- 31 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 454 7.4 FWC
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This Bertram 31 Express is a true classic that transcends the test of time. Her current owner is a very knowledgeable Bertram loyalist who is also a highly respected accredited marine surveyor who has lovingly maintained and cared for her for the past 35 years.
She was repowered in 1997 with new MerCruiser 454 7.4L Bluewater fresh water cooled engines that only have a total of 250 hours on them.
Her sharp entry, forward flare, flat sheer, low freeboard, fast deep-V running surfaces combined with its pronounced transom deadrise enables fast, comfortable and efficient ride in most any sea conditions. Her ride continues to be legendary in every respect.
There have been numerous updates and upgrades made to her throughout the years. Please review the boat specs for additional details regarding this classic.
Please call today with any questions or to schedule a showing.
- Sleeps two in forward V-berth that includes underneath storage, hanging lockers and access to forward anchor locker. Continuing aft and on the port side there is a storage locker followed by a settee and salon table that can convert to a double berth. Opposite to starboard is the galley along with an enclosed head that includes a toilet and shower compartment.
- Key Features and Updates
- Twin MerCruiser 454 7.4L engines with fresh water cooling – engines fully serviced with only 250 original hours (1997 ) Hydraulic steering Morse single lever gear and throttle controls Hurth 1.5:1 marine transmissions with 8 degree down angles Shafts and struts ( 1997 ) Nibral 3 blade 17x18 propellers 4 Curved cabin windows custom made and professionally installed ( 1995 ) Composite high density PVC foam cockpit decks with all new under deck supports ( 1998 and updated in 2011 ) Groco thru-hull ball valves ( 2012 ) Seawater strainers ( 2012 ) V-berth vinyl wall covering ( 2011 ) Head liner replaced in cabin and head ( 2011 ) Galley maid electric head Charles 3 bank SS battery charger 5” FRP exhaust system with Vernay mufflers Bottom stripped and epoxy barrier coated Rocket launcher with stainless steel pedestal 2 - 4D batteries Deck and house painted with Imron® ( 1995 ) Hull sides re-gel-coated ( rub rail to waterline in 1994 ) 3 Bilge pumps ( 2-2200 GPH Johnson and 1-1200 GPH Rule ) Danforth Compass ICOM 504 VHF with DSC Northstar 951X GPS 50’ 30 amp shore power cord with adapters JVC AM-FM single CD changer with 4 speakers 110V and 12V breaker panels that have been completely upgraded and re-wired 12V DC cockpit lights and outlets for electric reels Fresh and salt water wash downs Pressure fresh water system - cold Engine box and live well cushions Helm and companion seats Danforth 23S galvanized anchor Rupp 21’ single spreader black and gold outriggers
- Brokers Comments
- It’s hard not to stand in awe of a boat that truly transformed an offshore design well over 52 years ago and even to this day is still going strong, passionately supported by a legion of devoted owners. Her design and owner loyalty will ensure that the Bertram 31 will live on forever. This Bertram 31 has been well taken care of by an exceptionally knowledgeable owner for the past 35 years. The owner is ready to pass on this classic to someone who can enjoy her on a regular basis. She will turn heads whether you are at the dock or out in the water.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- If you would like to be updated on price reductions on this boat or new listings that are similar to this boat, please click here. Your email address is secure and will never be shared. We utilize the easy, safe one-click unsubscribe if you decide to discontinue our emails. GET EMAIL UPDATES