- 48 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Opportunity to own this solid, blue water cruiser/racer that is for sale by 2nd owner. Her current owner has had for about 4 years. She has many safe blue water miles, including two transatlantic crossings.
The main was reduced to clear the 65' bridges on the intercostal waterway. Sail riggers always commented on the size and strength of the mast. Most of the solid rod rigging was replaced with dynaform. The original rod rigging was continuous and one intermediate stay broke, so to be safe the rest was replaced.
Built in Hong Kong by Cheoy Lee and marketed under the Golden Wave name. Newer cushions, nicely laid out interior, low hour Perkins diesel. The interior layout can accommodate at least 8 to 10 easily. The refrigerator/freezer are inline and in the center of the roomy galley. Hull just painted black along with gold boot stripe (2013). Complete bottom job 2013.
The versatile ketch/cutter setup allows for great flexibility in the sail plan, and easily single-handed. The ketch rig plus centerboard allows intercostal and shallow water cruising. You'll notice her racing background when you see the hydraulic adjusters for the backstays of the main giving good sailing performance either in the ocean or club racing.
- Working from forward to aft, the layout starts with a V-berth sleeping area or storage area in the forepeak. Just aft is an ensuite shower/head which leads into a cabin with a large sleeping area to port and bunks which have been converted to contained storage areas on the starboard side. Aft of this area is the salon and galley. The galley is on the port side and the large settee which converts to a berth is on the starboard side. Aft of the settee, is the navigation station. Aft of the navigation station is an open area with bunk berths which is currently used for storage. Across from the navigation station is a captain's quarters which has an ensuite head which is aft of the galley and a large berth running the remaining length of the port side. The engine is located under the cockpit and the companionway stairs are between the navigation station and the captain's quarters.
- The galley is spacious and located in the center of the boat. It has plenty of space for preparing your favorite meal. The stove, storage and sinks run down the port side. Centerline of the boat is the large refrigerator/freezer. Each compartment has its own holding plate and the refrigerator section is front opening towards the bow. Lots storage Lighting Emerson microwave LPG control panel Seaward Speakers Knife holder Mirror Large counter space Grunert 110 Vac w/2 holding plates Force 10 (3) burner stove/oven Hot water heater Dinette Visio flat screen TV Large seating area/ converts to berth Lighting Cabinet storage Folding teak table Stereo speakers A/C controls Double stainless sinks Pressurized hot & cold water
- Electronics/Navigation Station
- Large chart storage area A/C – DC access panel Lighting Comfortable seat with cushion Raytheon R20 Radar (needs repair) w/ 4kW Radome ICOM VHF IC-M45 Garmin GPS Raymarine Type 3 autopilot JRC 1000 Radar Richie compass
- (2) A/C units 30 Amp shore power service 50' 30 amp shore power cable 3000 W Prowatt Inverter
- Deck & Hull Equipment
- The hull has been repainted black (2013). The bottom was also sanded and repainted 2013. The centerboard is controlled from the cockpit. She has teak trim that goes around the entire topside of deck. It has stainless stanchions that circle the entire perimeter of the yacht – with two cables that run through them for safety. She has lots of cleats topside. Also has (6) opening port holes. She has a large aft cockpit. It has a large top with black canvas and black dodger. Two seats lift up for easy access to two large lazarettes. The helm is impressive with a large stainless wheel that is so big that the cockpit has a groove in the floor to accommodate its diameter. This large wheel adds to the ease of sailing her from either side. The wheel has a special clutch to release it to reduce the work on the autopilot. Ground tackle : 12 Vdc Maxwell 850 Windlass 23 KG Bruce Anchor 100' G4 3/8" chain 100" 5/8" nylon rode 88# Delta 45# CQR Stanchions and bases have been replaced Winches: Main mast- Barient #24 Barient #28 Barient #25 (2) Barient #10 (on main boom) Cockpit- Barient #86 (2) Barient #32 (2) Barient #23 (2) Barient #27 Mizzen- Barient #10 (2)
- Mechanical & Engine Room
- Perkins 4286 with v-drive (650 hours) 2 blade folding Max Prop
- Sails & Rigging
- With her racing pedigree, the rigging has both wire and rod. The backstays on the main mast can be hydraulically adjusted from the helm. The shrouds are run inboard of the deck for better sheeting angles on the jib. Harken Roller furling on jib UK 120% Jib- good shape UK Main- fully battened and good shape Extra main & 120% in fair shape Cruising Asymmetrical spinnaker- excellent shape Upgraded sail track on main mast Older mizzen sail
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.