- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 46 FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
OUT OF POCKET is highly recommended by this Broker. Striking Marlin Blue hull is very unique to this cherry interior, Sou'wester stoway mast sloop. She sports a carbon fiber spade rudder and is in excellent condition inside and out.
- Recent upgrades to OUT OF POCKET include: Added Espar Heater: 2012 New Jib Sail - from North Sails: 2013 New Main Sail - from North Sails: 2013 New salt water deck pump: 2013 New Raymarine 130 GPS antenna: 2013 New curtains: 2013 Rebuilt main engine starter: 2013 Serviced stuffing box: 2013 Serviced vacuum-flush head, seacocks, propeller, steering cables and windlass: 2013.
- HULL and DECK
- Oyster White house and deck with molded-in Camel Brown nonskid Marlin Blue awlgrip (2009) Gold cove stripe (2009) Double White boot top (2009) Green bottom (2009) CONSTRUCTION: The Hinckley hull is built with a high strength per weight ratio resulting in a hull that is strong and light Hand laid fiberglass hull is cored with Airex and laminated using uni-directional fiberglass High stress areas have the core deleted and reinforced with additional laminations A single unit is formed when the hull stringers cored with Airex are bonded to the hull and integrated with the mast step and engine mounts Hand laid deck is set in a 6" hull flange, then fiberglassed and thru-bolted in place Custom carbon fiber spade rudder - with carbon rudder post (2005) Fiberglass centerboard (380 lbs.) - with bronze leading edge - operated by cockpit winch operated pennant. Deck Features: Hinckley stainless steel bow stem head with integral chocks Hinckley stainless steel stern and bow pulpits Hinckley stainless steel stanchions and double lifelines (2009) with stbd & port gates Boarding ladder Spinnaker pole in mounting chocks on stbd foredeck Varnished teak toe rails and exterior trim including eyebrows and handrails Hinckley double hinged hatches with varnished teak frames and smoked Lexan covers Dorade ventilators with dorade guards, inserts and slant sided boxes All stainless steel deck hardware including spring line cleats LED nav lights at masthead Anchor and strobe light Foredeck and steaming light
- The large T-shaped Sou'wester 42 cockpit is well laid-out for shorthanded sailing but also comfortably accommodates a large crew. Varnished teak-capped cockpit coamings with stainless steel-lined coaming pockets Teak cockpit sole Varnished teak companionway hatch Engine and systems switches flush mounted in cockpit helm well with plexiglass covers Large sail locker under port cockpit seat Two custom stainless steel hanging bars in sail locker for line storage Sailing instruments mounted over the companionway Excellent helm visibility through and over dodger HELM STATION Edson steering pedestal 36" stainless steel wheel with elkhide cover Pedestal mounted engine controls Stainless steel binnacle with Ritchie compass Stainless steel binnacle guard with chartplotter and autopilot Custom teak foldaway helm step Barient #28 genoa winches are easily reached single-handed Other Features: Linen Sunbrella Supreme dodger with zippered front window, inside pockets & side windows (2009) Stainless steel elkhide covered aft grab rail Port and stbd stainless steel grab rails Hinckley varnished teak cockpit table - binnacle mounted Hinckley varnished teak mug holder - binnacle mounted Barient #32 winches are mounted forward Linen Sunbrella Supreme bimini with window (2009) Linen Sunbrella zip-in connector between dodger and bimini (2009) Varnish covers for dorades, hatches, handrails, cockpit combing & companionway hatch
- NAVIGATION ELECTRONICS
- Raymarine 6001+ autopilot Autopilot remote outlets at nav station and in cockpit over companionway) Raymarine RL80CRC plus 10" color Radar/Chartplotter at nav station with 4KW scanner Raymarine RL80CR plus 10" color repeater at helm Raymarine Raystar 120 GPS Raymarine 130 GPS antenna (2013) Standard Horizon GX 3000S VHF (2009) CPM 25 Ram+ VHF mike at helm (2009) 30 W loudhailer/horn/listen back at mast Datamarine Offshore depth sounder ICOM M710 SSB (2009) Raymarine ST-60 Multi at nav station Raymarine ST 60 Tridata at nav station Raymarine ST-60 Speed, Depth and Wind and 2 Maxi-View over companionway
- ENTERTAINMENT ELECTRONICS
- Clarion M475 AM/FM receiver with CD player and iPod connection in stbd salon locker l2-volt outlet for TV antenna in stbd salon locker Polk Audio speakers in salon
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- OUT OF POCKET features the Sou'wester 42 dinette interior plan and is finished in satin-varnished cherry wood and trim. She sleeps up to seven with head, galley, main salon, and separate nav station. White overhead with varnished cherry trim Varnished teak and holly sole with shock cord retainers for offshore sailing Louvered locker doors Cedar-lined hanging lockers All locker covers and drawers are secured for offshore sailing Lee cloths for V-berth bunks, port settee, pilot berth and quarterberth Frigast stainless steel interior lighting Curtains throughout (new 2012) Espar heater (2012) Companionway to Main Cabin Companionway steps of varnished (side rails) and unvarnished (treads) teak Varnished teak port and starboard handrails Hinckley mug rack to port GALLEY (Aft Port) The U-shaped Galley is handy to the companionway and the main salon and features a vanilla Formica covered countertop and plentiful work space. Aft Lift-top Grunert 12-volt AR-50 saltwater-cooled eutectic plate refrigerator & freezer bins Louvered sliding door locker storage aft Dome light Custom Hinckley mug rack Shelves, drawers, and a sectioned dish locker aft of companionway Outboard Shipmate 3-burner gimballed stainless steel stove with oven for baking and broiling Stove cover that stores behind (outboard) of stove Stove is located in a stainless steel enclosure Stainless steel front safety bar Foul weather safety belt for cook Louvered sliding door locker storage outboard Hinged door to storage below Opening hatch for pan storage 2 dome lights – one red and one white Forward Double sink with chrome Grohe fixtures Hot and cold pressure water with sprayer Hand pump for fresh or salt water Polypropylene cutting boards for both sinks Custom Hinckley paper towel rack Hinckley knife rack Tip-out trash bin under sinks MAIN SALON - Full-width U-shaped port side settee Storage below, outboard and above, with book shelf Settee has insert converting it to a double bunk Custom Hinckley dining table with built in wine storage Starboard settee pulls out to form a bunk Pilot berth to starboard and outboard 3 speed Caframo Bora fan forward of pilot berth Overhead opening hatch with screen & sunshade 2 opening ports and 4 fixed windows, with curtains Varnished teak handrails built in below windows for full length of salon port and starboard Custom overhead varnished teak handrail on centerline Stereo cabinet with shelf forward of pilot berth Bureau with 2 drawers and additional stowage space below Cedar-lined hanging locker NAV STATION (starboard of the companionway, facing forward) Full-size varnished cherry chart table with opening top for charts and nav utensils 3 storage drawers Cushioned nav seat opens for storage underneath Flush mounted custom electronics Electrical panel outboard White and red dome lights AC and DC outlets Fire extinquisher mounted below nav table QUARTERBERTH (Aft of the nav station) Single berth, with lee cloth Sliding louvered door lockers above and outboard Hooks for hanging foul weather gear Hinged door to storage area below Main battery switch & breakers for windlass & Stoway mainsail on inboard bulkhead HEAD (Forward of the main salon, to port) Two access doors allow entry from the salon or forward stateroom Bulkheads covered in vanilla Formica for easy cleaning Vanilla Formica countertop with custom trim Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures, including telephone-style shower Circular shower curtain track Hot and & cold pressure water Vacu-flush head with holding tank and tank monitor Mirror Storage lockers outboard Custom Hinckley stainless steel handrail/towel rack Opening port with screen FORWARD STATEROOM Two opening ports and a hatch with screen and sun shade There are two solid cherry doors for separate access from the salon and the head Double louvered door gives access to the forepeak partitioned chain/rope locker A full-length mirror is mounted on the cabin door V-berth has a filler to form a double berth Seat between the berths Storage compartment below the seat V-berths have full-length sliding louvered door lockers over and outboard Bureau with three drawers to port, locker above with shelf Cedar-lined hanging locker to stbd with shelf 2 drawers, port and starboard, under the V-berths
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Hood Stoway double-spreader aluminum mast, Awlgripped Oyster White to match cabin top Standing rigging new 2009 Harken stainless steel blocks and genoa tracks Two spinnaker halyards Harken II roller-furling double-slotted headstay Hall quick boom vang Cabin top mainsheet traveler Spinnaker pole, spinnaker sheets and topping lift Separate storm trysail track on mast Separate storm trysail halyard WINCHES: Barient #32 STC cockpit primary winches Barient #28 STC cockpit secondary winches Lewmar #44 STC winch on port cabin top for outhaul/preventer Lewmar #44 STC winch on stbd cabin top for mainsheet/centerboard pennant Lewmar #44 STC main halyard winch on mast Barient #25 STC jib halyard winch on mast SAILS(North, except working jib) Stoway mainsail (2013) Jib (2013) Stoway mainsail Storm trysail 135% Genoa 150% Genoa Working jib (Hood) Storm jib Spinnaker
- 12-Volt DC electrical system 110-amp/hr AGM starting battery (2) 225-amp/hr AGM house batteries Balmar 85-amp engine mounted alternator Blue Sea 3 position battery switch Main engine starter - rebuilt 2013 Balmar Duo-charge system Voltage meter and ammeter on electrical panel Xantrex battery monitor Spare alternator 110-Volt AC electrical system Shore power inlet with 50 ft. 30-amp dockside electrical cable Sentry 40-amp converter 110-volt outlets at nav station and aft of galley Electrical bonding system.
- ENGINE/MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
- Westerbeke W46 diesel engine with 2:1 reduction gear Aquamet 22 stainless steel shaft with spurs Max Prop 2-blade feathering propeller Racor fuel filter Tachometer, oil pressure, temperature and fuel gauges in cockpit Low oil pressure alarm Fiberglass water-lift type muffler Bilge blower Oil transfer system Sound insulated engine room Mechanical: Water tank level gauges Saltwater deck wash down system on foredeck (new pump 2013) Fresh water deck wash down system amidships on port side deck Electric bilge pump Manual bilge pumps in salon and cockpit Saltwater for engine cooling can be switched to draw from the bilge in an emergency Jabsco sump pump for gray water tank Head holding tank with electric pump and tank monitor 4 fire extinguishers 2 propane tanks in dedicated locker aft of cockpit Electric solenoid and manual shut-off valves for the propane tanks Carbon monoxide detector Smoke/Fire alarm 12-gallon hot water tank Emergency tiller steering Serviced 2013: Stuffing box, vacuum-flush head, seacocks, propeller, steering cables and windlass
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Docklines Fenders with lines Varnished teak ensign pole & socket that is flush mounted Stainless steel bracket for horseshoe life ring Lifesling 6-person Viking liferaft deck mounted in canister Lensref radar reflector Muir electric windlass with rope/chain gypsy 45# CQR anchor mounted in bow roller chock 40' chain rode and 300' of braided nylon rode Additional nylon rode in anchor locker Danforth secondary anchor in custom rack in sail locker, with nylon rode Fortress anchor and nylon rode in lazerette
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0195 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: email@example.com