- 46 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
We proudly present Nordhavn 46' hull # 39 'Jenny' , the central character of the book , 'Jenny's Journey' : The Reality Of Living The Dream ' which chronicled a very experienced owner's 5 year log of great passagemaking . The current owner has taken an already impressive vessel and found ways to enhance her even further. This 1994 N46 is nicely equipped with a dry stacked Lugger diesel and a rare dry stacked generator, paravane stabilization, webasto heat, watermaker, updated electronics, and a roomy 11.5' RIB dingy with a 20hp Four Stroke.
This is a rare opportunity to own a Nordhavn that has an enviable reputation and has been properly maintained .
Seriously for sale...Owner moving up to a larger Nordhavn
- MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT- Nordhavn 46'
- The set up on 'Jenny' allows for independence and self-sufficiency. Batteries and a 3000 watt inverter are large enough to allow anchoring for long periods of time. While at the dock, she simply only requires (1) 30amp power hookup . Single Lugger L-668 naturally aspirated dry stack diesel- 5,460 Hours Northern Lights model M673 6KW keel cooled dry stack generator- 2,460 Hours Wesmar 5hp Bowthruster Aqua Drive System- 2" standard taper SS shaft w/ packless shaft seals - ( reduces vibration) 180 AMP Alternator (2013) Twindisk transmission 3:1 reduction Shark Shaft line cutter for prop (2012) 1000 gal diesel fuel in 4 separate tanks w/ sight tubes Dual racor 75/900FG primary fuel filters 60 gph fuel tansfer pump for priming fuel lines, filling primary racors, transferring fuel, or backing up the engine driven fuel pump. Total of (4) transfer pumps. Racor alarm for fuel filters Electric Lube oil changing system for main, transmission, and generator Propane Tanks (4) Webasto DBW 2010 44,000 BTU diesel furnace with circulating hot water loop through hot water tank and cabin heat exchangers located throughout the boat Coolmate MarineAir- 16,000 BTU (2010) Hella cabin fans (5) 150 gallons per day DC watermaker Hot water heater (2011)- engine or 110V Hot water provided through (1) 9 gallon tank heated by the furnace and (1) 11 gallon tank heated by the engine or AC electric Kariba WCP 1085 AC 10lb combo washer and 220v dryer (8) 8D House batteries / (1) 8D starting battery -(2010) (2) Electric Toilets - Tecma (master), Groco (fwd) (2) Holding tanks . Both heads have diverter values to overboard or individual internal holding tanks, both holding tanks have DC mascerator pumps controlled on the bridge for overboard pump-out and deck fittings for marina pump outs (2) 30 AMP shore power cords Link 20 battery watch system RS-3000 Xantrex 3,000 watt inverter/charger (2007) Fireboy fire suppression system w/ pilothouse remote activation (2) Electric bilge pumps, (1) engine driven bilge pump, (1) manual bilge pump. Rule high water alarm system. Hynautic hydraulic steering system Rudder angle indicator, tachometer, oil pressure, coolant temperature, racor vaccum gauge, racor water warning gauge, morse engine and gear controls New muffler gaskets and heat resistant wrap for dry stacks (2013)
- ELECTRONIC & NAVIGATIONAL EQUIPMENT - Nordhavn 46
- Furuno 64 mile 6KW Model 1942 M2 radar (2012) Furuno 24 mile 2KW Model 1721 radar Fixed mount radar reflector Furuno sounder FCV-581 w/ integral log, nav data display, and sea temp. Roberton AP20 autopilot fully interfaced Autohelm ST50 tridata: wind,speed, depth- remote in master GPS/ DGPS - Furuno GP 32 & Garmin GPS plus III (2012) Furuno GR80 beacon receiver AIS- smart radio SR162 receiver (2) Navigational computers each with its own GPS ( Garmin to one, Furuno to the other ) Coastal Navigation Software ICOM SSB M-710 Pactor System to send and receive email from SSB (2012) ICOM VHF IC-M127 ICOM VHF IC-M422 Ear Phone jacks in master & pilot berth for SSB & VHF Load Hailer Ritchie compass ( pilothouse) Plastimo compass ( master stateroom ) Large remote spotlight Dual trumpet Horn 40" Sony Bravia LCD flatscreen TV with (7) surround sound theater speakers w/ woofer in salon 22" Skyworth LCD 12v/220v TV in master stateroom Panasonic Blu-Ray / DVD home theater system Digital TV antenna Sony AM/FM CD Stereo w/ shortwave radio feature Sony AM/FM CD stereo w/ remote (pilothouse) Sony AM/FM CD stereo ( fwd stateroom )
- DECK & SAFETY EQUIPMENT - Nordhavn 46
- The construction of these boats is renowned for their sturdiness and high quality. There are 8 full longitundial stringers, and the hull and deck joints are through bolted. There are numerous supports and handholds to allow safe movement around the deck areas. Paravane stabilization system owner designed and engineered for easy and quick deployment and retrival . TPS (towed passive stabilizer) system set for 7 knots . Upgraded magma flopper stoppers. All rigging inspected & standing rigging renewed (2013) 11.5' West Marine RIB 350 dingy w/ 20hp Mercury Four Stroke (2009) Custom extended boom w/ electric davit can launch dingy on port, starboard, or stern Elliot MK4 6-Man Solas rated cannister raft (2012) 406 EPIRB w/ new battery ( 2013) Fortress Anchor model FX-37 Rocna Anchor 55kg Droge Sea Anchor 600ft 3/8" galvanized bow chain 600ft 3/4 nylon rode 200ft nylon rode & 30ft chain for stern anchor 300ft nylon rode in lazarette Maxwell 3500 12V DC electric windlass w/ foot pads & remote in wheelhouse. Sea water deck and anchor washdown on foredeck, fresh water washdown in cockpit Stainless steel boarding/swim ladder w/ mounts at each boarding gate. Hookah air-line diving system (2008) Fish cleaning station on top of aft deck cabinet Rod holders & downriggers (2) Jim Bouy mounted liferings (7) Fire extinguishers (3) Smoke/cO2 detectors Weber cockpit cooking grill (2013) Upgraded Hella navigation running lights Spreader lights to illuminate upper deck & foredeck Interior overhead courtesy lights changed to LED for safety Textaline window screens for side salon windows Textaline aft deck enclosure Sunbrella window covers for pilothouse Sunbrella foredeck sunshade w/ custom built-in water cistern collection system Storm covers for salon windows Very large aft Lazarette with huge storage capacity and access Bow storage box Alwgrip paint on hull sides Epoxy barrier coat applied to hull Heavy duty rubrail rebedded (2012 All exterior house caulking renewed (2012) Extensive inventory of spare parts, service records, and manuals for all onboard systems.
- GALLEY EQUIPMENT - Nordhavn 46
- Full size Norcold DE-560 9 cubic ft AC/DC refrigerator/ freezer 3 Burner gimbaled propane Stove w/ oven (2) 20lb (5gal) propane tanks in external cabinet w/ automatic change over manifold and new gauges to meet ABYC standards. 1200 watt AC Princess microwave oven Double SS sink Single lever Delta faucet (2013) Seagull filtered drinking water system for galley (2013) Top loading freezer
- ACCOMMODATIONS - Nordhavn 46
- The design of the boat lends itself to privacy and comfort. The beautiful teak and holly soles throughout show very little sign of wear. The salon area is aft, leading from the cockpit. Entering the salon, there is a wall mounted 40" Sony LCD flatscreen TV and full entertainment center to starboard and a U-shaped settee and table to port. The table lowers to create a double berth . Note ,the galley arrangement in 'Jenny' is the much preferred N46 layout which provides a much more open environment to the salon. Next to the galley is the stairway leading down to the master amidships cabin located in the most sea worthy area of the hull . This low midships master provides comfort and sfety in a seaway and is the preferred layout option for the N46. The berth is a centerline queen on the port side. There are two opening port lights above the berth, ample hanging lockers and drawers, and a desk facing aft. To starboard is a private ensuite head and shower . High attention to detail is visible throughout such as the brass Weems & Plath clocks, temperature, and barometers located in the master and salon. The forward cabin is equally as comfortable as the master with a double berth, great storage, and two opening port lights. The starboard full length settee can double as another berth . Forward is another private ensuite head and separate shower with seat . A washer/dryer combination unit serves the guest accommodations. The well equipped pilothouse has a very large pilot berth and comfortable settee and table.
- Nordhavn 46' Overview
- Jenny, has been a well-known vessel for many years, having been the central character of the book Jenny's Journey: The Reality Of Living The Dream. (available for order on Amazon.com.) You won't find a nicer Nordhavn 46 of this vintage that has been constantly upgraded with a very strict preventative maintenance schedule. Newer isn't necessarily better as this vessel is in ready-to-go status and has had a very smart re-designing of functional elements thanks to her very knowledgeable past owners. The current Annapolis, Maryland-based owners were constantly focused on refining the comfort, increasing the range and efficiency, and ensuring that the equipment was always more than ample to do serious passagemaking. This vessel is only being offered to someone who will care for her the way her previous owners have since they are looking to get a larger Nordhavn.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Please contact the listing broker, Randy Walterhoefer, directly at 917 478 4944 or 1 855 266 5676 or email@example.com.