- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
Change of Plans forces Owner to Sell
Any Reasonable Offer Considered
Fresh Bottom Paint April 2014
In Mast Furling
Dinghy, Outboard and Davits.
Often, other sailors consider Island Packet owners a cult. Maybe it's because Island Packet owners appreciate the combination of old world craftmenship with robust construction. Maybe it's because Island Packets are both comfortable at sea or dockside, yet fast and easy to handle. Maybe it's the stuning good looks or incredible resale value. Maybe it's because thousands of owners have sailed millions of miles and love to brag about their boats. Whatever the reason, you will find Island Packet owners keep their boat years longer than owners of other boats. When the time comes for an Island Packet owner to move up, usually the only boat they will consider is another Island Packet.
The 420 was awarded "Boat Of The Year" honors and represents the best of everything that has earned Island Packet its position as America’s Cruising Yacht Leader.
Here is your opportunity to buy an exceptionally well equipped boat from a motivated seller.
You've worked hard, sacrificed, took care of your responsibilities and you made a little money. Now it is your turn, so what are you waiting for?
Be certain to find the link for additional high definition pictures. Then call me to discuss this boat in more detail or to schedule a personal inspection.
- Broker's Comments
- Lowest Priced Island Packet 420 on the Market Generator Water Maker Air Conditioning Electric Winches Bow Thruster In Mast Furling Dinghy, Outboard and Davits . Often, other sailors consider Island Packet owners a cult. Maybe it's because Island Packet owners appreciate the combination of old world craftmenship with robust construction. Maybe it's because Island Packets are both comfortable at sea or dockside, yet fast and easy to handle. Maybe it's the stuning good looks or incredible resale value. Maybe it's because thousands of owners have sailed millions of miles and love to brag about their boats. Whatever the reason, you will find Island Packet owners keep their boat years longer than owners of other boats. When the time comes for an Island Packet owner to move up, usually the only boat they will consider is another Island Packet. The 420 was awarded "Boat Of The Year" honors and represents the best of everything that has earned Island Packet its position as America’s Cruising Yacht Leader. Here is your opportunity to buy an exceptionally well equipped boat from a motivated seller. You've worked hard, sacrificed, took care of your responsibilities and you made a little money. Now it is your turn, so what are you waiting for? Be certain to find the link for additional high definition pictures. Then call me to discuss this boat in more detail or to schedule a personal inspection.
- Manufacturer Description
- The Island Packet 420 defines Island Packet designs in every aspect, while also representing a significant evolution from earlier models in this size range. With ongoing advances in construction technology, equipment selection, manufacturing processes, and quality control measures, the 420 is one of the most desirable and best built yachts Island Packet has ever offered. The 420 hull incorporates a host of design elements that improve a concept that emphasizes sea keeping, safety, stability, and speed. The bow and stern configurations combine to increase boat speed through a longer sailing waterline and reduced resistance in waves, while refinements to the keel and rudder foil sections benefit upwind performance, reduce drag, and enhance steering. The hull continues to be molded as a one-piece (integral hull and keel) solid tri-axial fiberglass structure, utilizing Island Packet's pressure-fed resin impregnation system, PolyClad 2 gel below the waterline, and DuraShield gel on the topsides. The 420 deck design offers all the key features long appreciated by Island Packet owners: recessed foredeck with bulwarks, anchor platform with two rollers (the exclusive SeaSafe patented design), full-length stainless steel cabin top handrails, beautifully molded detail for hardware, an improved dodger - windshield mount, and Dorade vents with stainless steel cowls and welded guards. The cockpit offers long, contoured seats with big lockers under push-button latch seat hatches with gas support struts, an insulated beverage box, hand-held shower, separate helm seat with backrest and premium rack and pinion pedestal mounted steering (with provision for auto pilot), molded stern rail seats, and a central gate leading to a stern platform. As always, sail control lines are led aft making sail trim or changes convenient from the cockpit. Bins located at the forward end of both coamings have hinged tops and provide handy and neat storage for these lines. With the available option of a roller furling mainsail, sailing has become easier and more enjoyable than ever. It's a real pleasure to be able to quickly set, trim, or stow the sails without leaving the cockpit. While on the subject of the rig, the Island Packet 420 has been created with a somewhat taller configuration to take advantage of her extra sail carrying ability and to enhance both light air and upwind performance. The contributions to performance and sail control from the Hoyt staysail boom would be hard to overstate. This simple device has "turbo-charged" the staysail's contribution to overall performance and makes the cutter rig better than ever. T he 420 should have excellent qualities for cruising under all points of sail in a wide variety of conditions with a very manageable and versatile rig. Perhaps the most exciting aspect of the Island Packet 420 is the interior arrangement. The beam of over 14 feet and a lot of usable hull length, have enabled Island Packet to create very spacious accommodations with all the amenities that owners are looking for, along with lots of storage space and large tank capacities to meet the demands of extended cruising. The owner's quarters are located forward and include a private head compartment with stall shower. The stateroom introduces an arrangement with a large double berth offset to starboard and angled away from the hull side to allow access from either side. The berth top is hinged and supported with gas struts and may be raised to access a generous storage bin underneath for blankets and the like. Additional drawers, bureaus, shelves, and a cedar lined hanging locker provide ample room for personal items. A dressing seat adds further convenience, and two deck hatches, a Dorade vent, and several opening ports will keep this area bright and breezy, as are all other areas throughout the interior. The adjoining head has a sink vanity with cabinet space over and under, "captain's-chair" seating for the toilet, and built-in medicine chest and linen drawers. The shower includes a molded seat and folding textured acrylic door that stows flat against the bulkhead when not in use. Space (and access) has been provided for owner - dealer installation of a bow thruster under the shower seat area. The big forepeak is reached through a tall bulkhead door in the shower area. This area is unique in that it features Island Packet's usual divided chain locker forward (prepared for windlass installation and chain control), plus a separate area immediately aft that will be handy for storage of items like fenders, extra anchors, and rodes, etc. when underway. The aft guest stateroom has a wide double berth, ample storage in a hanging locker and bureau, and private entrance to the aft head compartment. The aft head may also be accessed from the salon area, and includes a shower with curtained enclosure and folding seat over the toilet. The sink vanity has cabinet storage over and under and, as with the forward head, is finished in light colored Formica laminates with varnished teak trim for an attractive, bright, and practical finish. Shower drains in both heads have an electric drain pump discharging overboard, with sole drains configured to work at rest or under sail. The main salon is notable for its overall spaciousness. Once again, the popular arrangement of full-length, facing settees is incorporated, with the starboard L-shaped settee able to convert into a double berth with a pull-out extension. Island Packet's trademark folding dining table hinges from the bulkhead storage rack to provide for either a large serving - dining area or, when retracted, a completely open salon. Large storage areas are available under and behind both port and starboard settees, in cabinets outboard, and above the settees, and in a cedar lined hanging locker. Large capacity tanks for water, fuel, and waste are located under the sole, keeping these considerable weights low and close to the center of the yacht to maximize stability, minimize trim changes, and increase useful storage elsewhere. The full-size navigation table with swing-out seat - adjacent to the main salon - should please the most ardent navigator, and includes recessed master electrical distribution panels, with numerous spare breakers and ample panel space for dealer - owner installed electronics. A storage tray is provided under the hinged tabletop, with a locker under and outboard of the table, and a chart drawer under the settee immediately forward of the nav area. T he Island Packet 420 galley combines the best features of all previous Island Packet models and is notable for its generous counter space, storage room, and numerous convenience features. The recently developed ice box installation - with hinged and double gasketed push-button latch lid, and super-insulated box - is factory prepared for dealer - owner installation of refrigeration. There's plenty of room for block ice if preferred, or capacity for extra refrigerated storage on longer voyages. This installation was developed jointly with a professional refrigeration manufacturer, and tested by an independent lab during its development. It has resulted in the best insulating qualities of any marine ice box the lab has tested (and they've done quite a few). Seaward's recently introduced sealed-top LPG range is standard, along with a microwave oven (A-C operation only). Several deep storage drawers, a pull-out trash receptacle, dish rack with cutlery drawers, pot and pan bin, dry storage lockers, and counter top cabinets should make one feel right at home. All sole surfaces in the galley, companionway, and navigation areas are molded in a slip-resistant diamond pattern for improved safety and ease of maintenance in these frequently used areas. A teak grate in the sole covers a lift-out dust tray, as well as access to the fuel and water tank fittings and the lighted bilge sump.
- Starting forward and working aft: There is access to the anchor locker through a large door in the forward separate shower stall. This area provides easy access to windlass motor, chain, etc., and there is storage for docklines, fenders, etc. The large forward head has a folding shower door for the stall which includes a seat. There is a sink vanity with storage above and below, overhead hatch, opening ports, medicine chest, several lockers and 2 large drawers. The forward stateroom features a large island berth with a custom Handcraft innerspring mattress with pillow top cover. Included are custom linens and comforter. The mattress is hinged allowing easy access to a huge storage area below. To port is a large cedar lined hanging locker and cabinets. The main salon features a double leaf bulkhead mounted table with storage racks behind. The port and starboard settees have lots of storage outboard and are in Ultra Leather as is the swing away navigation table seat. T he navigation area is aft to starboard with lots of electronics and the main breaker panels are outboard and behind the hinged Samsung TV/computer monitor. Aft to starboard is the large U shaped galley and to port is the aft head with a private entrance to the aft cabin with a queen sized athwart ship berth, hanging locker and bureau with drawers.
- The large U shaped galley has lots of countertop area and storage with a non skid sole. The large 12 V refrigerator/freezer has an electric sump drain. Twin deep stainless sinks Seagull drinking water system Spectra 200C watermaker 6-8 gal/hr Microwave Granite flush mounted cutting board Three burner propane stove/oven with a broiler and removable counter cover Adler Barbour 12V dual holding plate refrigerator and freezer, light, electric drain Hot/cold pressure water Spray nozzel Deep dry storage area Several storage cabinets Dish/cutlery drawers Pull out trash compartment
- All Raytheon nav electronics upgraded to HSB2 and Gyro plus 2 anti-yaw unit as well as a color chartplotter added in 2003 Raytheon ST6000 Autopilot Standard Intrepid VHF w/remote mic Raytheon ST 60 depth sounder Raytheon ST 60 knot/log Raytheon ST 60 Windspeed/direction Raytheon ST 60 Multifuntion below Raytheon RL 70 2kw radar dual station Raytheon radar scanner on stern pole Raytheon Differential 114 GPS Raytheon RC 530 plotter Furuno GPS 30 below wired to interface w/ laptop navigation Compass Icom 710RT Single Side Band and automatic tuner w/insulated backstay Globalstar Satellite Telephone Samsung 15" TV/computer monitor 2003 Alpine stereo w/3 CD changer and cabin and cockpit speakers 2002
- 110V shore power w 4 cables & adapter Freedom 2500 inverter/battery charger Freedom 1000 Link battery monitor Balmar 100 high output alternator 5 Hella cabin fans 2003 Solid brass interior cabin lights Marine Air Conditioning 33,000 BTU w/ 3 digital controls 8 kw Panda generator /separate filter 5 Group 27 & one 4D AGM batteries Emergency parallel switch Separate engine start battery Follow Me TV satellite system mounted custom Kato stern pole 2004 Additional TV antenna at masthead OGM tri color masthead anchor lights Interior fluorescent red/white lights
- Hull and Deck
- The electric primary winches are also useful for furling headsails, hoisting a person aloft, or pulling the stern of the vessel closer to a dock. New Bottom Paint Spring 2014 Teak Rub Rails to protect the hull Bow thruster SidePower 6 HP Anderson 52 varible speed electric primary winches 2004 Stern mounted & portable swim ladders Two aluminum propane tanks Winslow 6 person liferaft IP teak compainionway doors & screens Elkhide steering wheel cover Custom hinged teak hatch screens Stainless dorades and guards Whitlock steering system Foredeck salt and freshwater washdown Custom teak cockpit table w/leaves and extension. Inlaid IP logo Custom teak cockpit drink holders Custom closed cell cockpit cushions w/ Textaline covers and green piping Stern rail seat cushions & backrest Caribe 10.3 inflatable RIB dingy 2004 Yamaha 15 HP motor w stern hoist 2004 Stern rail motor mount Kato dingy davits w/stabilizer bar Lighthouse 1501 dual chain drive stainless windlass w/horizontal capstan & custon deck chain slides Windlass remote control 2004 Bruce 44lb anchor w/50ft chain +150 ft 5/8" nylon rode CQR 60lb anchor w/200 ft chain Fortress #37 21 lb anchor w/20 ft chain & 150 ft
- Yanmar 4JH3TBE 75 HP with 1843 hrs Panda 8kw generator 1326 hrs. Max Prop 3 bladed varible pitch feathering propeller Oil change pump for engine & genset Custom engine dual filter system 2004 Vac U Flush toilets in both heads Macerator pump Specta 200C watermaker 6-8 gal/hour Manual fire control system One automatic & 1 manual bilge pumps
- Peek-a-Boo shades on all ports 2003 Ultra leather upholstry neutral green Ditch Bag w/EPIRB & survival gear Safety gear w/PFD's,harnesses,strobes 8 Docklines, 6 fenders,(1 5ft fender) Linens, sheets, blankets, pillow shams, bed pad & comforter. Dishware, glasses, cups Many spare parts, misc. items All manuals, charts, many cruising guides and books
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Listing Broker JOE ZAMMATARO, CPYB Certified Professional Yacht Broker More High Definition Pictures Available Contact me for more Pictures and Info Call Me: (727) 527-2800 Email Me: Joe@JoeZam.com Visit My Website for : www.Joezam.com For over 30 years, I have helped clients realize their boating dreams and many have become life long friends. I'd like the opportunity to earn that relationship with you. With extensive experience as a sailor, boat builder, yacht broker, businessman and a proven negotiator, I will provide you with sound advice and representation. You will find my practical experience and broad product knowledge insightful in comparing and evaluating yachts you are considering. If your goal is to sell your boat, my sales and marketing experience will help you to sell your boat quickly, for the most dollars possible and have the process be hassle free. As one of a only 125 of the 3700 licensed brokers in Florida to qualify as a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB), you will be assured of honest and accurate representation and that your interests are always protected. Do you have a nice boat over 35' and over $100,000 that you'd like to sell? We have discounted slips available at our Denison Yacht Brokerage Display Center to give your boat maximum exposure. Put the power of Denison Yacht Sales' leading edge marketing campaign and me to work for you.