- 38 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4JHE 4 Cyclinder
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
A beautiful and well cared for IP-38 that shows her pride of ownership. The IP-38 is a proven and highly acclaimed Bob Johnson design. She is one of the safest, most livable and sea kindly yachts that there is. She features a full keel hull, is versatile, easily managed cutter rig and an unusually bright tri-cabin layout that features a spacious, livable interior with 6'4" headroom throughout, large forward and aft staterooms, each with double berths & private full heads. On deck she is a true blue water cruising cutter featuring raised bulwarks, molded diamond non-skid, teak trim, s/s rub rails, full-length cabin top handrails, a comfortable cockpit w/ice box & shower and many more details that add to the comfort and safety of cruising.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The Island Packet 38 has a very functional interior layout for cruising or as a live a board. Starting forward is the forward head with shower and access to the chain locker followed by the master stateroom with a large double side entry Pullman berth. The master stateroom utilizes virtually the full beam of the yacht to create an exceptionally open, roomy layout. A large double berth, oversized hanging locker plus bureau and amenities provide for a gracious lifestyle for extended periods aboard. There is abundant storage under the berth with hanging and drawer storage along the port side and plenty of bookcase and shelf spaces on the forward bulkhead and starboard side. There is a built in night stand along the port side of the Pullman berth. Further aft is the main salon with two opposing straight settees which will make into a berth. Bright, open and sociable best describe the inviting main salon while the settee arrangement allows for a variety of uses including entertaining, dining or third cabin for extra guests. The port side settee becomes a single berth while the starboard side becomes a double berth. The main salon table is bulkhead mounted with a built in liquor cabinet behind the table. The navigation station/desk is at the aft end of the starboard settee and includes a large desk with storage under and is quickly accessible from the cockpit which allows ready communication and navigation. The electrical panel is outboard of the navigation station and within easy reach. Aft and along the port side is the large wrap-around “U” shaped galley convenient to both cockpit and salon yet out of companionway traffic. The galley feature a 3 burner propane stove with oven, deep double stainless steel sinks, heavily insulated 14 cubic foot refrigeration system, teak dish rack with cutlery drawers, hot and cold pressure water, guard rail around stove with harness attachments and hideaway trash bin. The galley is a chef’s delight and will please even the most discriminating onboard chef. The aft head is large and centrally located by the companionway, convenient to the cockpit, salon and aft cabin. Two head doors are provided allowing private access from either aft stateroom or main salon. The head has a vanity with a stainless steel sink and ample storage. Comfortable accommodations for two are provided in the roomy aft stateroom with a double berth, dressing settee, cedar lined hanging locker, and private access to the adjoining head compartment with shower. The door into the cabin is a bi-fold door. The engine compartment is located under the companionway steps and offers excellent access. Up the companionway steps is the cockpit. The “U” shaped cockpit is large with close foam cushions and storage lazarettes. The roomy cockpit features contoured seats with deep coaming backrests, a comfortable helmsman seat, a huge locker to starboard with a storage tray to port, a cockpit ice box, and rack and pinion geared wheel steering for precise feel and utmost reliability. Cockpit shower, protected engine control panel, folding swim ladder, and stern and lifeline side gates add considerably to the safety of and pleasure of cruising. The cockpit is protected by a Sunbrella bimini, dodger and connector. The helm is elevated offering excellent visibility. The wide decks are easy to maneuver. Aft is a custom stainless steel arch with dingy davits and a mounted solar panel. The stern has a folding swim ladder, outboard engine mount and a rail mounted BBQ grill. The topside features large unobstructed deck and cabin top surfaces. Safe and secure deck work is ensured with raised bulwarks, premium course diamond nonskid, full length cabin top handrails, welded double bow and stern rails and double lifelines. The deck is trimmed with a wide teak cap rail and a stainless steel striker all around, with teak cockpit coamings and detail trim. All nonskid surfaces are molded in contrasting tan.
- Along the aft section of the starboard side the “U” shaped galley is large, well-appointed and pleases the onboard chef. Double stainless steel sinks with faucet and foot pumps Counter tops with teak fiddles Seaward-Princess gimbaled 3 burner propane stove top and oven (2) 10 pound propane tanks located in deck lazarette on starboard side Seaward propane solenoid and control Grunert top loading refrigeration with freezer compartment and extra insulation Microwave oven Magic Chef AC refrigerator under navigation station
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC power Central electrical panel with DC and AC circuit breakers 30 Amp shore power cords with splitter (4) Siemens solar panels Seaward 6 gallon hot water heater with engine heat exchanger Sanyo flat screen television in main salon Heart Interface Link 2000 controller Hella 12 volt ventilation fans Solar vent in overhead hatch for added ventilation GFI protected electrical outlets Village Marine water maker ProStar 30 Photovoltaic Controller Battery Sensor (6) Deka 8G31DTM Marine batteries Link 2000 Inverter/charger
- Danforth Global Balance compass Edson pedestal Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF with DSC at helm Uniden President LTD 715 VHF at navsta ICOM-M802 SSB at navsta Data Marine wind speed and direction indicator at helm Data Marine navigation station display for trip distance Garmin 152 GPS at navsta SCS Pacot III modem at navsta Data Marine depth indicator and knot log at helm Navico 8000 hydraulic autopilot
- Engine room access is under the companionway steps and offers excellent access. The engine has been meticulously maintained and all service records and manuals are available. Yanmar 4JHE 4-cylinder 44 hp diesel engine with 5800 hours Kanzaki KBW 20 transmission with 2.65:1 reduction gear Racor primary fuel filter and Yanmar secondary engine fuel fitter 1 ¼ inch stainless steel shaft with 3 blade bronze propeller Companionway engine temp and oil pressure gauges Stainless steel destroyer wheel 100 amp Belmar alternator for additional charging needs Adapter for winterization ease Yanmar engine panel at helm with RPMs gauge and warning indicators
- B.F. Goodrich CREWSAVER life raft mounted on cabin top, needs re-certification Teak bow sprit with stainless steel stanchions Dual stainless steel anchor rollers with chain hawse pipes Dual stainless steel foredeck cleats with bow chocks Lofrans 1200 watt 12 volt windlass Bruce 65 pound primary anchor with 200 ft chain and 140 ft rope rode CQR 35 pound secondary anchor with 75 ft chain and 95 ft rope rode CQR 15 pound extra anchor with 25 ft chain and 250 ft rope rode in cockpit locker Twin stainless steel chain lockers Stainless steel deck stanchions with double coated life lines Stainless steel ports with screens Stern stainless steel and teak folding swim ladder Teak toe rails, cabin top handrails, cockpit coaming and trim Sunbrella bimini, dodger, connector and full enclosure for cockpit Custom stainless steel radar arch with dingy davits 10 ft Caribe RIB with Tohatsu outboard motor Teak outboard motor mount on stern rail Matching close foam cockpit cushion Life-Sling Rescue System with new storage bag Magma BBQ mounted on stern rail w/ separate propane tank Folding teak table in cockpit Teak beverage holders in cockpit Port and starboard boarding gates Custom companionway doors used when AC is removed from companionway (2) Solar vents on overhead hatches
- Sails and Rigging
- Cutter rigged with self-tending staysail Fully battened mainsail with lazy jack 130% Genoa with Harken roller furling Self-tending staysail with Harken roller furling Boom gallows Single spreader cutter rig with Isomat anodized aluminum masts Keel stepped mast 1x19 s/s strand standing rigging (all new in 2004) Double backstays with insulated mainstay External main halyard Extra jib/spinnaker halyard Stak-Pak cover Lazy jacks Whisker pole mounted on port deck (2) Lewmar #43 self-tailing winches Lewmar #16 two speed winches on cabin top Lewmar #7 single speed winch on cabin top Lewmar #16 two speed winches on mast Lewmar#7 single speed winch on mast Schaefer blocks and deck hardware Mechanical boom vang Adjustable topping lift
- The hull is single piece molded hand laid solid fiberglass. The deck is single piece molded hand laid solid fiberglass with resin micro-balloon core and molded contrasting non-skid. The deck is bonded and thru-bolted to hull on internal flanges with thru bolted raised teak toe rail. Full keel with slanted forefoot and encapsulated internal ballast. The rudder is balanced and protected by the keel from damage. The propeller is also well protected.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- GET EMAIL UPDATES John Peterson is a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) in New Bern, NC. John is one of the top yacht brokers in the USA and is ready to assist you in finding your perfect boat or assisting you in the sale of your current boat. Contact John for a free market anaylsis of your current boat or to start your new boat search! Call: 800-797-5759 or 910-546-5760 Email: email@example.com