- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- fresh water cooled
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
This C & C 40 Centerboard sloop is equipped and ready for you to win your next race. Just bring your crew. Rigging includes babystay to adjust mast rake, hydraulic boom vang and backstay adjusters, traveller, whisker pole, 2 headsails, mainsail, spinnaker and pole, 13 winches. Centerboard allows you to motor and sail in shallow water with 4' 9" draft when up, and gain tremendous stability lowering centerboard when sailing in deeper water = 8' 6" draft.
Interior is all teak with 6' 3" headroom and teak and holly sole. Galley is fully equipped to serve your crew nutritious meals and snacks throughout a long race - deep toploading refrigerator/freezer, deep double SS sinks, 3 burner propane stove and oven. Sleeps 7 in quarterberth, double v-berth, 2 settees, and 2 pilot berths.
Well-maintained by owner with new bottom paint 6/2013.
- Walk Through Tour
- Step aboard at beam and walk forward inside double lifelines using teak grabrails as needed. Notice traveller forward of dodger, and baby stay forward of mast to adjust rake. Observe the variety of winches to adjust multiple sails. Open anchor locker at bow to find Danforth anchor and rode, stored until mounted on bow pulpit when cruising. Proceed aft and step into cockpit. Stand at helm with Edson stainless steel wheel. Note assortment of winches to control sails. Sit on arched helm seat or bult-in seating for 4. Lift cockpit lockers to find propane locker and deep storage areas. Lean over stern to see long folding stainless steel swim ladder. Stand at companionway to observe organized sail lines in cluthes and winches mounted on coachroof either side of companionway. Observe that all running rigging leads aft to cockpit. Step down companionway 4 steps to interior. Notice the beautiful teak finishing throughout with teak and holly sole and 6' 3" headroom. Find comfortable nav station to port across from U-shaped fully equipped galley. Look aft from nav station to find quarter berth. Note companionway steps lift out for easy access to engine compartment. Walk forward into salon with L-shaped settee to port and settee to starboard. Notice single pilot bunks above and behind both settees. Open folding table leaves to see that center table serves both settees. Walk further forward to head on port side with double doors - one to salon and one to v-berth suite. Turn to starboard to see the large hanging locker. Move further forward and open door to forward cabin with large double berth and filler-cushion. Note storage under berth and cabinets with hanging lockers on each side.
- Interior is beautifully designed teak interior and teak and holly sole and generous 6' 3" headroom. Overhead hatches in salon, head and forward v-berth plus ports in v-berth provide cross ventilation. Comfortable salon layout with settees on either side of large center table with 2 leaves. (Centerboard is stored in table post.) Sleeps 7 on forward double v-berth, aft single quarterberth, 2 settees and 2 pilot berths behind settees. Plenty of storage for crew under settees and berths, in hanging lockers, drawers and cabinets. • Classic teak interior design with teak and holly sole • 6' 3" headroom • Seat 6 or more on settees around large folding table • Nav station with comfortable seat and large chart table • Sleeps 7 on double v-berth, quarterberth, settees and pilot berths • Head with manual toilet, vanity and wand shower • Plenty of storage in lockers, cabinets, under berths • Cockpit seats 3-4 on stern bench seats and arched helm seat • 4 overhead hatches, 2 ports, dorade, solar fan
- Fully equipped U-shaped galley for easy preparation of nutritious meals for your crew and cleanup after. You'll appreciate the deep double stainless steel sinks, plenty of countertop space, propane 3 burner stove and oven, deep top loading refrigerator with freezer and plenty of cabinet storage. • U-shaped galley with plenty of counter workspace • Adler-Barbour deep, large top-loading refrigerator with freezer • Deep double stainless steel sinks • Pressurized hot/cold water faucet and manual foot pump faucet • Hillerange propane 3 burner gimballed stove and oven • Lots of cabinet storage for nonperishable food and cookware, dishes, glassware
- Sails and Rigging
- Ample sails for racing your heart out! Sails and rigging in good condition. • North dacron fully battened mainsail • 155% North dacron Genoa • 120% North dacron jib • 1.5 oz nylon spinnaker • 0.75 nylon spinnaker • Furlex furler for headsail • 3 Barient 23 self-tailing 2-speed winches and 2 Barient 22 self tailing 2-speed winches on cockpit coaming • 4 Barient 22 2-speed winches and 1 Barient 23 self tailing 2-speed winch on coachroof at companionway • 4 Barient 22 2-speed winches and 1 Barient 23 self tailing 2-speed winch outboard of mast forward of traveller • Harken traveller mounted forward of dodger • All running rigging led back to cockpit Baby backstay to adjust mast rake • Hydraulic boom vang adjuster • Hydraulic backstay adjuster • spinnaker pole • whisker pole • Rod rigging • Sailtracks with cars mounted on sidedecks • Centerboard adjuster at coachroof - 4' 9" draft when up, 8' 6" draft when down • Keel stepped mast
- • Raytheon Ray 53 DSC VHF radio • B & G network depth & speed • 6" Ritchie compass mounted on binnacle • Windex on mast top • Dual AM/FM/CD stereo
- DC 12 volt system: • Two 31 series Decca wet cell batteries • Guest battery charger • DC control panel at nav station AC 110 volt system: • 30 amp shorepower with shorepower cord • AC control panel at nav station
- Deck and Hull
- Move safely inside double lifelines and use teak grabrails as needed. • Canvas dodger with isinglass over companionway • Centerboard raises up for 4' 9" draft and down fully for 8' 6" draft • Edson stainless steel helm wheel • Arched helm seat • Double lifelines in stainless steel stanchions surround deck • Stainless steel folding swim ladder at stern • Cockpit hot/cold water shower • Propane locker at starboard stern • Keel stepped mast • Vulcanized rubber boot on mast • Bow pulpit with anchor roller • Danforth anchor and rode in anchor locker
- Engines and Mechanical
- Engine and systems easily accessed from behind companionway steps. Raycor fuel filter and sea strainer location in front of engine eases maintenance. • Westerbeke freshwater cooled 30 hp diesel engine • New cutlass bearing • Edson cable steering • New folding bronze prop • Shoal lead keel (4' 9" draft) with centerboard (maximum 8' 6" draft) • Raycor fuel filter • Pressurized water system • Raritan 6 gallon hot water heater • Whale gusher bilge pump in cockpit • Automatic bilge pump • Manual toilet • Solar fan
- Broker's Comments
- This C & C offers everything you want for fun on the water. Well-known as a great racing sloop design, her beautifully designed interior has maximum comfort and classic elegance. Enjoy many cruising days as well as the joy of winning races!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Capt. Calvin at 941.830.1047 or CaptCalvin@EdwardsYachtSales.com or Capt. Wendy at 941.916.0660 for more information and to see this great C & C. Out-of-state buyers may buy this C & C and sail in beautiful Florida waters for up to 180 days without FL sales tax! Ask Capt. Calvin for details.