- 53 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Nicely maintained and constantly updated, “Rhumb Line” is without question the best buy in an older Viking 53 available anywhere.
Please go to full specs and read carefully read about the recent updates that have been done.
- Preliminary Listing
- This is a preliminary listing with owner supplied photos. Will update as soon as possible.
- Nicely maintained and constantly updated, “Rhumb Line” is without question the best buy in an older Viking 53 available anywhere, when you consider the value of the expenditure of $250,000 in engine overhauls and other updates since 2008! This 53 has been used exclusively for summertime cruising in New England and an occasional fun fishing day, but she never been in a tournament! “Rhumb Line” has the desirable “Plan B” three-stateroom, two head layout! The master stateroom is located mid-ship to Starboard and features a walk-around Queen bed and en-suite head; the VIP guest stateroom is forward with a walk-around Queen bed and en-suite head (with shared access by the Twin guest stateroom); and the other guest stateroom is mid-ship to Port and has upper and lower Twin bunks. The large Salon, Galley and Dinette are all up on the same level. There is a spacious 150 square foot cockpit, with engine room access, cockpit door and swim platform, and a rarely used Scopinich fighting chair. There is a very large and comfortable flybridge with Scopinich helm and companion chairs and bench seating for six. There is a 20KW generator with 3000 hours that works perfectly and a Davit on the bow! Again, this is a turn-key boat! The present owner (third owner since new) is now interested in moving up to a larger Viking, making this impeccably maintained boat available to the buyer who wants a turn-key ready Viking 53 with fresh engines, electronics, interior, and much more. Please review the list of updates carefully and the owner will provide copies of all receipts once an acceptable purchase agreement has been submitted.“Rhumb Line” has 350 hours on the Port engine and 445 hours on the Starboard engine since complete and comprehensive engine rebuilds. The 840hp MANs cruise at 25–26 knots (29 knots top). The owner spends the majority of his running time at 19 knots @ 1850 RPM, burning 43 GPH total!
- Note: This list reflects the bigger projects, Viking Yachts receipts will show countless smaller projects and maintenance performed while in winter storage at the Viking Yachts facility! 2008/2009 Out of boat rebuild of Starboard engine - over 100k by MAN certified dealer New fresh water Vacuflush heads - both master and guest heads 2010 New carpet and Amtico in galley and salon entry New stainless fridge / freezer Three new reverse cycle A/C units and all new duct work New fuel lines and fuel tanks cleaned Salon windows removed - new bedding reinstalled by Viking New fuel transfer pump and sensor New cutlass bearings 2011 In frame rebuild of Port engine – over 70k by MAN certified dealer (with 10 new heads - not rebuilds) Two new under water LED lights New Cockpit LED lighting (red blue or white) New Bridge LED lighting (red blue or white) New Garmin 5212 touch screen plotter New Furuno color radar New searchlight with remote control Props reconditioned 2012 Cockpit deck and Bridge deck non-skid repainted at Viking New stainless dishwasher New electric panel and all switches on Bridge - new done at Viking Anchor windlass rebuilt New autopilot control head 2013 New exhaust system done by Bass River Diesel - 17K New ships batteries New ignition batteries New VHF and antenna New shower sumps in master and guest head
- Tender Owner's personal belongings, tools, and any items or equipment not contained in this listing.
- Default Disclaimer
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.