- 50 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This John Alden Design, built of Cheoy Lee Quality was launched in 1970. She has been lovingly maintained by three successive owners over the past 43 years. The Lady Pirate is a very seaworthy vessel and has cruised extensively, while making fast, comfortable passages. Her standing rigging was replaced in the late 1980's and the sails are in good to excellent shape. All of her canvas was recently replaced, in addition adding hatch covers to her complement. She has been on the hard for 6 years. The care Lady P. has been given, shows in the regular maintenance she receives. Every spring and fall her fuel is tested and the engine started. Each winter the systems have been winterized. Below you will find just how attentive her caretakers were to maintaining her original old world character and maintaining her to high standards. All of her interior was beautifully refinished shortly before she was dry docked. Notice how her interior photos absolutely shimmer! This classic beauty is truly a diamond in the rough!
- Cheoy Lee pioneered fiberglass construction in the fifty's and is well known for their high quality sea worthy vessels. Lady Pirate is no exception here. She is heavily constructed of fiberglass with lead ballast and stainless steel fiberglass encased rudder. Topsides, teak overlays fiberglass on the deck and pilothouse to produce a very sound hull and deck. This attention to quality craftsmanship has incurred no blisters through the years! Her teak interior shines from being newly refinished!
- Additional Information
- Lady Pirate is the only Cheoy Lee Offshore 50 built with the John Alden layout. From the cockpit, you enter a spacious deckhouse with galley aft to port, a dropleaf table forward of the galley to port and four swiveling hand carved captains chairs. She has an interior helm and quarter berth to starboard. Moving forward you enter the main saloon with a full chart table to starboard. To port is a settee that converts to a double berth, with a pilot berth outboard to port. There is also a drop down table for cozy dining in the main saloon. Continuing forward there is a full height vanity to starboard. There are cabinets, a mirror and drawers for storage. To port of the vanity is the head and shower. In the bow is a V-berth that converts to a king-size bed. There is a wash basin and vanity in this cabin as well. The large forward hatch can be accessed by a stainless ladder for easy access on deck. Forward of the V-Berth is the chain locker accessed by a teak door. The locker is well laid out to accommodate chain and line in separate areas.
- The galley has a Shipmate 3 burner propane stove with oven, a side entrance 12 volt refrigerator freezer and an engine driven refrigerator freezer and double stainless steel sink. There is plenty of storage for pots & pans, dishes and flat ware. A convenient and large spice cabinet is placed in easy reach of the stove and then there is the charm of nautical reliefs, eagle cutouts and oil & electric lamps abounding everywhere to give this a truly unique interior throughout the boat to treasure!
- Ground tackle
- She comes with an 88 pound Delta, a 75 pound CQR, a 45 pound CQR, a 40 pound Danforth, 400 feet of 3/8 inch high test on Delta and other anchor rodes with chain & line.
- In conclusion
- The Lady Pirate is a vessel worthy of lavishing all your loving attention on her! She has been written up in a newspaper, extolling her beauty! Whenever and wherever she has arrived in a new harbor she commanded attention and admiration. She was designed to be sailed by two people easily, yet her present owners are aging out of safely maintaining and cruising her. Lady Pirate's beautiful classic lines, wonderfully maintained old world character and quality construction are the right combination for a new owner to be as passionate about her sailing characteristics and beauty as the previous owners were!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Please contact Kevin Kelley (727) 688-4384, email@example.com for more information. Out of state buyers can now buy and use their boat in beautiful Florida for 180 days with no Florida sales tax. Ask your EYS broker how.