- 44 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- PENTA D9
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This is a MUST see. Rare West Coast Find!
Power and Motor Yacht Review:
Ferretti called on the Italian yacht-design group Victory Design to relaunch the Mochi Craft name as an entirely new line of boats called the Dolphin.
The 44's exterior lines are inspired by the workaday, handsome Downeast lobster boats, but with a sexy, modern twist. Essentially she's a scaled-down 51, with a hull finished in Oriental beige—a soft, creamy yellow that emphasizes the deep brown of the teak swim platform, side decks, cockpit, and grabrails. (Each Dolphin model has a signature hull color.) The white deckhouse and shapely cleats give her a fashionable appearance, as do the retro ports and highly raked side windows on her topsides.
The 44 effortlessly weaved through a tight group of vessels and cut through the confused wakes at WOT while the windshield remained dry as a bone. Credit's due to a few factors: a deep-V hull with generous flare and spray rails, smooth-shifting electronic Volvo Penta single-lever controls, and responsive BCS power-assisted hydraulic steering. The 44 also had excellent sightlines from the port-side helm, which allowed unobstructed views in all directions.
As sweetly as she ran, she looked even better. Her aft deck and cockpit make her an ideal picnic boat. As for the cockpit, I particularly like her six-seat, C-shape settee just aft of the port-side helm. With a teak table that expands to 37"Lx44"W, it's an ideal alfresco dining area. She already has ample light emanating from large forward-facing and side windows, but things really open up when the electrically actuated 5'4"Wx7'7"L canvas roof is opened. If weather's a factor, leave the roof closed and lower the aft drop curtain. Guests who still want sun can walk up the 12-inch-wide side decks to the foredeck sunpad or retreat aft to a pair of settees on her aft deck.
While the purpose of the above-decks layout seemed obvious, below decks surprised me. Accessing the area via a starboard-side companionway, I expected a lower saloon, galley, and forepeak master—the kind of just-enough accommodations for a cruising couple with the occasional guest relegated to a saloon settee that converts into a double berth. Instead, the 44's equipped with an amidships port-side master with a full queen that's tilted at a 45-degree angle, creating a walkaround berth, and a forepeak VIP with two single berths that can be joined to make a queen. And both staterooms are served by en suite heads. The two-burner Gaggenau cooktop and microwave/convection oven are ready for gourmands, and wisely filling the former crew berth that's accessed under the aft deck's L-shape settee with a 3.2-cubic-foot freezer; there's also room here for a washer/dryer and a pair of folding bicycles.
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The Mochi Craft 44 possesses the class and elegance of the 1950's lobster boats, in splendid reflexes in turquoise, coral, deep red, and marine blue shimmering on the sea surface. Let yourself be gently cradled by the welcoming embrace of the Mediterranean feeling mood. Its high technological standards and spry character make the 44 Dolphin the most vigorous of the Mochi Craft fleet and it is distinguished by the sophisticated style that sets the entire fleet apart, with spacious interiors cared for down to the finest detail. Those seduced by its class, will also appreciate the exquisite details that usually go unnoticed by others.
- Mechanical Disclaimer
- * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- My name is Dave Millett and I have over 25 years experience in both power and sail - let me help you make your boat dreams a reality. Fast, fun, and easy is what you will experience with me. Call 714-260-5901 to start your new lifestyle now. Email me too at D.Millett@DenisonYachtSales.com Why buy from Denison Yacht Sales? We have been serving yachtsmen and women throughout the world for almost 70 years Multiple US and International locations to serve you Over 60 dedicated yacht sales professionals dedicated to selling your yacht Over 60 dedicated yacht sales professionals dedicated to finding your dream yacht