- 16 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Outboard 4 Stroke
Designed a century ago, built recently, timeless in design.
Designed to sail Buzzards Bay and other rough waters (think San Francisco on the West Coast) her stability has not been exceeded by this size vessel and is often considered to be "the best small boat design, ever". Her hull shape and external 750 lbs lead keel provide stability. While the cockpit is spacious enough for 6 adults the vessel can easily be "single handed" with her self tending jib.The hull is “full flotation” even when swamped with 3 airtight tanks. The deck and transom are reinforced for stiffness with a 3 dimensional fiberglass. This is a craftsman’s boat, not a production type vessel. Made with bent woods, mahogany trim and decks,solid sitka spruce spars and bronze hardware, the vessel will last thru generations of sailors. This is the vessel to learn how to sail with in our local bays or even out side the protection of our local harbours.Built by CAPE COD SHIPBUILDING CO.
New to Market, Artfully built Day Sailer.
See this vessel Underway !
...on South Mountain Yachts web site.
- Ballast: 750 Displacement: 1350
- Total Power: 2HP Out Board
- The vessel comes with Mahogany trim, stained and varnished with Awlgrip's premium spar varnish. Oiled Teak Floor Mahogany Interior Transom
- Solid Sitka Spruce, varnished with 5/8" sail track fastened to the boom, jib club and gaff.The gaff rig mast has steam bent hoops with bronze clips to attach the sail.
- Sails & Covers
- The sails and covers are made by THURSTON SAILS in Bristol RI. The sails are Dacron and the canvass is Sunbrella. Mainsail Jib Sail Area =140 Sq.FT Main Sail Cover Cockpit Tent Jib Cover
- 750lbs Lead Keel Port side Boarding Ladder Seat Cushions Stainless Steel Standing Rigging Polished Bronze Hardware Removable Compass Transom Motor Bracket Main-sheet Cam Cleat
- Included is a custom matched galvanized trailer with the side guides, a 2in ball, tongue Jack and a 4 Flat Electrical connection for lights. 2HP Honda Outboard Motor Included Anti-Fouling Bottom Paint Colored Gelcoat Boot Stripe Fenders Torqeedo 24V Electric Motor Included (Equivalent to 6HP, $2500 Upgrade) Rechargeable Batteries
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- We can assist you with ANY boat you see on this site, listed by ANY broker.Yacht sales work the same way as real estate. We all use the same MLS system. .It’s your money, spend it with someone who cares! For Viewing and Purchase Contact Lou, Toll Free (866) 375-8201, Local (949) 842-2344 E-mail: email@example.com www.SouthMountainYachts.com