- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 40 FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
NEPENTHE is a terrific Bermuda 40 – one of the best on the market and at a great price. The head area has been totally redone as well as the hull paint and varnish. A rebuilt engine is a real plus, as is her Herreshoff white interior. Instruments and sails are very good. She is an extremely clean yacht.
- NEPENTHE is a Hinckley Bermuda 40 Custom that is Yawl-rigged and has the B-40 standard 6-berth offshore layout. In 2012 she had a Hinckley interior and exterior make-over including a Vivid Red Awlgripped hull and Herreshoff-style finished interior. In 2008, her 1981 Westerbeke engine was rebuilt by Hanson Marine (now only 200 hours). NEPENTHE has the comforts of home including a Force 10 cabin heater.
- HULL and DECK
- Hull: Vivid Red Awlgrip Deck: White with complementary Beige non-skid Boottop: Single white Bottom: Green Cove and Talaria, Name & Hail: Gold Construction: The Hull is hand laid fiberglass. The deck is set in a 6” flange in the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. The 4,200 lb. external lead keel is fastened with ¾” Everdur bolts. Centerboard: Bronze centerboard is operated by a worm gear with safety override. 2012: Complete make-over by Hinckley, Oxford, MD of Hull with Vivid Red Awlgrip and gloss varnished toe and hand rails, eyebrows, hatches, cockpit, dorade boxes, propane locker and lazarette hatch. Deck Features: Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits Double lifelines w/port & starboard gates Two main hatches and companion way boards plus original screens. Two 6” Perko chrome cowl vents on dorade boxes and in bow; one 14” extended 6” Perko chrome cowl vent. ALL deck hardware re-chromed to bright finish: deck cleats, cowl vents, binnacle, Merriman winches, and deck plates. New stainless steel “Hinckley Bermuda 40” logo amidships on eyebrow, starboard & port.
- Sunbrella Dodger Cockpit Awning Cockpit cushions - 2011 White w/Red Piping Cockpit cushions - Six monogrammed ‘NEPENTHE’, Tan Sunbrella. Teak cockpit grating Features: Varnished teak cockpit coamings have inboard winch handle pockets. Opening sail locker seats – provide both sail and equipment storage. Forward varnished teak companionway entry to interior accommodations. Engine instruments are recessed in forward end of cockpit. Hubbell 30-amp shore power inlet Morse throttle/transmission control Edson pedestal steering with stainless steel destroyer-type wheel Stainless steel binnacle guard Compass - Binnacle mounted, with stainless steel cover. Mizzen mast Helm Seat
- ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- RayMarine digital ST60 Wind - Cockpit RayMarine ST60 TriData (Depth, Speed, Trip) - Cockpit RayMarine ST60 Multi for hull speed, depth, wind & GPS link (+autopilot ready) – Cockpit Raytheon 398 GPS/Loran – Nav station Icom M-55 VHF – Nav station Raytheon R-20 Radar, with dome on mizzen mast – Nav station Danforth 5” Compass - Cockpit Alpine AM/FM Stereo Cassette - with custom mahogany speakers.
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- NEPENTHE has the standard 6-berth B-40 layout that has many recent upgrades as noted below. A portable AC Air Conditioner provides cooling in the summer while a Force 10 propane heater provides extra comfort in cooler conditions. The Interior, newly painted in 2012, is Herreshoff style with white bulkheads, gloss varnish Mahogany doors, cabins, and trim, (cabin sides too). There is varnished Mahogany hull sheathing in forward and main cabins. New Sunbrella Curtains, 2012, track mounted for all windows. Teak and Holly sole. All hardware (doorknobs, pulls, hinges, sliders, etc.) have been re-chromed to bright finish (6) Interior pillows in Ralph Lauren plaid & plain fabric. VESSEL WALKTHROUGH: FORWARD CABIN V berths - with 6” foam blue berth cushions (all new covers in 2001) and a filler to create a double. Varnished Mahogany shelves over each berth and drop front and drawer storage below. Storage - Aft to starboard are two large hanging lockers and to port is a six drawer/drop front bureau. AC outlet Forepeak/anchor locker with varnished cabinet doors is accessed from the forward cabin. A door separates the forward cabin from the rest of the interior. The forward cabin is finished in a Herreshoff style with white bulkheads and gloss varnished Mahogany drawers, doors and trim. Next aft, to starboard is a second hanging locker and opposite is the Head. HEAD The Head is newly renovated in a Herreshoff-style with white bulkheads and varnished gloss Mahogany trim New light green Corian counter top with stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water, chrome Scandvik fixtures, hand held shower. 2012 KH Groco head with Y-valve to holding tank (2013) w/macerator pump. 2012 Hinckley custom fiberglass floor pan with teak grate Chrome towel bar, varnished Mahogany mirror w/Talaria logo, Laundry hamper Varnished Mahogany lockers –one with six individual ditty drawers for personal gear Opening screened port. MAIN SALON Over port and starboard pilot berths are varnished Mahogany shelves for gear storage. There are three drawers under the pilot berths and pull-out transom berths for ample storage. There are four, reversible 6” foam blue berth cushions. Force 10 propane cabin heater - mounted in main cabin on starboard bulkhead. Dining table - Center gloss varnished dining table. Forward, on the port bulkhead is a varnished Mahogany bookshelf. A Liquor locker is built into the starboard forward bulkhead. GALLEY (Aft) Gray Linen Formica countertops Stainless steel sink with single lever faucet, pressure hot & cold water - with hot water from engine Gimbaled 3-burner Shipmate stove w/oven Adler Barbour 12-volt DC cold-plate (2000) - mounted in stainless steel icebox. Discreetly mounted AC outlets on port and starboard. A Microwave behind the icebox has replaced a custom Mahogany dish & flatware storage unit. (Note: both are available.) Lift out pot/pan storage. Varnished Mahogany glass rack and three shelf cubby w/Talaria motif are mounted on port aft bulkhead. (2) AC outlets – port and starboard Starboard, chart stowage is over the icebox, which can double as a NAV STATION.
- SAILS and RIGGING
- HRH fabricated aluminum spars with 1 x 19 stainless steel wire standing rigging to swaged terminals and turnbuckle tensioners. Harken roller furling headstay system. Aluminum main boom rigged for jiffy reefing w/Lewmar #16 ST winch. 2012 - Main Halyard 2008 - balance of running rigging Stainless steel coaming mounted genoa tracks WINCHES: Barlow #27 SS ST Primary Merriman #5 Chrome Secondary Lewmar #16 ST SAILS: Main – cruise batten (Hood – 2004) Mizzen – full batten (Shore – 1993) #1 Genoa – (Breese – 2006) Flasher Storm Jib Storm Trysail Mizzen Trysail
- 12-Volt DC and 110-Volt AC electrical systems: 12-Volt DC System Separate 12 volt engine and house battery banks with own switch. Custom 12-Volt Hinckley electrical panel with individual breakers. Amp meter/volt meter for house and starting batteries. Two Motorola alternators – 105-amp for house, 55-amp for starting batteries. 110-Volt AC electrical system: Hubbell chrome 30-amp AC shore power inlet + 50 ft. shore power cord 110-Volt AC panel with individual breakers Century 9000 series C battery charger (3) AC interior outlets – fwd cabin, galley port locker and stbd next to radar
- 2008 rebuilt 1981 Westerbeke 40-hp diesel engine (200 hrs. 9/2013) Engine rebuilt in 2008 at 2418 hours by Hanson Marine, John Payne Racor fuel filter Morse single lever control Stainless steel pot muffler and exhaust system 2-blade fixed propeller Bilge Pumps: Rule electric bilge pump, Wilcox-Crittenden manual bilge pump in cockpit locker, Whale Gusher manual bilge pump in cockpit locker Allcraft stainless steel 10-gallon hot water heater Force 10 propane cabin Heater Adler Barbour 9 cu/ft cold-plate 12-volt refrigeration (2000) 30-gallon stainless steel holding tank (2013)
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Original refurbished 1967 Hinckley varnished Mahogany boarding ladder (2) Horseshoe Life rings with ‘NEPENTHE’ (new 2012, Yellow) - with SS mounting brackets (6) offshore adult life jackets Switlik MRP 10-man life raft Radar Reflector Spotlight – 12 volt handheld Stainless Steel Charcoal Grill - mounted on stern rail Running lights on bow pulpit Varnished Ash Rigging Rollers Elkhide spreader boots Bosun’s chair Custom Mahogany dish & flatware storage unit (see galley) (5) Fenders - 8” with black fleece covers AC air conditioning unit – portable, hatch-mounted Ground Tackle: Ideal Electric Windless with 15’ x 3/8” chain + 200’ x 5/8 nylon rode CQR 35# plough anchor in stainless steel bow roller Danforth 22# Anchor - mounted in chocks on cabin top Yachtsman 35# Anchor - mounted on deck Spare 150’ nylon anchor rode w/ thimble
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Dana Davidson ( non-Hinckley specialist ) Cell: 401-965-1684 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378