'Grouse II' is a beautiful sloop rigged Gulfstar 50 that sails fast unlike the ketch rigged boats . One of the best ever offered with all the right updates and improvements makes this boat turn key in all respects . Repowered with a Cummins 65hp , complete hull & deck paint with signature paint finish , 7hp Vetus bowthruster, new rigging, new roller furling, custom dingy davit, all new canvas & eisenglass, replaced balsa with solid glass . Note : This 1979 model features a real lead keel unlike the earlier models built for the charter industry that featured cement keels .
--Owner moving up to a much larger Trawler and will entertain reasonable offers--
- MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL
- - Cummins B3 65hp main engine w/ velvet-drive transmission 2.91-1 reduction gear- (new 2012)- -Onan MDKD8 8KW Generator- ( complete overhaul re-built 2010)- 1,780 total hours- Vetus 7hp Bowthruster w/ upgraded 5 blade prop 6 Gallon Hot water heater (2) Marine Reverse Cycle Air/Heat- 16,000 BTU & 13,000BTU w/ digital SMX key pads Chesapeake Dickinson Diesel Heater 10 amp charger for 27 group size generator battery 40 amp charger for two 8D batteries ( one house, one main engine) each has main switch and crossover switch Fire suppression system Scentry 415 fume detector Whale 'Gulper' 220 automatic/ manual bilge pump Whale manual emergency bilge pump (2) Racor 500 fuel filters ( one main engine, one generator w/ crossover ) include vacuum gauges (1) Racor 500 fuel filter for transfer pump between fuel tanks (1) 100 gallon fuel tank / (1) 60 gallon reserve fuel tank (1) 210 gallon water tank- ( There is several stages of water purification. First, it passes through a 'whole house' charcoal filter after which water is again filtered for the ice maker. At galley sink there is a separate spigot fed by additional two stage filter under the sink. Water is additionally filtered prior to entering tank with an in-line filter to be used on the dock hose.) U-Line 25lb per day ice maker produces purified ice for the best cocktail ! 12 Volt high efficiency lighting throughout 7500 watt isolation transformer allows connection to every domestic or international power source 50 amp shore power 30 amp output connector (limited to 20 amps) to feed generator power to rafted friends- a huge hit at raftups! Bonding system 2hp compressor (2012) Wired for Electrasan holding tank system. Double Entry Engineroom Access
- DECK EQUIPMENT
- 11' Avon RIB Dingy w/ 9.8hp Nissan outboard Stainless Simpson davits w/ internal windlass on each and extendable arms Teak motor mount for dingy motor 5-step swim ladder Large Lazerette aft for storage Propane locker aft w/ (2) tanks Fishing rod holder Teak cockpit table w/ 4 drink holders Custom stainless arch w/ courtesy lighting Spreader lights New Sunbrella Bimini top designed to extend further forward of the dodger (9/2013) Dodger w/ new replacement eisenglass (9/2013 ) Sunbrella handrail covers, hatch covers, new cockpit cushions with drain dry foam ( 2012) (3) Sunbrella windscoops for hatches - (Fwd, Aft, Stb side ) Hull sides painted with Signature coating systems Hatteras White (2010) Topsides deck & house painted with Signature coating systems Hatteras White (2008) Bomar Hatches Salon windows were removed rebedded and enlarged to allow greater light in the cabin . Settings were redesigned with sandwich construction to eliminate future leaks. All portlights removed & rebedded (2010) All standing rigging rebedded & re-inforced with back bolts Chainplates replaced (2007) Custom designed Bow Pulpit with stronger stainless supports Balsa coring replaced with solid fiberglass (2013) 45lb CQR anchor w/ 150 feet 3/8" chain 45lb Danforth anchor w/ 25' chain & 250' 5/8" nylon rode Upgraded Ideal Windlass with 2500lb pull
- Garmin GPS65 Raytheon RK3000 WAS/GPS Furuno 36-mile radar Link (Datamarine) 5000 sailing instruments Standard CMP847B VHF Autohelm ST7000 Autopilot w/ direct hydraulic drive to rudder (2 station) ICOM IC-M710 SSB ICOM IC-745 SSB Gateway laptop w/ Navigation program & all east coast charts interfaced to GPS & Autohelm (3) Jensen CD5050 CD/AM/FM- Salon, Master, Forward Cabin 22" LED TV w/ Direct TV Dish Danforth Compass Eprirb 406 Quartz Clock/ Barometer at Nav Station 7hp Vetus Bowthruster w/ upgraded 5 blade prop
- Seaward 3-Burner LPG stove over brolier w/ remote gas shut off Hamilton Beach toaster oven GE turntable microwave built-in (2) Crosby 120V cold plate system w/ refrigerator & freezer ( freezer hold to -5F) Double SS Sink w/ Groan faucet Custom built spice rack Built-in dish rack/ holder w/ full service setting for 8 Full assortment of pots/pans, utensils & more.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Man Overboard Module - ACR SM-2 ( new 9/2013) Lifesling ( new 9/2013 ) Lifelines replaced (2012) AVON 6 man life raft w/ custom deck mount Horseshoe Life Ring Fire suppression Co2 system Emergency Tiller (3) approved hand held fire extinguishers Up to date flare signal set
- SAIL INVENTORY
- 150% Genoa w/ Schaefer roller furling ( unit new in 2005 ) Hood in-mast electric roller furling Gennaker Sail Spare Mainsail Anchor sail to minimize 'dancing' on a mooring or at anchor All standing rigging rebedded & reinforced & back bolted
- Main Cabin -Teak & Holly sole throughout -Dinette can seat up to 10 people w/ teak drop leaf table -Stb side settee/ berth raises to create a bunk w/ storage below -Separate access to forward head -Custom enlarged side windows allow for plenty of natural light Aft Master Cabin -Berth configuration can either be queen transverse or two twin in 'V' configuration -New Mattress (2011) -Full head w/ seaparate shower stall -Courtesy lighting -(8) storage drawers, (1) large hanging locker -Built-in fans -Large overhead hatch -(3) opening portlights , (2) fixed portlights Forward Cabin -'V' Berth w/ filler -Separate door to forward ensuite head & shower -Access to Vetus 7hp bowthruster motor and control module -Access to windlass motor and control module -Access to group 30 12V battery w/ 10amp charger for windlass and bow thruster -3 Shelf linen closet -Large overhead hatch -(4) storage drawers, (1) large hanging locker -Built-in fans -(2) opening portlights -
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.