- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
The Hunter 426 Deck Salon is probably the most popular, larger, Hunter ever built. This boat has made several seasonal passages between New England and the Caribbean and has proven herself to be a true bluewater passagemaker. But, whether sailing offshore, or family cruising in the idyllic warm waters of the Caribbean, this is a boat that will take care of you and the family in comfort and style while, at the same time, provide excellent sailing performance to get you where you want to go.
Presently located in Fajardo, Puerto Rico, she is ready for he new owner to begin cruising the Caribbean immediatly.
- Broker's Comments
- This is an exceptionally well equipped Hunter 426 Deck Salon that offers the space and accommmodations normally found in much larger boats. She is bright, airy and spacious below, with plenty of storage. Coupled with easy single-handed sailing capability and excellent sailing performance, she is outfitted and perfect for cruising, day-sailing or simply living aboard. 2 full cabins, 2 showers, 2 heads, 2 vanity sinks. Easy sail-handling with in-mast roller furling, furling genoa and all lines leading aft to the cockpit, make this boat ideal for sailing with limited crew, or single-handed, easily.Her excellent performance on all points of sail make her a comfortable passage-maker, a worthy competitor when racing and always a fun and responsive boat to sail. This is a well-maintained (owner's pride and joy) boat. She is in 'sail-away' condition, fully air-conditioned with reverse cycle heat pump and a 'quietly-located', sound-encased, 8kW generator, two Kiss wind generators and five solar panels. Located in Puerto Rico - ideal location to begin your Caribbean cruising!
- Accommodations and General Layout
- There are two (2) private cabins, each containing complete heads with glass-door enclosed showers. Both beds have inner-spring mattresses. The forward cabin consists of a Pullman berth to port with vanity to starboard. The master cabin, aft, contains a queen bed, a make-up table, ample storage, drawers and hanging locker. In the main salon there is a convertible double dinette plus a facing full settee allowing comfortable sleeping for seven (7) people. The salon is large and open and contains seven (7) large fixed windows with shades and a large centered hatch with sunshade and screen. A large flat-screen TV with a Bose sound system is located on the forward bulkhead. A large U-shaped dinette table is located on the port side with comfortable seating for six (6) people. Aft, on the port side,is a huge L-shaped galley - extensively equipped and an overhead hatch with sunshade and screen. To starboard is a custom sit-down Nav Station with ample space for charts and serious navigation. There is generous storage throughout.
- A large and well-equipped galley makes food preparation and entertainment a true joy! It is one of the best galley layouts you will ever see on a boat this size. main features include: Force 10 stainless steel, propane, top-burner stove with oven and control/shutoff solenoid. Separate front-loading stainless steel refrigerator and custom top-load freezer. Recessed double stainless steel sinks with cutting board and chrome multi-function faucet. Seagull water purification system. Microwave oven. Corian counter tops Large pantry with shelving. Five (5) drawers. Three (3) storage cabinets. Three (3) shelf spice racks. In-counter trash bin. Under-sole storage bin. Lighted, self-draining, dish storage cabinet. Large watermaker.
- Electronics and Electrical
- Raymarine Autopilot w/remote at helm station. Raymarine RL 80 dual Chartplotters at Nav station and at helm station. Raymarine ST 60 speed/depth/wind at Nav station and at helm station. Raymarine ST 80 data displays at Nav station, helm station and aft berth. All the above instruments are linked. Icom 602 VHF at Nav station with full function remote mic at helm station Icom 802 UHF at Nav station. Global Star Sat Phone Sonar. SeeMe active radar repeater. Dual 1100vac, 30 amp, dockside power w/two (2) shore-side power-cords and 50 amp converter pigtail. Freedom 2500 battery charger and inverter. Two (2) Xantrex galvanic isolators. High output 110 amp alternator. Tank guages for fuel, water and waste. Sharp 'Aquos' 15" flat-screen LCD TV w/Bose sound system. Bose 3.2.1. DVD/CD/FM/AM entertainment system. Stereo system (new) in cockpit w/speakers in arch above the helm. Carbon Monoxide detectors in each cabin. Smoke detectors. Overhead fluorescent lighting throughout. Three (3) reading lights in the aft cabin, two (2) in the salon, three (3) in the forward cabin. Courtesy floor lighting. Cable TV/telephone receptacle in the cockpit. Sump pump for each shower. Three (3) automatic bilge pumps. Five (5) large solar panels. Two (2) Kiss wind generators.
- Yanmar Diesel engine - 56hp, model 4JH3E - well maintained, with 360 degrees access by lifting-up and removing the companionway steps and aft-cabin vanity. Fischer-Panda mini 8 Generator Automatic Halon style engine room fire extinguishing system. Aft Cabin air and heat - 12,000BTU. Salon and forward cabin air and heat - 16,000BTU. Max Prop propeller, fully adjustable and reversing.
- Deck and Hull
- The decks are wide, providing easy access forward. Stainless Steel grab-rails extend well forward of the mast to provide confident, safe, movement when underway. A large foredeck makes handling dock-lines easy. Ground tackle is located in a deep well, forward, and is easily accessible. There is a recessed electric windlass with deck-mounted foot switches.And you will enjoy sitting in one of the aft stern seats at dockside, at anchor, or underway using the remote control for the autopilot! Structural HKT Kevlar hull re-inforcement throughout provides additional hull stiffnes while minimizing weight. Dual offset anchor rollers at the stem. Dual heavy-duty windlasses on the bow to handle heavy-duty anchors and chain. 75 pound CQR anchor with 200ft of new chain rode. 65 pound Spade anchor with 200ft of new chain and 100ft of nylon rode. 45 pound Fortress stern anchor with 100ft of nylon rode. 360 degree rubrail in stainless steel mounting extrusion. Dockside fresh water hook-up. Hot and cold pressure transom shower. Eight (8) stainless steel HD cleats. Seven (7) opening deck hatches, three (3) with screens. Seven (7) opening ports, four (4) with screens. Double lifelines with three (3) gates. Hinged helm seat for access to swim platform. Swim platform with telescoping stainless steel ladder. Cabin-top stainless steel grab-rails. MaxGuard UV-inhibited gelcoat. Molded-in gray non-skid walking surfaces. Inboard genoa tracks with cars. Winged, shoal-draft, lead keel. Davits to hold dinghy - sturdy, have carried offshore nicely.
- Rigging and Sails
- Selden B&R double swept-back spreader fractional rig with in-mast roller furling. Selden solid boom vang. Genaker Pole mounted on the mast w/track. Harken genoa roller furling. Harken ball-bearing mainsheet traveller on stainless steel structural arch. This arrangement is designed to reduce the number of lines running to the cockpit, Stainless steel shrouds and turnbuckles. Internal hallyard led to the cockpit All sheets and lines are led to the cockpit. Eight (8) Spinlock sheet stoppers (two gangs of four). Two (2) Harken 46 ST 2-speed genoa winches. Two (2) Harken 40 ST 2-speed rigging winches with Dutchman boom-brake/preventer. Upgraded hevy cruising sails by Doyle.
- The cockpit is exceptionally roomy with full enclosure including EC2Y Dodger (makes for great extended sailing season comfort) and makes it into a very large, comfy, cabin. The cockpit coamings are tall and nicely angled, which makes its back seats ergonomically correct and very comfortable. There are plenty of hold and brace points.The seats are long and there is plenty of room to stretch-out. The cockpit is big enough for six (6) adults to sit comfortably and two long teak-trimmed stern pulpit seats can hold four (4) more. The cockpit has a custom hard-top with four (4) large hatch/skylights and a heavy duty stainless steel frame built to take offshore sailing in comfort. Seat cushions all around. Four (4) cockpit/transom storage lockers with extra large port side 'mega locker'. Huge swim platform. Tail storage lockers. Stainless steel cockpit arch with chart light and stereo speakers Cockpit Stereo system.. Cockpit grab-rail and fold-out cockpit table. Whitlock helm with tall boy instrument pods and helm cover - allows a good viewing angle over the coach roof. Whitlock direct drive steering with single lever engine/transmission control. Sturdy companionway doors and slide cover. Full Yanmar instrumentation.
- Full complement of fenders (6) and lines. Six (6) offshore lifejackets. USCG Safety package. 9ft Avon dinghy with 15hp Yamaha outboard motor. Six (6) person liferaft. Epirb. Three (3) oversize 10lb Halon-style fire extinguishers. Tons of boat-related gear to maintain, and operate, a yacht in proper condition.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.