- 31 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Caterpillar 3126TA
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This 2002 Cabo 31 Express with a Half-Tower has been lightly used for fishing and cruising by her knowledgeable and experienced owner. Vida Nueva is exceptionally clean, updated, and turn-key ready to fish and cruise; and comes complete with a spare set of balanced props. The hull gleams from a fresh waxing, the engine room shows exceptional care, and the interior is in "like-new" showroom condition. The PowerBoat Guide sums up what you will find when you step onboard this low-hour, twin 3126 CAT Diesel-powered yacht: "The Cabo 31 Express is a premium offshore fisherman whose precise handling, exceptional performance and superb engineering set her apart from just about every other boat in her class."
Vida Nueva is fully-rigged for offshore big-game fishing, with bait live-well, large double-door fish box under the cockpit floor, outriggers, transom door, 6-rocket-launchers, 5-in-coaming Rod Holders, bait-prep station with sink, cockpit ice box, multiple tackle storage drawers and lockers, half-tower with upper helm, 2012 Garmin 740S Touchscreen Color GPS/Sounder, Furuno 48 Mile open array Radar, dual Standard Horizon VHF radios with DSC, Simrad AP-22 Autopilot, Simrad Northstar 952X GPS, ACR Global Fix Pro 406MHz EPIRB, and efficient and reliable twin 385 hp CAT 3126 Diesels with less than 450 hours that just completed all annual servicing in August 2013.
Your First Mate will appreciate the cruising amenities and beautifully appointed interior with the fit and finish that rivals many larger high-quality yachts. The air conditioned cabin features a full galley including microwave, recessed glass-top stove, Corian counter tops, 110/12V refrigerator/freezer, satin-varnished teak cabinetry, teak & holley flooring, a large convertible U-shaped dinette, a private head with shower, electric toilet, vanity and sink, plus an offset double berth with 2 large drawers below, a hanging locker, and plenty of storage. A 6 Kw Westerbeke generator with approximately 150 hours was replaced in 2008 and delivers plenty of electrical power to run all onboard systems when away from the dock.
If you are looking for a dual-purpose express cruiser, this 31 Cabo Express 2002 with half--tower and CAT Diesels is ready for a your inspection, ready for a tough Marine Survey, ready to raise trophy fish offshore, and ready to raise the amount of time your First Mate is willing to go boating with you. You won't find a nicer, cleaner example of this model Cabo anywhere, so Call today to schedule a personal inspection. You won't be disappointed!
- When you step aboard this beautifully-maintained 2002 Cabo 31 Express with Tower, you will see why it is so popular with serious fisherman, as well as their First Mates. The layout, from stem to stern shows fantastic attention to detail whether you are fishing, cruising or doing routine preventive maintenance. Every square inch of available space is used to maximize storage with drawers, cabinets, and lockers everywhere you need them. Enter the step-up, fully-enclosed Helm area of the cockpit with clear vinyl zippered panels and find large forward-facing plush vinyl double bench adjustable seats with padded backrests and storage cabinets below, plus two inward-facing jump seats with storage below. This entire area is hinged forward and lifts up with the flip of a switch to provide full access to the engine-room below. Additional engine room access is provided via a smaller hatch that is located in the center of the floor of the raised helm in between the seats. The molded fiberglass sliding Companionway hatch recesses under the helm on center-line and leads down to 4 molded hinged steps with storage below. The varnished teak & holley cabin sole smartly compliments the satin varnished teak cabinetry, featuring thick cabinet doors with an inlaid teak cross-hatch pattern providing excellent ventilation in every storage area. Solid Corian counter-tops, rich designer fabrics, plush dinette seating with a solid teak varnished dinette table, extensive recessed lighting, and a 10,000 BTU air conditioner all contribute to the feeling you are on a much larger yacht. The Galley is located to port, and the L-shaped Dinette which converts to an additional berth is to starboard. Forward is the offset double berth with two large storage drawers below. and storage cabinets on both sides with built-in fishing rod holders. To starboard, between the berth and the dinette is a single seat, convenient for dressing, a hanging locker with a shelf above and additional built in storage cabinets outboard of the shelf. Aft of the dinette are the 12V and 110V electrical panels and a TV built into the corner. Aft of the Galley is the spacious Head, complete with shower, shower sump, molded fiberglass vanity, sink, electric toilet, and plenty of storage outboard. A 6 gallon engine & 110V hot water heater provides plenty of hot water at the end of each day, whether you are "on the hook" or in your favorite marina.
- The well-equipped Galley of Vida Nueva runs along the port side at mid-ships and features: Norcold Refrigerator with Freezer. Corian Counter-tops with sea rails. Kenyon electric recessed glass-top stove with Corian cover. Panasonic Microwave. Deep Stainless Steel sink. Satin-varnished teak cabinetry with storage above and below.
- Electronics & Navigation
- This 31 Cabo Express 2002 with Half-Tower has updated electronics and features the following navigation equipment at each helm : Lower Helm: Garmin 740S Color Touchscreen GPS/Chartplotter/Sounder (2012). Furuno 48 mile Open Array Radar. Simrad Northstar 952X GPS. Simrad AP 22 Autopilot. Standard Horizon Quest VHF Radio with DSC. Ritchie Compass. Simrad Rudder Angle Indicator. ACR Global Fix Pro 406MHz EPIRB. Raymarine Tri-Data Display, Depth, Speed, Log. Upper Helm: Standard Horizon Matrix VHF Radio with DSC. Raymarine Tri-Data Display, Depth, Speed, Log. Ritchie Compass.
- Hull & Deck
- The hull design of this 31 Cabo Yachts Express with Tower 2002 is the perfect compromise between the running ability of a deep-V and fuel-efficiency of a moderate-V Hull. The Hull Chines were re-designed and re-tooled on this 2002 model, making a drier ride than previous models. Vida Nueva features include: Custom Half-Tower. Spacious two-level cockpit. Transom Door. Twin Single-Spreader Outriggers. Live Bait Well. Bait Prep Station with Sink. Fresh & Salt Water Washdowns. Two Banks of Tackle Drawers plus five cabinet lockers in cockpit. Six Rocket Launchers. Five In-Coaming Rod Holders. Rod and pole storage under Coamings. Zippered Vinyl Cockpit Enclosure. Electric Vent Window in Center of Windshield. Sunbrella Helm Cover. Adjustable Helm and Companion Double Bench Seats w. Storage Below. Twin Inboard-Facing Jump Seats with Storage Below. Clear Acrylic Chart Table Cover on Port Dashboard. Ice Box. Lewmar 12V Anchor Windlass. 22# Danforth-style Anchor with 20' Chain & 300' Nylon Rode. Big Game Size Fish Box under Cockpit Deck. Forward Cockpit BridgeDeck w. Hydraulic Lift for Engine Access. Manual lift inspection Hatch to engine-room. SS Grab Rails, Bow Pulpit, & Stanchions. Upper Helm with Bench Seat.
- Engines & Mechanical
- This 2002 Cabo 31 Express with Half Tower is powered with twin 385hp CAT 3126 Diesels with less than 450 hours. Comprehensive Annual service was completed on the main engines and the GenSet in August 2013. The engine room is accessible via a manual hatch in the corridor of the Bridge-Deck, and the electric/hydraulically lifted Bridge-Deck with hinges forward, provides excellent access to the engine-room and GenSet from the aft Cockpit. Other mechanical systems include: Spare Set of Nibril 4-Blade Props, balanced and ready-to-use. Oil X Changer System. Racor Oil/Water Separator Filters. Fire-Boy Automatic Engine-Room Fire Extinguisher System. Bennett Trim Tabs. Engine Room Sound Insulation. Fire & High Water Bilge Water Level Alarms. Electric Marine Toilet. Macerator and Dockside Holding Tank Discharge Options. Windshield Wipers. Emergency Engine-Driven Bilge Pump with Shut-off valve.
- Electrical System
- Vida Nueva is designed to be self-sufficient with electrical power while underway, at your favorite anchorage, or at your marina slip. The electrical system includes: 6 Kw Westerbeke Generator (2008) with approx. 150 hours. 10,000 BTU CruiseAire Reverse Cycle A/C w. SMX II Controller. 6 Gallon Seaward Water Heater (Engine & 110V). Five 12V Maintenance-Free Marine Batteries (2011) 12VDC & 120VAC Systems with Circuit Breakers and 30A Shorepower. 12V recessed lighting and navigation lights. Newmar Automatic 40Amp Charger.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.