- 49 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
CIRCE is a great liveaboard boat and world cruiser – your choice. CIRCE has a new furling mainsail system, generator, dual reverse-cycle air conditioners, Espar heat and a strong 1998 140-hp engine. Owner will consider a trade for a Hinckley or an Eastbay.
- The Hinckley 49 is a center cockpit sailboat that was developed by Henry R. Hinckley to perform as a spacious cruiser offering excellent charter capabilities or comfortable extended liveaboard cruising accommodations in Hinckley style. She is a strong performer under sail or motor in all conditions has abundant tankage and storage. CIRCE has two cockpits, reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning + Espar heat to all cabins. She sleeps up to seven in three cabins. In recent years CIRCE was been updated with a new engine, new rig, new sails, new canvas, new electronics, new Awlgrip topsides and new general systems. New main in-mast furling, sail and electric winches and GPS in 2013.
- HULL AND DECK
- Aristo Blue Topsides (Awlgripped in 2010) White gelcoat house and deck with molded in nonskid in work areas. White Bootstripe Red Bottom CONSTRUCTION: Hand laid fiberglass hull utilizing matt and rovening construction in alternate layers. Bilge stiffeners and stringers are molded integrally as needed for extra stiffness. A 6-inch deck flange is molded integrally below the top edge of the hull to receive the deck. Mast step and chain plate areas are reinforced with extra heavy, solid fiberglass. Deck, deckhouse, and cockpit are fiberglass molded in a single section with a non-skid pattern molded in the cockpit seats and working area of the deck. An integral guardrail has a stainless steel cap. Bronze thru-hulls are used on all hull openings below the water line and are secured to the full with Monel fastenings. Lead keel: 8,000 lb. lead keel is fastened with 316 stainless steel bolts. The keel is mounted outside the hull for ease of repair and to protect the hull from damage in the event of grounding. Centerboard: A 500 lb. bronze foil-shaped centerboard is raised and lowered by a Hinckley worm-type electric lift with manual override. Bridge clearance is 57’ More Deck Features: 2 Cockpits - Large center cockpit and private aft cockpit Double lifelines with port and starboard gates Deck trim, toe rails and grab rails along the cabin trunk are varnished teak. Hatches have translucent plexiglas tops. Two 5” ventilation cowls, mounted on dorades are located forward of the main mast. (2) Saltwater or freshwater deck wash downs
- COCKPITs - Center and Aft
- Both center and aft cockpits have teak inlay soles. Center Cockpit: The spacious Center Cockpit is located amidship with large seats and high coamings. The coaming surrounding is capped with varnished teak. Bridge lockers. Cockpit Features: Center Cockpit dodger Bimini HRH teak cockpit folding table Teak coffee cup holder 12-volt plug Helm: The Helm is equipped with Hinckley pedestal steering: Stainless steel destroyer-type wheel and engine controls Stainless steel pedestal guard Mounted binnacle compass Aft Cockpit: Aft Cockpit dodger The Aft Cockpit is located aft of the Owner’s stateroom with access through a pair of stateroom companionway hatch doors to and from the aft deck. The cockpit sides are equipped with locker doors allowing storage outboard under the deck.
- ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
- Navigation Equipment: Garmin 8000 Radar/GPS (2013) - Cockpit Garmin GPS - Nav Station Raytheon GPS - at Helm Robertson Autopilot - with cockpit remote (2) Standard Horizon Nova VHF's Standard Horizon LHS hailer lCOM 710 SSB/Ham (2) Compasses TackTik AWS, WS, Speed, Depth - Cockpit TackTik wireless (solar-powered) - Cockpit Radar repeater - Cockpit Datamarine Wind machine - Cockpit Entertainment Equipment: AM/FM Radio with CD (2010) 13" Flat-screen TV Dockside Cable Hookup
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- Sleeps seven in three cabins. The interior is finished in varnished mahogany with varnished teak and holly sole. Some features include: Energy efficient lighting has been installed throughout the cabins. All the window ports have been replaced. Stainless steel fireplace/heater Reverse-cycle Air conditioning Espar heat Curtains throughout Two opening ports Heads are white for ease of cleaning Galley and head countertops are Formica Layout summary: Master Aft Suite - with head Galley Main Cabin area – includes Main Salon and Navigation Station Forward Head Forward Cabin VESSEL WALKTHROUGH Aft, the Owner’s Master Suite is a beautifully fitted cabin: Single berth is to port and a double berth is starboard of the companionway to the cockpit. (2) Large hanging lockers 6-drawer dresser Custom-made bed linens and curtains. Ensuite Owner’s Head is forward to starboard. Vanity with formica countertop and a sink Stall shower with glass door Vacu-flush head - to holding tank Storage Ceramic tile floor Owner's Cockpit: Private companionway access aft to the Owner’s cockpit and the aft deck. Next forward to port, inboard/outboard Galley is out of the way of the main cabin and gives good access to the Owner’s cabin as well. Fully-equipped Galley features: Inboard and outboard formica countertops. Large microwave Propane stove and oven Drinking water filtering system Icemaker (New) Large 12-volt Grunert refrigerator/freezer – countertop hatch accessed More than ample storage is provided over and under the countertops. The full width Main Cabin is forward of the Galley. The companionway to the Center Cockpit is aft center Starboard is aft access to the insulated Engine Room and the Nav Station is outboard. The full-width Main Salon is forward. Engine Room: Acoustically insulated, the engine room has the 110-volt distribution panel, and gives excellent access to work on pumps, main engine, etc. Navigation Station: Aft starboard outboard is the outboard-facing nav station with a large nav desk for chart storage. Electronics are mounted outboard Main Salon: There are two L-shaped cushioned settee with mahogany trim. Both settees convert to berths. Custom mahogany table with fold-up leafs - can serve as a dining table or can be gas-assist raisedlowered and folded to a cocktail table. Recently replaced cushions and curtains. Stainless steel fireplace/heater is located on the starboard forward bulkhead. Locker storage is over outboard the settees Forward to starboard is a hanging locker The Forward Head is next forward to port. Vanity formica countertop with sink and fixtures Electric head (new 2012) - to holding tank Ceramic tile sole Storage outboard and under the vanity. The Forward Stateroom is accessed from the main cabin. Large V-berth - with insert to form a double berth Custom linens Hanging locker Storage drawers Outboard shelves Forward access to forepeak chain locker and storage
- SAILS & RIGGING
- April 2013 - Owner ordered new Schaefer in-boom furling system for main with new main sail and electric winch. Keel-stepped masts Stainless standing rigging Schaefer in-boom furling system Pro-furl roller furling headsail system Lazy jacks on mizzen Inner forestay Staysail rigging Boom vang for main sail WINCHES: (2) Barient 2-speed electric cockpit winches - for genoa SAILS: Main - Mac full-batten furling (2013) Mizzen - Mac (2013) 135% Genoa - UK Genoa (New 1999) Star-cut sail
- Rigging, engine, electronics, electrical systems are all bonded to the keel by heavy copper strapping. 12-Volt DC and 115-Volt AC System: Separate starting battery bank for starting main engine and generator. (2) Engine start 12-volt G-27 batteries AGM 12-volt house batteries (6) AGM 100-amp batteries 100-amp alternator for charging batteries 100-amp battery charger 80-amp battery charger Circuit breakers protect all circuits and may be used to switch all circuits off 110-Volt Shore Power System: (2) Shore power 50-amp cords Freedom 20 lnverter (2) Galvanic isolators Generator: 4.2 kW generator (325-hours 8/2013)
- 1998 Ford Lehman 140-hp 6-cylinder diesel engine: Paragon transmission PSS drip-less shaft seal (2009) Max prop (2009) (2) Automatic bilge pumps Manual bilge pump Shower sump pump Water pressure pump Spare freshwater pump Emergency tiller system (2) Cruisaire reverse-cycle air conditioning units - 12,000 BTU & 16,000 BTU's Espar heat - with forced air to all cabins 6-gallon hot water heater (2010) 2 @ 50-gal. holding tanks (or shower)
- RECENT REFIT
- Repaint of hull and topsides 6-coats of exterior varnish Varnished cabin sole Removed seacocks and replaced or rebuilt. Removed and cleaned engine injectors Rebuilt aft head vacu-flush toilet Rebuilt engine alternator and replaced regulators and alternator bracket. Repaired Autopilot and Navigation system Repaired windlass Replaced bilge pumps both electric and manual Replaced zincs Replaced shaft seal and shaft bearing Replaced the drive saver Replaced both AC units Replaced forward head and hoses Replaced mizzen sail Replaced Tri-color light on main Replaced Tack Tik wind instrument Replaced propane electric valve and switching Replaced hot water tank Recharged all fire extinguishers New hard bottom Dinghy New davits New bimini New stereo Center cockpit and owner cockpit cushions
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- EQUIPMENT: Tri-color masthead light (2013) Navigation lights Fenders Dock lines Boarding ladder Hard bottom dinghy (2013) 6-man liferaft - certified 2013 GROUND TACKLE SYSTEM: Ideal electric windlass HRH stainless steel bow roller & chock 60# CQR anchor 55# Fortress anchor Fortress FX-37 anchor
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org