Private Owner Vessel - Shoal Draft -
Low Engine Hours on Recent NEW engine
3 Cabins - 2 Heads - Private owner's suite forward
Large central dinette with oversized Galley
Large cockpit with walk through transom to swim platform
The Tri-cabin 42 set the standard for comfort and room in the 42 footers. The versatility the 3 cabin, 2 head model offers, makes her one of the most popular 42's ever. Whether it be a weekend trip or a long term cruise, she offers all the amenities necessary for a pleasant and comfortable experience.
Contact listing broker to see this vessel
- LOA ............................ 42 ft BEAM ...........................13 ft 10 in LWL .............................. 36 ft Displacement ................ 20,500 lbs Ballast ............................ 8,300 lbs Bridge Clearance - 58 ft 7 in TANKAGE: Fuel ................................. 38 gal Water ............................. 111 gal Holding ................ 30 gal + 22 gal ENGINE: Yanmar 4JH2E - 54 HP ( 400 hours) 3 Cabins - 2 Heads
- 3 Cabins - 2 Heads - MASTER CABIN The master suite comprises of a master stateroom just forward of the bulkhead, insuring the best ventilation, minimum motion, and maximum privacy and an en-suite bathroom. The Pullman style bed comfortably sleeps two persons with abundant storage beneath. The en-suite bathroom is in the forward V area. The entire master suite can be separated from the salon area by closing the privacy door between the two areas. Port side features a Pullman style double bed w/ dresser drawers beneath, built-in shelving, teak slat side boards, teak & holly cabin sole, (2) opening ports w/ curtains, 12 volt reading lights, 110 volt outlet, small overhead skylight/hatch, Sansui 20? flat panel television w/ built-in DVD player on custom mount Starboard side incorporates (2) hanging lockers, dresser drawers, dressing seat, (2) opening ports w/ curtains, overhead skylight hatch, built-in shelving, teak slat side boards, 12 volt lighting , 110 volt outlet, teak & holly cabin sole, privacy door Ensuite master bathroom, located in the forepeak area Large sit-down shower w/ hand-held shower head Hot & cold pressure water system Teak shower seat Shower sump pump Mirror @ shower Shower curtain Jabsco electric head, portside Cabinet w/ mirrored doors Formica counter w/ plastic sink, starboard Mirrored medicine cabinet 12 volt florescent lighting 110 volt outlet Privacy door GUEST CABINS: There are matching aft guest staterooms, port and starboard that offer double beds for your guests. The guest bathroom is just aft of the galley on the starboard side and comes complete with an electric flush head and hand-held shower. Matching aft staterooms Double bed Dressing seat Hanging locker Small overhead skylight/hatch Built-in shelving Teak & Holly cabin sole Teak slat side boards 12 volt lighting 110 volt outlet (2) Opening ports to cockpit for added ventilation Curtains Privacy doors Guest Bathroom Located starboard side aft of galley Jabsco electric head Hand-held shower Shower sump pump Hot & cold pressure water system Formica counter top Stainless steel sink
- VESSEL WALK THROUGH
- Her large cockpit has a walkthrough transom to the swim platform. Upon entering the Main Salon - ther are 2 private cabins aft. To Starbd is the aft head with easy access to the companionway stairs, and Starbd Aft Cabin - Forward along the Starbd Side is the Large Galley with extensive counter space. Along the Port side of the Salon is first the entrance to the privatre Port Aft cabin. Forward of this cabin Is the Nav Station with full chart table. Forward along the Port side is an L-shaped Dinette with folding table, and a centerline settee which expands the dinette seating to accomodate 8 people. This Settee also serves to separate the Galley form the dinette area, and a safe handhold whenm moving thtough the salon. The owner's cabin os forward with an offset pulman double berth to Port, and extensiver storage cabinetry to Starbd. A full head w/shier is forward of the owner's cabin, with access to the chain locker
- SALON and GALLEY
- Salon is open and spacious with L shaped settee to port w/ Dinning table and centerline Settee. Nav Station Aft to port. 2 Over Head Hatches and 2 opening ports - Galley occupies Starboad side of the Salon - There is a safe and convenient walk through area with excellent hand-holds to the forward atate room. SALON: U shaped dinette/settee, portside - NEW Naugahide Sette cushions Teak & holly cabin sole Built-in shelving Teak slat side boards Opening port Overhead skylight/hatch 12 volt lighting 110 volt outlet Teak overhead grab rail Navigation station aft of dinette/settee Pull-out navy stool Engine access under steps GALLEY: The main salon is centered on the large dining table to port with the nav station. The galley is to starboard. It has a large top opening refrigerator/ freezer to keep cold stores cold and provides easy access. Generous space and lots of storage in this cook's galley. Aft of galley a door leads to Starboard Guest Cabin Hillerange propane Three Burner Stove & Oven Adler Barbour 12volt Refrigerator and Freezer Double Stainless Steel Sinks with Hot/Cold Water 6- Galley Storage Drawers Salt Water Foot pump at sink Double SS sink w/H&C pressure water 11 gal hot water heater - NEW
- ELECTRICAL and ELECTRONICS
- Garmion GPS Chart Plotter Raymarine Autopilot Compas VHF radio Knot meter and log Depth meter ELECTRICAL (4) golf cart batteries Battery charger / Inverter AC/DC circuit breaker panel Shore power cord
- The engine access is beneath the salon steps leading up to the cockpit area. Yanmar 54 HP engine - 400 hours ( New Engine 2007) Full Yanmar insturment-guages panel in cockpit ( New 2007) Manual and automatic bilge pumps Propane heater Electric Anchor Windlass - NEW Danforth and Plow Anchors Solar panels Wind generator New Toilet - ( Electric in Aft head - vacu-flush), ( Manual in forward Head)
- HULL and DECK
- The Catalina -42 is famous for her spacious cockpit and wide walk around decks - She has a modified fin keel with balast bulb for excellent performance and stbility, while offering a shallow draft of less than 5 feet. Nimerous opening ports and hatches allow for excellent ventilation below, and also a bright and airy interior CONSTRUCTION Modified Fin keel Balanced spade rudder (7) Deck hatches (10) Opening ports (2) Dorade vents (2) Lazarette lockers (1) Anchor locker Double lifelines (4) Lifeline gates Deck & Hull Maxwell Nilsson electric windlass Anchor roller Bruce 33# anchor w/ chain & rode Bow anchor protection plate Stainless steel bow rail Stanchions & double lifelines Stainless steel safety grab rails Port & starboard boarding gates Rub railing Stainless steel stern railing Custom stern rail seats, port & starboard Stern gate Reverse transom w/ cut out Stainless steel swim ladder Custom divers ladder Stern anchor roller Stern anchor Stainless steel dinghy davit system @ stern Outboard motor storage mount @ stern Cockpit stereo speakers Cockpit shower Full Bimini top Cockpit cushions Teak cockpit table Fenders Dock lines Navigation lights Canvas sheet bags @ cockpit Companionway canvas cover Cabin top canvas cover Custom dodger w/ isinglass panels Canvas cover for dodger Custom Bimini top (8) Opening deck hatches
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Sails and Rigging The sail compliment includes standard mainsail with lazy jacks and standard furling head sail on a keel stepped mast. The running rigging is all run to the cockpit with 2 x Lewmar 40 ST halyard winches and 2 x Lewmar 52 ST sheet winches. Main sheet traveler is mounted over the coach roof. Sails & Rigging Fully battened Main w/lazy jacks Genoa - 140% on Roller furler Lewmar ST primary winches (2) Lewmar ST cabintop winches w. line clutches
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Life Raft Dinghy - Supersport 1100 Life vests, fender, lines Rail mounted Gas Bar-b-Que Waterproof Cockpit cushions Emergency tiller
- The Catalina 42 has earned an international reputation as the leader in her class . By leading in design, cruising performance, and comfort, the Catalina 42 has become the first choice of sailors worldwide. The hull of the 42 is high-volume, and easily driven, with a fine entry, firm midship section, and smooth run aft. The Catalina 42 deck was designed with shorthanded sailing in mind.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.