- 52 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
"THE DUFOUR 525"
- A unique cruising concept for comfortable and secure live-aboard, long-term, blue-water cruising. All while still offering dynamic sailing performance combined with Dufour's renowned style and elegance. The Dufour 525 Grand 'large, the flagship of the Dufour line, is more modern, with straightforward lines and the strong and appealing design characteristic of Dufour Yachts.
Teak in Cockpit and on Side Decks
Asymmetrical Spinnaker on Retractable Bow Sprit
- Deck Layout
- The exterior of the Dufour 525 Grand 'Large is a study in design and elegance. From her plumb bow, to her flat uncluttered deck, sleek coach-roof, and open cockpit, form and function become one. In addition to her stunning lines A'louette features natural teak decking in the cockpit area as well as the fore and side decks which provide a nice contrast to the brightly polished gelcoat. The canvas covers and cockpit cushions are fashioned in a complimentary light beige Sunbrella fabric. Boarding the boat is easy via the transom or through the twin port and starboard lifeline gates. The drop down transom opens up to a large swim platform for ease when boarding either from the dock or from a dinghy. Heavy duty stainless steel folding ladders provide additional assistance when getting on to the platform and into the cockpit. The open tailgate also reveals access to tender storage in the built-in garage. The cockpit of the Dufour 525 Grand 'Large is well thought out from both an ergonomic and sailors perspective. The twin wheel setup affords the helmsman excellent vision forward no matter where he/she sits and regardless of point of sail. Both mainsheet and primary winches are within easy reach of the wheels. Placement of the navigational instruments are also in excellent view from both helms with the chartplotter mounted centerline at the aft end of the teak cockpit table. The combings are flat and wide ensuring excellent footing while transitioning out of the cockpit. As you move forward, you immediately notice the wide side decks are clear of clutter and easily navigable. The coachroof is also flat and free of hazards with all lines running under deck to the halyard winches. The foredeck is a minimalists dream. Aside from the deck hatches and anchor locker, it is one of the cleanest foredecks ever designed and is ideal for prepping the spinnaker or sunbathing on the hook.
- Sails and Rigging
- Sparcraft Aluminum Mast - Anodized, two spreaders, 9/10 fractional rig Sparcraft Aluminum Boom Sparcraft Solid Boom Vang Sailtec Hydraulic Backstay Dyform standing Rigging Full Battened Mainsail with lazy jack system and bag Roller furling headsail on Fracnor Furling system Retractable bow sprit Asymmetrical spinnaker (1) Harken #48 Self Tailing Halyard winch on Coachroof (1) Harken Electric #48 Self Tailing Halyard winch on Coachroof (2) Harken Electric #60 Self Tailing primary winches (2) Harken #53 Self Tailing Mainsheet Winches (1) Triple, (1) double, (1) single Spinlock Rope Clutches (One set each halyard winch)
- Self-draining cockpit, with floor in non-slip polyester. Large size cockpit benches with teak trim. Very convenient, safe cockpit coamings with winch areas in teak. Large fixed cockpit table fitted with a teak tray and stainless fiddles with hinged leaves: easy movement and lots of seating around the table. A cubby-hole behind each helm console. For keeping ropes tidy, the cockpit has a rope tub at the entrance to the companionway, as well as 2 rope stowages port and starboard for the genoa sheets. Sliding Plexiglass companionway hatch. Companionway sprayhood built in to the coach-roof and fitted with leathercovered stainless handrails. Propane locker.
- Corian countertop with wooden fiddle. Double sink with synthetic resin cover doubling as a chopping-board. Waste bin below sink. Under-sink storage and cutlery drawer. Sliding storage bins. Stowage cubby holes along side of hull. Gimbal-mounted stainless steel 3-burner stove/oven combination Bottle stowage. System for securing crockery in dedicated unit fitted with pegs. Top-loading freezer. Front Loading Refrigeration
- Raymarine E80 Multifunction display at Helm Raymarine ST60 Wind Instrument, one at each helm Raymarine ST60 Speed Instrument at Companionway Raymarine ST60 Depth Instrument at Companionway Icom VHF
- Additional Equipment
- Diesel Heater Bow Thruster Inverter Cockpit Cushions Teak Cockpit Sole and Seating Teak Side Decks Quick Windlass with Foot controls Plow style anchor with Chain and Rode Dock lines and Fenders
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Call Nereus Dastur (310)779-5877 or John Zagorski (310)947-2092 to schedule an appointment to see this spectacular yacht today