- 48 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
"Bright Star" has lived much of her life in the Great Lakes, hence she has had the benefit of being a fresh water boat from early 2005 until November 2011. Purchased by her current Owner in 2005 she has been properly prepared and upgraded for cruising the Bahamas and beyond. She is a very spacious sailing yacht with all the amenities needed for comfortable "island cruising".
Please call us today for a "no baloney" assessment of her condition and capabilities. She awaits your most diligent inspection!
- Sleeps a total of eight: two in each of the staterooms plus three settee berths and a pilotberth in the passageway aft. Entering the boat coming down the center-cockpit companionway, the forward-facing nav station is to port, and the U-shaped galley is to starboard. Forward of this is the main salon with an L-shaped settee to port and a straight settee which makes into a double berth to starboard. There is a centerline bifold teak dining table with a built-in wine rack. Under and outboard of both settees are ample storage lockers. Forward of the main salon is a day head with shower to port accessible both from the salon and the forward stateroom. Opposite the head are four drawers. Going into the forward stateroom, there is a largedouble V-berth with drawers to starboard and a hanging locker to port. All the way forward is the chain locker. Going aft from the companionway to port is a walk-through passage to the aft stateroom. Outboard in the walkthrough ia a pilotberth with drawer space underneath. Opposite is a walk-in engine room. All the way aft is the large Owner's stateroom with a centerline king-size bed. There is lots of storage space in drawers, cupboards and hanging lockers. Off the Owner's stateroom is a head with separate stall shower. There is excellent ventilation throughout with 15 opening ports and 7 hatches, all with screens. All the locker doors have handwoven cane fronts for ventilation. Teak paneling and trim throughout. All shelves, table tops and countertops are fitted with fiddles. Solid teak compaionway ladder has lockers under each step.
- Force 10 3-burner propane stove with oven (2010) Quasar microwave oven Grunert 12V holding plate refrigeration Double S/S sinks Fresh & salt pressure water w/ foot pumps Seagull water purifier Built in cutting board Xintex propane safety monitor Garbage bin under companionway steps Nine cane front lockers Cabinet under sink New refrigeration intake water pump (2013)
- B&G Helmstar 740 autopilot B&G wind, depth, speed Furuno 24 mile radar Garmin 120XL GPS Radar reflector Apelco XCD 241 fish finder ICOM M56 VHF radio GlobalFix 406 EPIRB (2011) ICOM 761 SSB radio SSB antenna (New 2011) VHF antenna (New 2011) Danforth 7" compass Clock & barometer
- (1) 8D gel cell - house battery (2012) , (1) 4D engine start, (1) wet cell - genset Charles 50 amp automatic battery charger Northern Lights 5.5KW generator w/ 500 hrs. Heart 1500 watt inverter Balmar 80 amp alternator All LED lighting (New 2011) 50' 30 amp Marinco shore power cord
- Cruisair 16,000 BTU reverse cycle AC/Heat (3) Automatic, (1) Manual bilge pumps Mixing elbow (New 2013) (1) Electric , (1) Manual head Head electric pump (New 2013) Engine room sound proofing (2011) Balance and align fly wheel (Nov 2011) LED lights in engine room Transmission drive saver S/S prop shaft 3 blade prop Engine mounts replaced Racor fuel filters Algae-X fuel filtration New cutlass bearing Shaft Shark Manual BC fire extinguisher
- Deck & Cockpit
- 35# Danforth anchor Muir electric windlass Full cockpit enclosure w/ Isenglass & screens NEW Isenglass in dodger (2013) Cockpit cushions Teak grated cockpit sole S/S BBQ grill Strobe light Lifesling w/ harness (2012) (2) Large aft deck lazarettes (3) Cockpit lockers New horseshoe life ring and holde r (2012) 9'6" Avon RIB (2011) Mercury 9.9hp OB engine (2011) Kato davits (2011) Salt water deck washdown system (2013) (4) Life jackets
- Sails & Rigging
- Sail inventory: 110% genoa, 150% genoa, main, staysail, storm jib, mizzen, (2010) spinnaker (4) 55 ST primaries, (3) regular All winches serviced (7/2011) Keel stepped aluminum mast New windex @ masthead Spinnaker pole Mainsheet traveler Lazy jacks on main & mizzen Mast steps on main & mizzen chain plates are 316 stainless Lightning rod to main mast w/ separate ground plate Standing rigging professionally inspected (2011) New jib halyard and sheets (6/2011) New jib fairleads (2011)
- Extensive spare parts inventory for literally every system Most running rigging has a new spare on board Starboard settee modified to provide storage while still allowing the use as a pullout double berth
- Brokers Comments/ Additional Information
- "Bright Star" is a well equipped center cockpit design offering rugged construction and quality workmanship. She is a world capable, comfortable liveaboard with great sailing performance. She has tremendous amounts of internal storage suitable for World cruising. Her Owner had her ready to go cruising when other commitments reared up, causing a change in plans.
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Listed by a CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER Click for more info