This may be the only Eastbay 38 HX in existence with a solid entry door like the ones in the larger Eastbay SX models. The owner acquired the same door used in those models, and had a local yard fabricate the framework to install it. Together with the strata-glass enclosures and the reverse-cycle air conditioning, this helm deck is comfortable in all weather. Also of special note - the layout below features a separate stall shower in the head, which few other EB38's have.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The spacious teak soled cockpit features a transom door to the swim platform, hot and cold fresh water shower, an aft facing settee with storage under, and two teak folding chairs. The entire cockpit is shaded via the tan Sunbrella canopy attached to the hardtop and supported by stainless steel railings. The wide non-skid side decks, high stainless railings, and stainless hand-holds above the windows, provide safe passage to the foredeck. The helm deck salon features a leatherette covered "L" shaped settee to port, the extra-wide Stidd helm seat to starboard, and chart storage console to port. Entering the lower deck, the well-appointed galley is to port, with the "U" shaped dinette settee and hi-lo teak table opposite to starboard. The table can be lowered flush with the settee to make a double berth. Further forward, the head with stall shower is portside with a cedar lined hanging locker opposite. The private stateroom forward features a "V" shaped double berth with filler seat between and numerous storage lockers.
- Helm Deck
- "L" shaped settee upholstered in caramel leatherette Designer coordinated pillows Extra wide Stidd helm seat upholstered in caramel leatherette Reverse-cycle A/C with enlarged outlet Opening front windshield Slide-opening side windows Strata-glass full enclosures Tan mesh window screens Eastbay SX style entry door Teak non-skid floors Oriental design throw rug Two opening overhead hatches Two stereo speakers Glass top chart locker with storage under Engine room access hatch
- "L" shaped galley with solid surface counter tops Stainless steel sink with hot & cold pressure water Separate filtered water faucet Princess 3 burner electric cook top Sharp Carousel convection microwave oven Dometic top loading holding plate freezer Norcold front loading refrigerator / freezer with teak door Cuisenart coffee maker with stainless carafe Exhaust vent fan Opening portlight Teak & Holly floors
- "L" shaped settee upholstered in tufted gold satin fabric Designer accent pillows Teak hi-low dinette table Adjustable accent lighting Digital air conditioning controls Visio 30" flat panel TV TracVision DirecTV satellite receiver Sony CD/DVD player JVC AM/FM/CD Bluetooth stereo Two stereo speakers Overhead opening hatch Two opening portlights Teak & Holly floors
- Master Stateroom
- Twin "V" berths with seat between Drawers and storage under beds Six side storage lockers Chest of drawers Reading lighting Air conditioning Overhead opening hatch Two side portlights Designer bedding and pillows Cedar-lined hanging locker
- Head & Shower
- Sealand vacu-flush toilet Holding tank with macerator pump Molded sink / countertop Grohe faucet Exhaust vent fan Opening portlight Separate shower stall with seat Grohe shower head & control Soap & shampoo dispenser Overhead opening hatch
- Electronics & Navigation
- Furuno Navnet GPS/Plotter/Sounder/Radar Simrad AP16 Autopilot Furuno RD30 digital sounder Garmin GPSmap 546 GPS Icom M502 VHF Radio with remote mike Nobletec navigation system on WinXP laptop Ritchie power damp magnetic compass All navigation electronics are interfaced
- 50 Amp shore power with Glendinning cablemaster winder Westerbeke 7.6 Kw with 1,813 hours Westerbeke sound box Racor filtration Master AC/DC electrical distribution breaker panel Four 12 Volt gel cell batteries Promatic 50-3 fully-automatic battery charger Promatic galvanic isolator
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Twin Caterpillar 3126B T/A FWC diesel engines Twin Disc 506 1A reverse gears 2.0:1 reduction Twin Disc single lever engine controls Rated 420 HP @ 2800 rpm 25x30x4 bronze propellers 2" Aquamet 22 prop shafts Duramax no drip shaft seals Reverso oil change system Racor filtration VDO helm clocks read 1251 hrs. port, 1209 starboard* *Engines have been routinely serviced by local Caterpillar dealer, including full 1000 hour service. Marine Engine Health Inspection Report has been performed on Aug. 8, 2013 by same dealer, including oil analysis, and their ECM showed 1276 and 1279 hours respectively. The ECM's don't lie, therefore the VDO helm clocks appear to be going wonky
- Additional Equipment & Features
- Two air conditioning systems with digital controls Satellite TV antenna Satellite TV feed to Furuno helm display Icom loud hailer Maxwell RC800 electric anchor windlass with remote Stainless CQR plow anchor Fresh water and raw water washdown in cockpit Windshield wipers Computank fuel and water tank monitor Ocean LED underwater transom lights Teak folding cockpit chairs Canvas covers for helm, helm seat, etc. Cockpit rod holders USCG safety equipment Docklines and fenders Teak swim platform with stainless boarding ladder
- Broker's Comments
- From her freshly varnished toe rails, to her luxurious soft fabrics, to her well documented maintenance, this is one special Eastbay 38 that deserves close inspection by any serious buyer.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.