- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
This is the most unique Catalina 42 to have ever hit the market. She is owned by an airline pilot who purchased her new in 1997. Between 2005 and 2010, owner spent well over $150,000 to convert her into a custom “Green” Cruiser with a custom high end interior.
With 10-solar panels, huge battery banks, custom insulated interior, water maker, LED lights, custom electrical system, ships computer w/flat screen at helm, 24-volt frig/freezer w/Glacier Bay vacuum panels, Sat TV, Central Vac, Washer/Dryer, Garbage Disposal, Trash Compactor, Central Vacuum, High Speed wireless internet hot spot, and so much more.“Sheer Torture” can sit at anchor for months and be self sufficient w/o running engines.She can even operate her air conditioning for 3-4 hrs off batteries. And for times you have to power, she holds 127 gal of diesel instead of original 38 gal. New Bottom Paint March 2014.
She is a one of a kind green cruising yacht that would cost more than double her asking price to duplicate.
- Her interior is highly customized from 2005-2010 . Starting forward is her Owner's pullman stateroom with lots of storage, custom cabinetry, mast enclosure, and custom mattress. Spectra watermaker resides under pullman. Her in-suite head features a custom shower enclosure. Next aft is her salon with custom salon w/port seating area that sleeps 2 with automatic inflating air mattress. To port is her custom complete nav station with both monitor and TV displays. This is where the ships computer resides. Aft of her nav station is her customized and enlarged guest head with separate shower and washer/drier followed by her guest stateroom enlarged from the original configuration . Across from her head to port his her custom galley trash compactor, custom frig/freezer, and much more. Salon sole raised to allow for Lectrasan unit and additional tankage under sole, entire living area from water line up is insulated and a custom head liner installed with teak battens. Ports are trimmed in custom teak framing with screens and shades. Overhead Hatches are equipped with Oceanaire screens/shades She is beautiful.
- Galley is completely custom and features: 24-volt custom Glacier Bay Micro HPS. Front opening cold plate frig w/separate freezer. Both boxes are insulated with Glacier Bay Vacuum Panels (ultimate insulating system) New frig/freezer condenser 2013 Frig supplies chilled, filtered fresh water Princess 3-burner gimbaled propane stove w/oven Double custom Corian sink set in Corian counter top (2005) Propane lines, remote shut off, and gas remote detecting device new 2010 Broan Trash compactor Garbage disposal Built in Microwave Lots of storage
- Raymarine 6002 Auto Pilot w/wireless remote Raymarine M81162 gyro for autopilot Autohelm ST 50 Speed/Depth/Wind Ship’s computer runs Raytech RNS 6.0 software to Argonaut MTF15XB waterproof/anti glare flat screen at the helm and flatscreen LCD displays in Salon and forward Stateroom 30” Flatscreen LCD TV in Salon acts as computer monitor Raytech software builds its own polars and takes these as well as weather and currents to account for efficient routing 4-kw Raytheon radar display (48-mile) on flat screen at the helm and Flat screen LCD and map overlay on displays in Salon and forward Stateroom Raymarine VHF w/DSC with Helm Station with Cell Phone integration. FloScan Tach and fuel flow totalizer at helm (gal/hr) for efficient motoring 2 ACR 406 EPIRB. Raymarine LifeTag man overboard system fully integrated to nav system with MOB position tagging. Seatel Satellite TV w/digital receiver 17" Samsung LCD TV forward stateroom Ericsson Fixed based Cellar Modem w/mast antenna features High speed wireless hot spot. Bose sound system w/sub woofer and speakers salon/cockpit A/V system can source audio/video to individual or multiple speakers/displays
- Custom with 110vac, 24vdc, and 12vdc systems with custom Blue Seas electrical panel with digital A/C power meter, Digital Solar system monitor and Digital battery monitor integrated into the ships computer. Mermaid 16,500 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning/heat (2005) Note: Insulated hull and decks require less AC. This allows the AC to run off the batteries and 3,000 watt inverter for 3-4 hrs. Central Vacuum 10- BP585 Solar panels mounted on hard bimini put out 24-volt, 25 amp Solar Boost 50 regulator (2010) regulates and boosts output True Sine Wave Inverter- Victron Energy Phoenix 3000 watt/24-volt Balmar 24-volt 110-amp alternator w/smart regulator Hitachi 12-volt 60-amp alternator 3- 24-volt to 12-volt converters units to provide isolated 12-volt DC to navigation electronics and lighting circuits 6- AGM 4D batteries house bank (2010) 1- Flooded Lead Acid 4D Engine start battery (2010) LED running lights including mast head international Interior lighting LED and CCFL (Laptop display technology)
- Note: Salon raised to allow Lectrasan unit and additional tankage under sole. Yanmar 4JH2CE- FWC 50 hp Diesel Engine w/ 1,590 hrs Diesel engine removed and overhauled in 2005 to modify engine room and insulated w/ Glacier Bay Sound Proofing. Fuel hoses new 2010 Fuel capacity increased from original 46 gal to 127 gal for increased range and independence from fuel dock PYI Drive Saver coupling PYI Dripless Shaft Log Shaft Line Cutters 18” 3- Blade feathering PYI Max-Prop reconditioned 2005 Spectra, Newport 400 watermaker (400 g/day) 24-volt with 2013 updated software and ”Z Brane ” electronic water treatment device Splendide model 5200 Washer/Dryer Mermaid 16,500 BTU reverse cycle Air Conditioning (2005) Seaward Stainless Steel Water heater (2006) 2- household size Atlantes Fresh water Electric heads (2005), forward goes to holding tank (2006) and can pump out through Lectrasan or deck pump out, aft head is overboard Lectrasan. Holding tank is aerated to eliminate odor Forespar Marelon above and below water hull fittings. 1- Rule 2,000 GPH automatic bilge pump 1- Rule 4,000 GPH automatic bilge pump using 4” hose w/high water bilge alarm Manual bilge pump Built in fresh water pressure washer for anchor/deck wash down.
- Sails and Rigging
- The Catalina 42 hull is known as a great sailing and very strong design. On last trip to the Bahamas, she sailed 8-9 knots in 7’ seas. Anodized keel stepped Aluminum mast and boom Main w/3 reef points and single line reefing system (Mack Sails new 2006) Mainsail on Ronstan roller track for easy raising and lowering with stack pack Schaefer 3100 Roller furling w/155% Genoa (Mack Sails new 2012) Ball bearing traveler Chain plates were pulled and inspected in 2006 and standing rig replaced 2- Lewmar 54ST Primary winches 2- Lewmar 40ST sail handling winches Mast was un-stepped in 2009 and all electronic and electrical wiring was replaced
- Hull and Deck
- NEW BOTTOM PAINT END OF MARCH, 2014 Running gear treat with Prop Speed Hull barrier coated 2006 w/no blisters Forespar Marelon thru hulls All weather deck hatches and cabin ports replaced with new 2005 Custom Hard Alum Bimini w/ optically clear polycarbonate windshield (2011) Beautiful folding Custom Mahogany cockpit table seats 6 RIB Inflatable dinghy- Avon 310 (10’ 2”) new 1999 Yamaha 15hp Outboard (2000) Ocean Marine Dinghy davits Electric Anchor Windlass (Maxwell 1,000 watt/ 24-volt) 2006 Delta 44# w/100’ chain and 200’ rode Fortress FX23 Aluminum w/30’ chain and 300’ rode Northhill Cast Aluminum 30# w/250’ chain
- Additional Information
- A 2010 Survey states- “The vessel’s overall mechanical and structural condition reflected an appearance, which tends to indicate that the vessel is extremely well maintained. The vessel has undergone a complete interior “custom refit”, navigational electronics, and overall systems “up-grades” and additions. Present fair market value is $230,000-$235,000”. Survey is available for serious buyers.
- Seller's personal items
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For information or more pictures, call or e-mail Listing Broker AL POLLAK (727) 492-7340 or e-mail- email@example.com