- 87 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 10V 2000
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
“CLARITY” is a truly unique vessel in a variety of ways. Her massive 23’ beam gives her the ability to offer convenient, safe, walk around decks, while maintaining a huge salon, on deck master layout and overall interior volume unmatched by any yacht under 120 feet.
While under previous ownership, “CLARITY” has been all over the world. She traveled extensively throughout the Mediterranean, transited the Panama Canal and went back and forth to Alaska on her own bottom.
“CLARITY” is the finest 87' Johnson anywhere in the world. Since her purchase in the fall of 2009 she has undergone continuous beautification. The list of customizations and vessel improvements is endless. She is beloved by her owner and meticulously maintained by a full time crew of four. After current owner's purchase "Clarity" underwent an extensive refit which left no component or shipboard system untouched. The refit, which cost approximately 800K, was overseen by her full time crew and completed late spring/early summer of 2010. The final phase of this refit was a comprehensive yacht charter certification process conducted by Marshall Islands officials. Below please find a brief rundown of some of her seasonal big projects, upgrades and customizations. Greater detail is provided in the body of the listing.
Her 2011 yard period was completed, all maintenance items were addressed. Also as part of this yard period she was outfitted with brand new teak decks (100K) .
Her 2012 upgrades consisted of an BRAND NEW PAINT JOB for the entire boat. The crew quarters were redone and a dive compressor was added for owner and guest adventures.
“CLARITY” is a first class charter ready vessel with the space and layout of a 120’. She is offered for sale in turn key conditon.
- 2014/2015 UPGRADES and MAINTENANCE
- Full survey conducted 11/14 IMMACULATE engine survey done 11/14 complete with oil samples, and even an internal BORE SCOPE ! W 4 5000 hour engine preventative maintenance services complete, per survey (1/15) All air handlers in vessel removed, professionally clean, de scaled and re installed (1/15) Yearly complete underwater maintenance performed including fresh bottom paint, cutlass bearings, and shaft seals ( 1/15) Anchor and chain dropped, inspected and serviced (1/15)
- 2012 / 2013 UPGRADES AND MAITENANCE
- Clarity upgrade list for 12’-13’ Galley • New refrigerator • New cooktop • New air handler • New faucet • Full reorganization • New cookware and utensils Salon • New coffee table • New mirror • New rope lighting • New outlets and switches (vimar) • New a/v equipment • Installed printer • Apple TV • New refrigerator • New decorations • New glass doors Staterooms • New rope lighting • New switches and outlets • Custom stainless rails throughout • New overhead lighting Pilot house • New electronic displays • Installed AIS • Updated chart plotting software • Installed 2 new VHF radios • New rope lighting • New stabilizer parts (brain box, display, servos, pistons, seals) • Purchased Neat desk for all document, receipt, business card scanning • Through walkthrough and checks on electronics • Wave Wi-Fi amplifier installation Bridge • New displays in console • Networked black box radar to bridge • Complete redo of console • (2) New ram mic VHF radio • New TV mount • New curtains (EZ2CY) designed to be opened to make the bridge open air • New rear curtain over freezer • Modified bench seating for rod storage • Complete re-modification of chest freezer • Complete re-modification of bar • Custom granite counter tops of bar • Table • Table top re-done • New speakers and amp for bridge • New spa pump • New davit motor/pump • Custom stainless rail extensions with modification to make level Exterior • New paint job of complete boat • Teak sanding • Chromed horns • New running lights • Varnish work on rail • New storm lights around boat ($3k) • Flushed air boxes • New air box fire damper cables • New bow cushions • New exterior covers for all tables and cushions for entire boat • All outdoor tables re-finished • Painted ceiling over back deck • Removed and faired railing on transom • Full passerelle service • Custom stainless rails made for passerelle ($12k) • New outdoor speakers and subs and amp Crew • Complete re-model of both crew entry ways • Custom stainless rails • Custom stainless staircase • Floor in crew re-varnished with satin awl grip • New cushions for crew galley bench • Crew galley table re-finished • Remodeled washer/dryer combo • Converted stbd lazz into dive locker • Removed cable master and modified shore power system on port side lazz • New Brownies Dive compressor with remote fill panel in transom Engine Room • New regulator for cooling tower on chill water system • Upgraded water maker from 800gpd to 1800gpd (new high pressure pump, new membranes, re-located membranes for quieter operation, new filters) • New bulbs for UV water sterilizer • New air filters for engines • New water pumps on engines • Modified discharge layout of fire extinguishing system in engine room • Continuous maintenance of all engines and equipment in engine room (including all filters, zincs, sea strainers etc.) • New freezer pump • New aux hydraulic cooling pump • New bronze a/c raw water impeller • New 8D batteries for generators • Installed 2 new toolboxes over motors Other Notes • Completed full annual MCA/ MINI-ISM certification • Full Fire re-certification Nov 12’ • Life raft re-certification Sep 12’ • Regular annual a/c maintenance • New bottom Job in Nov 12’ • Props checked and balanced Aug 12’ • Prop speed props and thruster props and engine intakes, uw lights Nov 12’ • New inflatable fenders for boat Nov 12’ • New zincs • The list goes on…
- 2011 UPGRADES
- Brand new teak decks on entire vessel
- Interior 2010 upgrades
- Completely new interior...soft goods, carpets, mattresses, furniture, granite etc... New updated audio visual systems in all rooms, salon, fly bridge and aft deck Brand new over/under Bosch washer and dryer New galley compactor All new U Line ice makers and service refrigerators throughout Replaced/rebuilt entire black water system including toilets Holding tank capacity doubled from 100 to 200 gallons
- Mechanical 2010 upgrades
- W-4 service performed on both main engines Major plumbing and electrical re engineering Engines and entire engine room painted in white Awlgrip New diamond plating added to engine room Both generators had complete ZERO HOUR rebuilds All air conditioning chillers removed, serviced, painted and replaced Davit rebuilt Rebuilt steering rams Fuel polishing system added
- Miscellaneous 2010 upgrades
- Extensive Marshall Islands charter certification Eight underwater lights added, four across transom, two up each side Custom serving bar and storage cabinet built for aft deck area New rub rail All new exterior cushions and covers New night vision/security cameras added on side decks and engine room Updated plotting computer, nobletec, and weather works software Fly bridge expansion for more charter conducive arrangement Custom Jacuzzi relocated on bridge
- Vessel Walkthrough
- "Clarity" can be easily boarded port or starboard side amidships. Her 23' beam is absolutely massive for a yacht of her size. After boarding, the comfortable walk around side decks will lead you to the huge aft deck. The salon doors open to reveal a stunning main salon. High gloss cherry wood adorns this large, smartly laid out, updated salon. Three couches, one on each side and one just forward, create a very social U shaped seating area. Just forward of the salon is a partially separated formal dining table with seating for eight guests. The "service style" galley entrance is on the port side forward of the dining area. On the starboard side just forward of the dining area is a hallway. Following the hallway forward, the day head is located immediately to port. Next is a wide semi-spiral staircase leading below to the three guest staterooms. Staying on the main deck and continuing forward, stairway access to the raised pilot house is next in line to port. Finally this hallway ends at the private entrance to the on deck master stateroom. The on deck master is split level with a sunken his and her head. Backtracking, we descend the wide semi spiral staircase leading to the guest accommodations. There is an aft full beam VIP suite with a private head that is larger than most master staterooms on a yacht of similar length. The portside guest stateroom has a full sized berth and en suite head. The starboard guest stateroom has twin berth side by side, one of which has been custom made larger. An adjoining en suite head gives complete privacy to all guests aboard "CLARITY." The raised pilot house is accessed through the starboard side main deck hallway. This state of the art bridge has all the navigation and safety systems necessary for safe passage anywhere in the world. The massive fly bridge can be accessed from a wide gradual staircase on the aft deck or a sliding door coming up from the raised pilot house. The fly bridge boasts a fully functioning navigation station, full bar, dinette seating, Jacuzzi, and more!! The final two areas that must be touched on in our walkthrough are the crew quarters and engine room. Access down below to these two areas comes from the large swim platform below the aft deck or the door on the port side walk around side deck. First there are two crew staterooms, one with a large full sized berth and the other with bunk beds. Both have en suite heads for crew privacy and comfort. Before continuing forward into the engine room there is a large crew lounge and laundry facilities. On the fwd bulkhead of the crew area is the watertight door to the engine room. The engine room is large, freshly painted, updated, smartly laid out, and very serviceable.
- Aft Deck
- The teak layden aft deck features an oversized dinette for al fresco dining. A new premium audio system was added for all to enjoy. This helps to create on of the most popular places aboard to sit back and relax. At night the stern of clarity can be illuminated by (8) high power underwater lights. It is an amazing sight while relaxing on the aft deck at night. Fish and a mulitude of marine species are uncontrollably attracted. The oversized swim platform is great for fishing, diving and water sports. Some other highlights include: Seating for 8-10 people at high gloss teak table Custom serving station and storage cabinet (4) premium JL Audio speakers (2) heavy duty Maxwell 2200 capstans for heavy line handling Comfortable gradual stairway access to fly bridge Passeralle for MED style dockage and boarding Safety gates Private crew quarters access
- Beauty, size, comfort and luxury are just a few of the terms that come to mind upon entering the main salon of clarity. (2) three person sofas face each other on the port and starboard sides with a love seat forward, perpendicular in between them. This makes for a very social sitting area and wide open layout. Gorgeous high gloss cherry wood abounds with maple and burle wood inlays smartly used. The new interior is neutral in overall tone with cream, beige and tan. Splashes of color are provided from accent pillows and decor. Additional features include: Updated LG flat screen TV Updated AV components Updated LED lighting throughout Formal dinning for up to 8 High gloss cherry wood interior Fine china storage Beveled mirrored cut out in ceiling above salon coffee table and formal dinning
- Master Stateroom
- It is truly remarkable to feature an on deck master stateroom on an 87 vessel. Facing the bow you have a 270 degree view of the world. The ensuite master head is sunken forward with his and hers sinks and vanities, head hunter toilet, and a shared frosted glass shower. Other master ammenities include: Gorgeous high gloss cherry wood with maple and burle wood inlays Island king size berth w/ sculpted beveled mirrored ceiling Individual climate controls Ample storage Electric blinds Port side sit down desk Stbd side sit down vanity and make up station Huge pop up flat screen TV w/ private satellite receiver Twin semi spiral staircase down to sunken master head
- Master Head
- This gorgeous head is downstairs from the master stateroom. It is completely private and ultra luxurious. Cream colored marble floor w/ star inlay High gloss cherry wood His and hers sinks and vanities w/ marble counter tops Shared frosted glass stand up shower Head hunter toilet Beveled glass mirrors Cedar lined closet
- The service style galley is fully equipped for even the most discerning ship board chef. It is perfect for both charter and private use. The galley sole is done in black marble tiles and the countertops are granite. Equipment is as follows: GE Profile Artica side by side full size stainless steel refrigerator/freezer GE Quiet Power full size SS dishwasher Kenmore Elite SS oven 4 burner electric cook top GE Profile full size SS microwave oven Grohe faucet w/ dual SS sinks New LED lighting Ample counter space and storage Privacy door to salon Private entrance to port side deck Window for natural light and view
- The raised pilot house aboard “Clarity” is fully equipped with redundant shipboard navigation systems and all systems necessary for comfortable long range cruising. Some features include: Electric bucket style helm and companion chair Over 180 degrees of excellent visibility Raised dinette table and seating Captains’ “nap” berth for rotating night watch rest Signal flag holders Chart drawer and plotting station Fly bridge access
- VIP Stateroom
- The VIP suite aboard “Clarity” is equal to or greater than the master of most 85’ yachts. Some of the highlights include: Island king size berth Sitting couch Sit down vanity & make up station Large flat screen TV and private satellite receiver Gorgeous high gloss cherry wood En suite head Tons of storage Cedar lined closet Wine racks Wine Chiller
- VIP Head
- The VIP head is large and well appointed. Huge shower Marble floor and counter top Beveled mirrored vanity Vacu flush toilet Port hole for natural light
- Port Guest Stateroom
- The port guest room is extremely versitile and functional. She has twin side by side berths with one of them custom made to be wider. She has a private en suite head as well. Flat screen TV w/ private satellite rcvr Beautiful high gloss cherry wood Cedar lined hanging locker Ample storage Individual climate controls
- Starboard Guest Stateroom
- The starboard guest stateroom is a perfect private getaway. She has everything a guest or charter client could need: Full sized berth En suite private head Beautiful high gloss cherry wood Sit down mirrored vanity Frosted glass enclosed book shelves Cedar lined hanging locker Ample storage Individual climate controls Flat screen TV w/ private satellite rcvr
- The massive flybridge has everything an owner of charter guest could possibly desire: Dinette seating for 8-10 people around high gloss teak table Jacuzzi Full navigation station (3) helm style chairs Factory hardtop with EZ2CY enclosure Open feel but weather protected Full bar with (3) fixed stainless steel bar stools Sink, refrigerator, ice maker Liquor bottle storage Protective stainless steel grill placement area Deep freezer Hydraulic davit for tender deployment *(Note: There is no longer an inflatable tender on board CLARITY.)
- Crew Quarters
- The crew area aboard “Clarity” is large, comfortable and extremely well laid out. The current owner chose this particular 87 Johnson over a sistership with transom garage and poor crew layout. A happy, comfortable, and productive crew will lead to long term, drama free employment. This is a vital component to pleasurable yacht ownership. Highlights include: Crew dinette and lounge Satellite TV (2) refrigerators New Bosch over under washer dryer Captains stateroom w/ private head Crew stateroom with bunk beds and private head Engine room access Two private entrances (PRIVACY FOR CREW MEANS PRIVACY TO YOU!!!!)
- Engine Room/Mechanical Equipment
- T he current owner has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in 2010 in engine room enginnering, customizations, beautification and preventitive maintenace. Vital information and specifications include: - (2) MTU 1550hp 12V 2000 Series engines W 4 service completed 2010, approx 5000 hours 10/14 - (2) 35 KW Northern Lights generators, complete zero hour rebuilds 2010, approx 3800 and 4100 hours 10/14 - New exhaust blankets and maintenance by Metcalfe Marine Exhaust (2010) - Main engines completely painted in white Awlgrip (2010) - Entire engine room completely painted in white Awlgrip (2010) - Diamond plating installed throughout (2010) - Delta T variable speed air intakes - New RCI fuel polishing system (2010) - Racor fuel filters - Emergency fire suppression system - TRAC digital hydraulic stabilization system (2)6sq ft fins - Hydraulic fluid reservoir for TRAC stabilizers, bow and stern thrusters - Cruise Air chilled water air conditioning system - All chillers serviced and painted (2010) - Sea Recovery 800 GPD water maker - (2) Torrid 30 gal SS hot water heaters - Mach 5 AC FW pump - Headhunter DC FW pump - Reverse oil changing system - Hynautic power steering w/ PTO on each engine - Aquamet 17 3.5” shafts
- Electrical System
- (2) 100 AMP single phase shore power cords (2) 35 KW Northern lights generators(3800 and 4100 hours respectively 10/14)
- Electronics & Navigation Equipment
- MTU electronic engine controls and engine monitoring systems Night vision engine room and side deck security cameras Simrad AP 20 auto pilot Simrad HS 52 weather monitor Raymarine St 60 tri data Icom M602 VHF radio Navigation computer with updated Noble Tec Nav software Satellite weather works program TRAC digital stabilizers control head Furuno nav net independent radar, plotter sounder Danforth compass (2) jabsco search lights Air horn Dual windlass controls
- Fishing gear and owner's personal effects are excluded from the sale.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- CONTACT ID:MSC