- 53 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- TAMD 74
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The owners have had this 53 professionally maintained and have the documentation showing the upgrades. Continual maintenance is noted in this listing with creative touches like the change to the pilothouse. The owners found that they rarely, if ever, used the pilothouse helm. So they have removed the helm chair and created a nifty dining area. They have re-carpeted the entire boat. The galley has been re-fit with an apartment size stainless steel refrigerator/freezer.
The original under counter freezer and built in TV were removed and custom cabinetry makes the new refrigerator look like it has been there since new.
Over the galley, they had a Flat screen TV installed in the space between the galley and the pilothouse. Viewing is very convenient from the whole salon.
On the mechanical side, all the batteries (12) were replaced this past season, the engines received the 1000 hour maintenance program, the props were balanced, and rudder shaft seals were replaced. To add storage space to the boat, they removed the cramped crew's quarters from below the cockpit.
Remember that this model had the optional office built in at the factory rather than the third stateroom...so here is your escape vessel. Tell them you will be working from home and enjoy the comfort of this customized Carver motoryacht.
- Total Power: 480
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The 53 Carver has convenient boarding through the transom door and into an ample cockpit. Moving forward through sliders into the salon galley combination, there is an L-shaped settee on starboard and a pair of barrel chairs on port. The salon is appointed in padded beige fabric wall coverings and gloss finished cherry woodwork. There was new carpeting installed throughout in 2012. Continuing forward, and up a short staircase on the starboard side, is the huge pilothouse. Features such as the wrap around helm, L-shaped couch and generous windows make the pilothouse a very comfortable area. The owners have removed the helm chair (in storage for the next owners) and added a custom dining table. With the two chairs, there is dining for eight. Continuing forward and down a staircase on the starboard side you find the Guest stateroom with centerline queen in the bow. Just aft on the port side is an area that would normally be the third stateroom. In this case, the room is an office. There are opening ports and a Corian counter/desk top. Just aft of the office, is the full beam Master stateroom. On the port side is a unique vanity bordered by two glass doors that lead to the shower stall and the head. The master is paneled in cherry and is nicely appointed with color coordinated soft goods.
- Main Salon
- Entertainment Center L shaped settee Two Barrel chairs Window blinds Hi-Lo teak table Wall to wall carpet Privacy drapes
- Sub Zero Refrigerator New stainless steel apartment sized refrigerator with freezer Custom cabinetry to install new refrigerator Propane stove with oven Sharp Microwave/convection oven with grill feature Coffee Maker Two Corian sinks with fillers Icemaker 2008 Teak and holy galley floor New 37" flat screen TV with surround sound custom mounted over galley
- Master Stateroom
- Queen berth Built in TV and CD player Washer and Dryer Vanity with adjacent stall shower and separate enclosed head AC control panel Reading lamps
- Guest Stateroom
- Centerline Queen berth Flat screen TV Hanging locker Opening ports with screens Private head
- Maxwell 2200 windlass w/remote controls at helms 66 lb Bruce anchor 200’ 5/16 chain 200’ Nylon rode backup Besenzoni electric dingy davit mounted on bridge Universal stainless steel dingy cradle on bridge Radar arch removed and refinished with Awl Grip Two recessed bow deck boxes Salt and freshwater wash down located on bow and stern Spreader and cockpit lights (blue 2013) New Bimini 2010 New fabric covers for bridge 2010 New privacy covers for pilothouse windows and windscreen 2010 Integrated Fiberglass swim platform Transom door Wet Bar on bridge New underwater lights (blue) 2013 New indoor/outdoor carpeting on bridge and in cockpit 2013New upholstery on all bridge seating 2011
- Electronics and Helm
- New Garmin 7212 GPS touchscreen 2011 2 Icom VHF radios with repeaters Furuno 1860 45 mile radar Furuno 1650 Color GPS Sitex 400 GPS Repeater 20” daylight screen on bridge Simrad Autohelm All units interfaced to computer and autopilot Horizon digital depth sounder 2 4” Compasses Single Side Band Radio Kenwood Stereo on Bridge Electric remote spotlight Engine room video monitor
- 13.5 Kw Kohler generator 50 hours SMOH (4) 8D Starting batteries 2012 4 Group 27 Batteries for bow thruster 2012 3 Group 27 Batteries for davit on bridge 2012 1 Group 27 Battery for generator 2012 Heart 2500 watt inverter 2008 120 amp alternators on main engines 50 amp shore power with connections on bow and stern KVH Trac Vision Link 1000 Inverter and charge monitor New Marine-Air Circuit boards and control panels 2011 New bilge pump 2012
- Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment
- Twin Volvo TAMD 74, 480 hp diesel engines 950 Hours running time Glendenning synchronizer Glendenning throttle/shift controls Engine oil change system ZF transmissions Spectra Systems 400 GPD Watermaker (new-never used) New prop spurs 2013 Props serviced and balanced 2013 1000 Hour maintenance performed 2012 including required updates to main engines. New fuel injectors New Filters New belts New manifold zincs New dripless shaft seals 2012 New rudder seals 2012 Electrical bonding cleaned and tested 2012 Algae X Fuel polishing system 4 Reverse cycle Marine Air units…64,000 BTUs Hydraulic steering Bennett Hydraulic trim tabs Volvo Bow thruster
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.