- 48 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The Soverel 48 is a true blue water ketch that is also at home in coastal waters. Hull # 10 of 16 has been owned and raced locally on Tampa Bay and is now ready for new owners. Providence is big, fast and can be used as a spacous live aboard with extended cruising capacities. This is a must see yacht.
- The Soverel 48 is a ketch rigged center cockpit vessel. Entering into the cockpit area you will find two entrances to below deck areas, one into the galley and the second into the master cabin. There is a walk through below decks from the galley on the port side past the engine compartment to the master berth aft for added convenience. The galley is large with two large refrigeration compartments and counter space on the port side and with the sink and propane stove on the starboard side. Lots of storage cabins through out the galley area. Three burner propane stove and oven. Moving forward there is a built in dining area with seating for six on port which can be converted into a sleeping area. Opposite is a settee for four passengers. The seat cushion slides out to make a large single berth. Further forward is the forward head which has an electric toilet and two doors for privacy. The vee berth cabin has hanging lockers and storage areas. Aft of the galley and beyond the engine compartment you will find the large master berth. The passage way between the galley and master cabin also servers as the master head. This cabin has a hanging locker and a five drawer build in cabinet. The engine compartment is equipped with the main engine and the genset which is enclosed in a sound proof cabinet. Tool and equipment storage is provided.
- The galley has a gimble mounted three burned propane stove and oven. Stainless steel double sink and a single lever faucet. The main electrical panel is located in the galley area. On starboard side are two large refrigation compartments and a counter microwave. There are lots of cabinets and drawers for galley storage.
- Decks, Sails & Rigging
- Providence has all decks of fiberglass construction which have had recent repainting and are in good condition. She is a stay sail ketch vessel. The bow pulpit features double rollers for two anchors. Their is an anchor windlass and a rode storage locker. The jib sail has roller furling. The main sail has lazy jacks and both the main and mizzen sails have sail covers. Both masts are made of aluminum. Forward mast is cutter rigged as well. On the stern you will find a fiberglass dock box for line storage and it serves as the propane locker as well. There is an outboard bracket and a rail mounted propane grill. Draft with center board up is 5'-4" for shallow water use, 11' with center board deployed for blue water cruising.
- Brokers Comments
- The exterior teak cap rail, grab rails and rub rails all need sanding and resealing.The interior areas need a complete sanding and resealing of the wook veneer surfaces.The teak and holly sole decks also need sanding and resealing. Electronics are few and all are older. This Soveral 48 needs some work but has great potential for a new owner who wants to invest some time and effort.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Call Mark Newton direct at cell 813-523-1717.