- 35 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4-107 diesel 4-cylinder
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
NORTH WIND is a Pilot 35 sloop built for offshore cruising, rigged for short-handed sailing and has pedestal steering. She has a 1971 Westerbeke engine along with many amenities that offer comfortable short or long passages including additional main salon opening hatch (rare) and a HRH tile fireplace. She is a beauty!
- A Pilot 35 sloop, NORTH WIND can sleep 6 in two cabins, each with an overhead opening hatch and curtains. Her interior is finished in mahogany and she has a HRH wood-burning fireplace and a private head with holding tank. She comes well equipped. This boat has been Yard maintained and stored inside since 2003 @ Hinckley Service, Southwest Harbor, ME or Boothbay Region Boatyard, Southport, ME.
- HULL and DECK
- White Awlgrip topsides White gelcoat deck with tan nonskid molded in. Green Awlgrip single boottop Gold cove stripe Red bottom paint – soda blasted and epoxy barrier coated (2010) Cetoled teak exterior trim Brightwork maintained annually Construction: Hand laid fiberglass hull and deck Deck is set in a 6" flange in the hull, fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. 4200 lbs. lead external keel fastened with 3/4" Everdur bolts. Deck Features: Hinckley stainless steel stemhead with bow roller and integral chocks. Cetol teak: Toe rails, deck trim, handrails, hatch boxes, cockpit inboard coaming and trim Stainless steel bow pulpit Stainless steel stanchions and single lifelines with gates. Two dorades on deck with stainless steel cowl vents. (2) Opening hatches with white translucent covers and screens Ports and windows (two opening with screens) Stainless steel genoa tracks on coamings
- Cockpit Dodger, with elkhide covered grab rail (2007) Full Bimini, with window & cover (2007) Zippered removable connector between Dodger and Bimini (2007) Hood Awning, with three Forespar extension poles Custom made Cockpit Table – Moveable with Cupholder Full All-weather Cockpit Cushions (new foam 1995) Large sunken aft cockpit with a bridge deck: Teak-covered interior coamings included built-in winch pockets, lined with dri-deck. Two (2) spacious sail lockers - Fiberglass opening cockpit seats with rubber gaskets and drains Screened sole scuppers Pedestal wheel steering - has a binnacle/ wheel cover (Sunbrella) Forward is the teak companionway access hatch to the interior accommodations below.
- HELM & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Pedestal wheel steering Steering wheel has an elkhide covered rim. Switch panel and engine controls are located conveniently for helmsman. Custom stainless steel angled pedestal guard (2003) – for Raymarine display Compass mounted in stainless steel binnacle with cover. Primary winches - convenient to the helmsman Navigation and Electronic Equipment: Raymarine Raystar 120 GPS receiver (2003) Raymarine hsb 2 Pathfinder RL70C Plus Color LCD Display - for radar and chartplotter mounted at helm (2003) Raymarine 18” Radar dome - (2003) Raymarine ST4000+ Wheel AutoPilot (2002) Garmin GPS Map 162 Chartplotter / GPS mounted on swing out bracket in companionway Standard Horizon Quest+GX1256S VHF (DSC) with RAM remote control microphone (holder for remote mic mounted on bimini frame) (2006) Datamarine AWI/Anemometer Datamarine Depth Sounder Datamarine Corinthian II Speedometer Datamarine remote trip / distance meter located in main cabin Inclinometer Danforth Constellation 6” Compass
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- Accommodations include two cabins and a separate Head accommodation plan that is finished in mahogany, a white overhead and a solid teak and holly sole. HRH custom tile wood-burning fireplace provides a comfortable interior when needed. Cybernet marine stereo system with 2 speakers Custom Main Cabin opening hatch with screen, in addition to Forward Cabin hatch. 12v Cabin Fans (2) – V-Berth / Main Cabin Gimbaled cabin Kerosene Lamp Custom binocular storage rack at galley companionway Brass clock & barometer (Weems & Plath) WALKTHROUGH: The Main Cabin includes the Galley, Galley/Nav area and a full-width Main Salon forward. Next forward is the Head and the Master Stateroom. Curtains on main cabin and forward cabin windows Integral mahogany port & starboard handrails. Portlights replaced / rebedded (2004, 2006) Cabin sole refinished (2004) Handrails, companion way trim, Charlie Nobel rebedded (2007) MAIN CABIN Entry: Entry to the Main Cabin is from the cockpit companionway steps immediately into the handy Galley and Nav areas: GALLEY - Full-width Aft - features: Formica countertops Ports and companionway offer natural light and ventilation Seaward Princess 3-burner gimbaled propane stove with oven/broiler. Matching formica stove cover - stores behind stove - adds additional work space. Sliding door locker storage outboard. Stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water. Manual freshwater hand pump. Dry locker outboard is counter hatch-top accessed. Custom dish storage Glass rack Drawer storage Stainless steel trash receptacle under steps Switches and gauge in aft bulkhead 12-volt lighting 110V AC outlet NAV/Galley Starboard: Large ice box is accessed through countertop hatches. Countertop acts as chart table and there is chart storage above. Dish storage outboard - behind sliding vented doors. 12-volt light aft bulkhead mounted Electrical panel - Aft. Electronics - custom mounted aft. Mahogany half bulkhead separates the main salon from the galley areas. MAIN SALON: Salon can sleep four - Two in the settee/transom berths and two in the pilot berths outboard port and starboard. The slide-out transom berths can form a double berth. Transom berths – new cushions (foam and cover – 2007) Storage is under the berths Mahogany dining table - is bulkhead mounted and folds down - has port and starboard settees/transom berths to provide seating. A hanging locker is forward starboard Features: Custom tiled HRH fireplace - is forward, aft of the hanging locker. Custom opening hatch w/screen Large custom shelf to port (6) 12-volt cabin lights - (2) halogen Oscillating 12-volt fan. Weems & Plath clock and barometer Red Oriental Rug on cabin sole A solid door forward is available to separate the Forward Stateroom from the Main Cabin area. HEAD (Next forward to port): A solid door leads into the Head from main cabin. Head features include: A fiberglass pan sole for easy cleaning. Stainless steel sink with fixtures. Telephone-style shower. Hot and cold pressure water Raritan PH II manual head (2003) with y-valve to direct overboard or 10-gallon polyethylene holding tank (empty via manual pump or at pump out station) Opening port with screen Mirror Linen locker and storage locker with varnished mahogany door outboard. 110-volt outlet (2) 12-volt lights MASTER STATEROOM: Forward V-berth with seat between. Shelves over and storage dropfronts underneath the berths. Ports (one opening with screen) and an overhead opening hatch with screen. (2) 12-volt cabin lights 12-volt oscillating fan 110-volt AC outlet Access forward to the forepeak anchor locker.
- SAILS and RIGGING
- HRH fabricated aluminum Awlgripped spars with 1x19 stainless steel wire standing rigging (1999) to swaged terminal and turnbuckle tensioners. Rigged for single-handing. All control lines lead back to cockpit via mastbase lead blocks / deck organizers / rope clutches. New aluminum spreader (2003) Spreader lights Harken roller furling headstay (2012) Boom vang Harken traveler (2009) Jiffy reefing Lazy jacks (3 point) Winch handles WINCHES: (2) #22 Primary Sheet - Barient (1) #16 Jib Halyard – Barient (1) #10 Main Halyard - Barient (1) #16 self-tailing - Lewmar - reefing line / lazy jack SAILS: Main w/ 1 reef point – North Sail (2009) Jib – North Sail (2009) Gennaker (.75 oz) – North Sail Sail Cover (2007)
- 12-Volt DC System - completely rewired from batteries to distribution panel (2013) Batteries for engine start and house accessories. (2) 12-volt Group 31 AGM batteries (new 2004) charged by engine alternator and regulated by ARS Balmar voltage regulator (2005) Master cut-off switch - turns off all electrical equipment for protection of batteries. 2013: New battery cables and battery isolator (100-amp) 2013: Blue Sea DC distribution panel (backlit) - 20 position w/digital volt-amp readout for up to 3 batteries Blue Sea dual battery bank management panel (2 on-off battery switches) located in cabin. Boat wired for windlass (up to battery switch). 110V AC System Shore power (30-amp) controlled by Blue Sea AC distribution panel – 3 position breaker with voltmeter. 3 GFI outlets - galley, head, V-berth Xantrex 20-amp multistage AC battery charger
- 1971 Westerbeke 4-107 diesel 4-cylinder diesel engine. Borg Werner Velvet Drive transmission (2005) New engine mounts / shaft/ cutlass bearing (2005) Razor cutter on shaft (2008). 3-blade prop (+ spare 2-blade) prop Racor Turbine series fuel filter/water separator with T-handle vacuum gauge (rebuilt 2007). 2-Position engine start/stop system Lower rudder bearing replaced (2007) Engine is easily accessible for maintenance. New fuel return lines (2013) and all fuel lines were replaced (2007) New engine instrument panel & tachometer – 2006 – (old panel @ 1560 engine hrs) Injectors serviced (2010) Electric 12-volt fuel lift pump (2006) Electric bilge pump with auto switches Manual bilge pump. Stainless steel water heater with heat exchanger FreshWater System – new hoses to galley, head, shower (2013) Engine room blower. Propane System: Trident Marine LP Gas Control / Detector System (2013) Two propane tanks with OFD (2003) Hose from propane tanks to Trident control replaced (2013)
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle: Simpson-Lawrence Manual Anchor Windless CQR 35# Anchor w/20’ chain x 150’ Rode Danforth 22# Anchor Danforth 12# lunch hook Anchor Sea anchor Equipment: HRH Teak Boarding Ladder Tri-Lens Radar Reflector (2003) Horseshoe Lifering (2012) Life Sling with block and tackle hoisting system (2004) Man overboard pole (2005) Life jackets – 3 Fire Extinguishers – 4 (3 Kidde A/B/C, 1Kidde B/C) Smoke / CO detector (2013) Emergency Tiller Fenders (4) with Custom Fleece Embroidered Covers Fender Board Boat Hook (2) – extendable and floating Dock Lines (several extra) Flag Halyard Yachtsman Flag with staff Miscellaneous spare parts Bosun’s chair Sunshower (4 gal) Operator’s manuals for all equipment / systems 12v portable vacuum Guest 12v portable spotlight Custom made Sunbrella fabric covers for all brightwork Custom made mahogany screens for companionway Custom made table boards, to go between pull out transom berths Custom made hanging fabric bag for hatch boards, in starboard sail locker Custom made Full Canvas Winter Storage Cover Magma Marine Kettle Propane Grill with Connector Hose Kit / Custom Fabricated Holder
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Bob Pooler Broker: Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Broker Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ♦ Broker: Dana Davidson Cell: 401-965-1684 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Eric Champlin Office: 772-403-5387 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 561-307-3394 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378