- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
2013 Year End PRICE REDUCTION: Reduced $100,000.
One of only 15 built and the only one currently on the market. With 3 staterooms, 3 heads, and a full galley, this is a great couple cruising yacht. Also features upgrade electronics, extensive hydraulic winch and furling systems, a retractable bow thruster, utility workshop room, and new A/C air handlers and has an inside engine throttle and shift control station w/elevated helm chair option.
Available Dockage: Slip rental or long term leasing is available, centrally located on the Intercoastal Waterway at Skull Creek Marina, Hilton Head Island, SC. Can be negotiated seperattely after time of sale or bundled with the boat purchase.
- The interior of the Farr 56 delivers unrivalled standards of comfort. Her accommodations offer a stunning pilothouse area with panoramic views. The navigation area, which is in the aft starboard side of the salon, has a Samsung hi-def 32-inch flat screen for display purposes, engine, autopilot and generator controls fitted as standard, together with the array of state of the art instruments for system controls and navigation that are part of the cruising yachtsman's preferred accessories these days. Moving aft and down two steps to port is the separate galley. Its central location minimizes motion at sea and provides privacy for the chef, while still allowing good access to the aft cabin and salon. Standard equipment includes a stainless steel gas stove with grill and oven, microwave, twin stainless steel sinks, and a fridge and two freezers. The substantial aft stateroom features a king-size centerline berth, with TempurPedic mattress, a vanity unit/writing desk, seating area, and a multitude of hanging lockers and drawers. Its own generous ensuite head completes the ambience. Forward there is a choice of two spacious cabins together with two heads, one of which is ensuite to the starboard double guest cabin. The port cabin has hi-lo bunks. Forward of a watertight bulkhead with door you will find sail storage and a workshop area. The pilothouse seating area provides great visibility and ample space for dining and entertaining. The rig with just under 65’ clearance was designed for accessing most of the bridges on the east coast of the United States allowing for better cruising access to many otherwise unreachable places.
- Selected cherry wood interior Custom hi-Io table Custom navigation chair Portlights with Rollo blinds Sky Sol blinds to pilothouse 2 Pull-out drawers underneath sofa Wet locker forward of port side sofa Engine access through salon floor with heavily insulated door openings on gas struts Firelight dimmers to overhead lights Isotherm icemaker built in behind flush wood panel Samsung hi-def 32” plasma TV aft bulkhead by nav station with separate DVD Samsung hi-def 32" plasma TV on forward salon bulkhead for entertainment with separate DVD Bose 35 surround sound with white speakers Black leather upholstery on salon sofas and navigation chair Direct TV receiver Complete Nav Station including engine and transmission controls with an optional raised helm chair.
- Custom made twin sinks Corian surfaces Panasonic convection microwave Aluminum grills both under and above microwave front, for looks and air circulation Pull-out trash bin compartment Hatch in galley floorboard to storage area Solenoid gas shut-off located in galley Immersion heater for instant hot water Pressurized hot and cold water Two upgraded stainless steel VECO Frigoboat front-opening refrigerators (or freezer selectable) with keel cooler compressor Top loaded freezer (or refrigerator selectable) drawer freezer both with keel cooler compressor Force 10 three-burner stove with grill and oven Manual foot pump for freshwater/galley Stove exhaust fan
- Safe in hidden location Firelight dimmers for overhead lights Samsung hi-def 42" Plasma TV with separate DVD Makeup vanity with lights Ample drawer storage Separate shower with Groshe Geotherm fixtures TempurPedic king mattress Acustimass 3 Sound System 2+1 settee to port Ample hanging locker storage Aluminum ventilation grills in clothes locker
- VIP STATEROOM
- Double berth Additional door between two forward cabins Firelight dimmers for overhead lights Drawer storage Ensuite head with Groshe Geotherrn fixtures Sharp LCD 15" flat screen TV with separate DVD Aluminum ventilation grills in clothes lockers Hanging locker Washer/dryer stacked combo
- GUEST STATEROOM
- Over/under bunks that make into a settee when not used as a stateroom Ample storage
- NavPod MP 290 fitted to pedestal bar/table Fixed cockpit table with refrigeration inside Recessed compass at helm Full-width sprayhood stainless steel frames Opening Strataglass windows Bimini with stainless steel frame, removable sides, and glass and mesh material. Zip-in piece to sprayhood Cockpit cushions (closed cell foam) Light under cap of pilothouse LED type lights in custom mount sockets Helm wheel storage in overhead while in port
- Nav Station Salon Raymarine ST290 Maxi Display instruments Raymarine E120 Radar/Plotter/Sonar, color display with a 4KW radar array Raymarine autopilot system, ST7001 Plus display, S3G course computer, Autopilot with Mamba drive Raymarine Raytec 6.1 laptop computer system Raymarine E15023 remote Raymarine E12185 lifetag system Raymarine ST600 socket on the mast SSB ICOM M-802 Antenna tuning box AT-140 Simrad/Shipmate RS 87 DSC, dual station external speaker VHF XM-radio and antenna, bracket for antenna receiver only fitted to aft deck radar pole Iridium 9505 Sat Phone w/docking station laptop interface EPIRB Stratum Five Marinetrack satellite vessel tracking system Actisense AIS system Sat TV antenna system Helm Raymarine E120 Radar/plotter/sonar display Raymarine ST6001 autopilot controls Raymarine ST290 Maxi Display Simrad/Shipmate RS 87 dual station external speaker VHF Companion Way Raymarine ST290 Maxi Display, 2 each Raymarine Tridata wind instrument
- DC service system 24v Batteries 6 X 200 Ah Sealed Glass Matt giving 600 Ah at 24v Charging from a 24v, 110 amp alternator off the main engine with automatic regulator DC switch panel with circuit breakers located near the nav station AC system 230v/16amp/60hz AC outlets in each cabin 230v 100amp AC battery charger Isolating transformer for shore power Shore power lead 25m 50amp shore power connection both at transom and forward sail locker Mastervolt 24/100 – 24v, 100amp battery charger Mastervolt 24/6 – 24v, 6amp battery charger Mastervolt 24/2500 – 24v to 117v 2500 watt inverter Mastervolt shore power protection transformer Mastervolt Smartswitch/Masterswitch 16 for 220v system. Automatic switching between shore power and genset Mastervolt AC/DC control panel Mastervolt Whisper 15000, 1800 rpm, 15kW, including PTO pump in sound box Silent exhaust system for Mastervolt genset Hull fittings integrated to the full bonding system
- ENGINE & MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
- Yanmar 4LHA-HTP 160hp turbo charged diesel engine Flexible coupling connected to 45mm stainless steel shaft 24" three-blade feathering Maxprop (and new spare) Water separator for engine exhaust Sea water manifold/strainer system for all sea water inlets Three electric bilge pumps for sail locker, main, and lazarette Manual bilge pump controlled from cockpit 12v engine start battery 100Ah Automatic engine room fan Fuel tank selector change-over valve Stainless steel fuel, water, and holding tanks Vacuum toilets throughout 3-way valve/direct overboard option or to holding tank Holding tank status gauge Additional fuel tank under starboard forward cabin. Approx 200 Iiters Fuel pumped by transfer pump to either port or starboard main tank Silent exhaust for main Yanmar engine Ambassador rope cutter fitted to prop shaft Retractable hydraulic bow thruster Eberspacher Hydronic 10kW water heater in aft lazarette for air heater 43gph Sea Fresh watermaker Air conditioning to all cabins: 48,000btu reverse-cycle Cruisair with digital control and remote for each cabin 30gal gray water holding tank 400gal fuel in three tanks with one Racor each Hot water heater Splendid stacked washer/dryer
- A screwless teak deck and cockpit with the coach roof running neatly into the foredeck Looking at the deck on the Farr 56, you see a large lazarette locker aft accessed by two watertight flush Rondal hatches and a separate 30 Ib, two tank propane gas locker to port. Forward, in addition to chain locker, is a large area that is accessible from below and acts as a workshop with a built in spinnaker locker. This area has a watertight bulkhead. The cockpit is the control center of the yacht. The winch controls, furling controls, bow thruster controls, etc. are all conveniently placed on the steering pedestal for easy access. The winches surround the cockpit coaming and are all positioned so that they can be easily used from either inside or outside the cockpit. Teak laid deck using 12mm teak and teak capping rail Watertight bulkhead just aft of saillocker/work shop area Large lazarette locker with access from two aft deck hatches Lewmar stainless deck hatches Anderson stainless 66 ECST two-speed hydraulic primary winches Anderson stainless 50 ECST two-speed hydraulic mainsheet winch Anderson 50 CST two-speed furling winch Anderson 50 CST two-speed halyard winches 8 stainless steel mooring cleats Stainless steel anti-chafe strips on the capping rail adjacent to the cleats Gates in the guard-rails Full-width sprayhood Lewmar Royale steering pedestal and Lewmar Mamba rod steering system Cockpit table with built-in refrigerator Hydraulic anchor windlass 30kg stainless steel Bruce-type anchor and 80m chain Harken Staysail sheets and cars on the sheet track Two extra cleats above transom for when moored stem to Davits-Simpson 225-Series 7 - Electric integrated drive Kedge anchor with warp and chain Dog ladder to bathing platform Custom design in stainless steel and teak American propane system and electronic shut-off valve in galley Winslow six-person Iiferaft, vacuum bagged Life raft storage space in aft deck storage to provide easy access at sea Harken black anodized deck gear. Winch button beside winch (standard) and repeated on steering pedestal (6 buttons) Custom antenna bracket to Scanstrut to carry SAT-TV, XM-radio, AIS antenna and Iridium sat phone Flush Rondal glass hatches to forward deck (5 in total) Flush Rondal glass hatches to aft deck (2 in total) High-pressure deck wash pump. Switch over between sea and freshwater Guillotine type electric washboards
- SAIL & RIGGING
- As standard, the Farr 56 is supplied with a custom forespar solid rod rig, a batten car system, and fully battened mainsail with the new generation of boom furling systems. The rig has a hydraulic furled cutter stay. There is a Navtec manual hydraulic package that controls the vang and backstay together with powered winches that allows complete push button control from the safety of the cockpit. North Sails 3DL Marathon, 95m2 mainsail for leisure furl system (new 2009) North Sails 3DL Marathon 150%, 183m2 (new 2009) North Sails 3DL Marathon staysail, 60m2 107% North Sails, G3 Gennaker in black/white pattern Syversen squeezer Forespar mast and main boom, painted white with reduced height. Maximum height off the waterline 64'10" Reflective stripes Headsail windows Forespar spinnaker pole, upgraded to carbon, painted white Lewmar winch, Hydraulic for reefing: PTO back-up from Mastervolt generator Hydraulic headsail furling system Hydraulic staysail furling system Tube spreaders/open spreaders (2 pairs), includes LED spreader lights Spreader lights with dimmer switch Insulated backstay to rod backstay, used as SSB antenna. Two boom lights over cockpit, with dimmer Radar bracket in stainless steel with rope guard around antenna, fitted to main mast lighting master to Forespar mast
- Hull and deck hand laid in purpose-built modem laminating mold Isophalic polyester resins with a multiaxial matting over a Divinycell foam core Cove line and double boot top in black gelcoat Hull internally painted with topcoat throughout Internal stiffening provided from a bottom grid made from a female mold Keel stub integral with hull forming a deep bilge Bolt on wing keel for high performance Spade rudder with 125mm aluminum stock mounted using self-aligning bearings Sea ground plates plus ground plain net laminated into hull to give sufficient ground to SSB ground plane
- SPARE PARTS/EQUIPMENT
- Masthead wind instrument transducer Ray Marine speed transducer Raymarine in-hull depth transducer Raymarine thru-hull depth transducer Raymarine DSM 300 sonar/ fish finder 33G course computer New 24-inch 3-blade Max-prop (spare)
- The Farr 56 Pilothouse is the ideal yacht for the long-term cruising couple that plans to spend extended periods on board without the need for additional crew. It has the light and airy pilothouse, large internal volume, cavernous deck storage, great machinery access, and palatial aft cabin that have become the signature of the pilothouse range. A modern yacht has to fulfill many functions: blasting along in the trade winds, sailing around the bay in light winds, offering a welcoming environment for personal and business entertaining, and providing a safe platform for family holidays. The Farr 56 is comfortable in all of these situations.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.