inside. Opposite, a freestanding sideboard with cocktail cabinet can accommodate a 32” television. Cabin Accommodation The spatial layout of the two cabin accommodation has been maximized, with considered cabin and en-suite design to provide the luxury and space Fairline Squadron owners have become accustomed to. Master stateroom The large master stateroom with full-height headroom is positioned forward. Two steps lead up to a central ‘semi-floating’ double bed, which adds to the feeling of spaciousness. Comprehensive storage space includes a bedside table, drawers underbed, overhead lockers and wardrobe. An entertainment unit is fitted flush into the bulkhead. Feature skylights and opening hull windows allow light to fill the elegantly styled cabin. The master en-suite includes a full-height shower cubicle with seat and vanity style sink, locker and mirror. Starboard Guest cabin The introduction of a unique, open-plan guest cabin and en-suite arrangement creates a spacious guest accommodation. The double doors open up the starboard en-suite to the cabin, concealing the toilet and creating extra cabin space. Guests also benefit from a fullheight shower cubicle with seat, basin, vanity unit locker and mirror. The flexibility of the layout also enables the single, full-length beds to be converted to a double. The bedside stowage and wardrobe provide plentiful storage space. A long panoramic window with opening port is located in hull.
- A handrail with glass partition connects the saloon with the galley. In recognition of the needs of on-board entertaining, the galley is one of the largest yet seen on a flybridge boat of this size as it utilizes space under the saloon floor, and will accommodate an under counter refrigerator and optional freezer. The galley is thoughtfully equipped to cater to the needs of guests, with a 2-burner gas hob, oven and grill, as well as a host of storage options and extra larder space built into the bulkhead. Lights are located above the Foundations® work surfaces. Continuing the Fairline design trend towards light-filled spaces, a large panoramic window includes a porthole within for natural light over the sink and food preparation area.
- Helm Station
- The main helm station has been designed with comfort, safety and ease of operation in mind. The bolstered helm seat is within easy reach of the adjustable/tilt steering wheel and the boat’s controls. The full engine instrumentation includes tachometers, temperature gauges, battery condition indicators, audible alarms and engine hour meters. A Garmin GMI 10 digital multi-function instrument system with color display and Garmin VHF 300i marine radio is included at the helm. There is also night lighting and a hinged opening side window.