- 58 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 3406 E's
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This 58 Pilothouse West Bay is in excellent shape! With the much preferred 3406 Cat's developing a reputation as one of the best engines ever made. This High Quality Limited Production RPMY has had only 2 owners. She has an air draft of only 14 feet so great for low bridges while transiting the great loop. This is achieved by lowering the hinged arch, a simple process accomplished by removing 2 pins.
She is in top condition reflecting both owners attention to detail and a constant maintenance program. Many updates throughout her life and a truly complete package: twin 20KW gen-sets, redundant hydraulic systems (for the stabilizers, thruster, windlass & davit) and twin Cablemaster power cord handling systems, center console dinghy just to name a few.
Her interior is roomy with plenty of storage and her large FB and Cockpit (larger than a Marlow 57E) allow comfortable enjoyment outside while underway, at anchor or dockside. Her low hour CAT 3406Es @ 800hp each burn only 9.5 GPH TOTAL and offer an extended range of 777nm at 9.5 knots yet cruise her at an honest 21+ knots if desired with a range of over 400nm.
Her Novurania tender is equally well equipped with 4 stroke Honda OB, Trim Tabs, Depth & Speed gauges, spare prop and boarding ladder.
Owner is moving larger but will look at all trades. Call today to discuss this great opportunity on a Raised Pilothouse design..
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Starting all the way aft and just forward of the molded FBG swim/dive platform is the aft deck/cockpit area. High bulwarks keep passengers safely on board in this area, and walk-around side decks lead forward to the bow from here to make line handling and docking easy. The cockpit sole is made of low maintenance fiberglass and there is a huge lazarette beneath the sole that is accessed through a large, latching hatch. A ladder leads from here up to the boat-deck aft of the flybridge. A hatch forward in the cockpit leads down and into the walk-in engine room with full standing headroom. Dual hinged glass doors open outward to highlight the spacious salon and/or to enable enjoying this outdoor area of the yacht from the inside. The salon is just forward of the cockpit/aft deck. Hand crafted Oakwood stairs lead up to the flybridge and upper helm station, just forward and up three steps from the salon level. The galley is just forward and to port of the stairs with a dinette seating 4-5 is opposite to starboard. The lower helm station and pilothouse is located forward and amidships, port and starboard side doors lead out to the side decks. Forward and down from the pilothouse, a wide comfortable staircase leads to the owner/guest accommodations. The Master Stateroom is located aft. The VIP guest stateroom is all the way forward in the bow. The second guest stateroom is just aft of the VIP on the port side. Across the companionway from this stateroom is the guest head with sink, vanity, and stall shower.
- Main Salon
- Entering the large and comfortable salon, there is a custom made sofa to port, with a matching Oakwood hi/lo coffee/dining table in front. The table has two folding leaves which when employed, enable dining for six persons. Across, to starboard are two quality made swivel occasional chairs with an oak side table in between. Just forward to starboard is an oak cabinet with Corian counter tops housing an ice maker, wine and bottle storage rack, and stereo A/V components (see list below). A color TV mounted on top rounds out the entertainment center. Additional features of the salon include wooden Leveler blinds, custom draperies, dimmer switches on most 12V/110V lighting, insect screens for the salon doors, and reading lamps. Central vacuum system throughout. Entertainment Center : Yamaha Cinemax AM/FM stereo receiver and amp Niles HD speaker selector with surround sound Sony CD player with 200-CD storage capacity Toshiba DVD player
- The galley features maple and holly wood sole, Corian counter tops, oak cabinetry, double stainless steel sinks with garbage disposal, and port & starboard opening windows with screens. Appliances include: Whirlpool full size, self-cleaning oven Whirlpool microwave oven Ceran 4-burner stove/cook top with Broan exhaust hood/fan GE full size double door refrigerator/freezer with ice and water dispenser Dishwasher Broan trash compactor Large L-shape dinette, seats 6, with cabinet built-in for tableware storage 2 folding bar stools
- Master Stateroom
- Queen bed and private head with stall shower, ensuite. A clothes washer and 220V dryer are stacked and stored inside a locker forward. Plenty of storage for clothes is provided in a cedar lined walk-in closet, cedar-lined large hanging locker, and plenty of drawer storage space. Oakwood nightstands with 110V reading lamps over are built into each side of the beds’ mirrored headboard. New 20” HD LCD flat screen TV/DVD/CD. Stereo speaker volume controls.
- VIP Guest Stateroom
- Centerline queen berth with large storage for suitcases underneath and plenty of lockers, cabinet, and drawers for clothes. Reading lamps are mounted above each side of the headboard and custom made optional mirrored oak cabinets were installed by West Bay up over and outboard of each side of the bed for additional storage. New 20” TV/DVD/CD. Stereo volume controls.
- Second Guest Stateroom
- Over/under single bunk berth with reading lamps, drawers, and a hanging locker. New 20” HD LCD flat screen TV/DVD/CD. Stereo speaker volume controls.
- Deck Equipment
- Novurania 12' 6-person RIB tender with Honda 40 hp, 4-stroke outboard motor, trim tabs, spare prop, depth sounder & speed gauge, and boarding ladder Nick Jackson hydraulic davit MarQuipt Tide-Ride boarding stairs MarQuipt side boarding ladder for cockpit and wing door boarding Muir hydraulic windlass with 300’ chain rode Bruce polished stainless steel anchor Fresh and sea water anchor wash down system on bow Swim boarding ladder Hot/cold fresh water shower in transom for swim platform Hinged radar arch
- Flybridge / Upper Helm
- 21.5' bridge clearance with the arch raised and antennas lowered. Custom built with doing the “GREAT LOOP” trip in mind, she has a “fixed structure” height of 14 feet. This is achieved by lowering the hinged arch, a simple process accomplished by removing 2 pins. Bimini top (new July 2012) with stainless steel frame, hinged radar arch, centerline helm station with pedestal seats Stainless steel sink with hot and cold water Stereo speaker volume controls “J” shape settees port and starboard with oval fixed tables and storage under Refrigerator with freezer Pilothouse electronics are repeated at the upper station
- Electrical System
- (2) Northern Lights 20kw generators in sound shields (1397 hours port and 1370 starboard) (2) Cablemaster shore power reel retrieval systems aft (port & starboard) Yacht-O-Matic 120/240VAC shore power incoming voltage regulation system Sentry 24VDC battery charger Sentry 12VDC battery charger 50-amp shore power plug-in on bow
- Engine and Mechanical
- Caterpillar twin 3406 E's, 800 hp, 1,925 hours
- The beautifully crafted sole in this area was custom built by the talented craftsmen of the Pacific NW at an optional cost of $30,000 using maple and holly wood strips. A leather Stidd helmsman chair is mounted on a stainless steel pedestal directly aft of the centerline helm and destroyer wheel. Equipment includes: ICOM M-127 VHF radio Datamarine AWS/AWD indicator gauge Anchor windlass remote control Spotlight control Tank tender fuel and water monitor Trim tab controls Engine gauges Bilge pump monitoring system Air horns Barometer & chronometer Gemini magnetic compass Stereo speaker controls Kobelt engine controls Wesmar stabilizer controls Bow thruster controls Generator controls for port and starboard gensets Furuno 64-mile radar Robertson AP300X autopilot Northstar 941X GPS plotter Northstar 961 XD plotter Elbex closed circuit camera/display monitoring system
- Kobelt engine stowaway back down control station including thruster control Fire Magic stainless steel LPG BBQ grill with large grilling hood for slow roasting Stereo speakers with volume controls Wide transom door leads from cockpit to swim/dive platform Centered, pedestal mounted oval shape fiberglass table Refrigerator Fresh water spigot Dinghy pop-up cleats on swim platform Sampson heavy duty posts with rollers for towing tender Cable TV and telephone dockside hook-ups
- Mechanical & Electrical
- Caterpillar twin 3406 E's, 800 hp, 1,925 hours Cruisair reverse cycle 4-zone air conditioning with SMX II digital controls Hydraulic package (stabilizers, thruster, davit & windlass) off PTO's on both main engines Wesmar Hydraulic Stabilizer System Props coated with Prop Speed (11/2009) Spare props, 3" stainless steel prop shafts and dripless shaft seals ZF Marine Gears 2.6:1 Dual Racor fuel filter/water separators - main engines Fresh water spigot Fireboy Halon fire extinguishing system Electric oil changing pump/system Manual back-up engine controls Closed circuit camera Craftsman 150 PSI air compressor Nu Tone central vacuum cleaning system 30-Gallons 110V hot water heater Site gauges on fuel tanks
- This High Quality RPMY has had only 2 owners. Built with doing the “GREAT LOOP” trip in mind, she has a “fixed structure” height of 14 feet. This is achieved by lowering the hinged arch, a simple process accomplished by removing 2 pins. She is in beautiful condition reflecting both owners attention to detail and constant maintenance. She has been updated throughout her life and her equipment list is one of the most complete this broker has seen on this size and class yacht including twin 20KW gen-sets, redundant hydraulic systems (for the stabilizers, thruster, windlass & davit) and twin Cablemaster power cord handling systems. Her interior is roomy with plenty of storage and her large FB and Cockpit (larger than a Marlow 57E) allow comfortable enjoyment outside while underway, at anchor or dockside. Her low hour CAT 3406Es @ 800hp each burn only 9.5 GPH TOTAL and offer an extended range of 777nm at 9.5 knots yet cruise her at an honest 21+ knots if desired with a range of over 400nm. Her Novurania tender is equally well equipped with 4 stroke Honda OB, TTabs, Depth & Speed gauges, spare prop and boarding ladder.
- Broker Comments
- West Bay has made more than 90 of the 58/64 models, proving to be one of the most successful cruising designs. The excellent performance of this modified V-hull design combined with the yachts established reputation as a safe "sea-boat" is largely responsible for the designs continued demand and short supply. The spacious salon, wide walk-around side decks and an engine room easily accessible from the cockpit with standing headroom for most people, contributes in no small way to the West Bay Sonship 58's popularity.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.