- 38 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 35C Three JS
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
OWNER WILL CONSIDER ALL OFFERS
New bottom paint Jan. 2014 as well as topside and bright work!
New engine and generator in 2002, (both with low hours)
New standing and running rigging in 2002
Custom Dive platform and tank storage
Custom permanent "Hard Dodger", and much more!!
Alajuela 38's are proven and capable ocean going yachts, known for their sea-going ability, the strength of their construction, and the quality of their glasswork. "Nefer-Ra" is well kept with many upgrades.
This yacht is a proven passage maker and performs beautifully. Cutter rigged, with a sail plan of 850 square feet provides good speed under sail. The hull configuration is a full keel with large outboard rudder and tiller steering. Deck is spacious and uncluttered, with safety features stressed, and the cockpit is accommodating to the crew with good visibility and ease of handling.
- Berths for five with pilot berth in salon to port and "V" forward. Full galley: 2 burner AC stove top, microwave, sink, and ice box. Enclosed head with manual toilet with "Y" valve, sink, shower wand. Engine compartment under cockpit/companionway.
- Hull: Fiberglass hand laminated FRP in a two-piece mold Deck: hand laminated FRP, marine plywood cored, applied non-skid Cabin: hand laminated FRP molded with deck, marine plywood cored Keel: molded with hull, integral cast lead ballast Rudder: solid FRP, bronze pintles and gudgeons Cabinetry: teak & teak plywood, teak & holly soles Rig: painted aluminum mast and boom, keel stepped mast
- Hull color : white Bow: spoon with sprit Stern: double ended Sheer: conventional Hull: round bilged, low wetted surface Keel: full profile, wineglass sections, slack bilges Rudder: outboard, full keel swung Cabin: long trunk, aft cockpit with high coamings Rig: single spreader masthead Marconi cutter, bow sprit
- PROPULSION : Westerbeke 3 cyl. 35 hp. diesel Model# 35C Three JS fresh water cooled, wet exhaust engine compartment under companionway/cockpit. M anual reverse/reduction marine gear. 17" Max Prop 3 blade feathering bronze propeller. 1 1/4" stainless steel shaft. AUXILIARY GENERATOR : Westerbeke 3 cyl. 5.0 KW diesel/120v.AC Model# 5.0BGDE fresh water cooled, aft in engine compartment.
- 12 volt DC system and 120 volt AC ship/shore power system 5 group 27 L/A 12 volt batteries. All batteries properly boxed, secured and ventilated with fused switch panel. Navigation, cabin, and spreader lights, portable spot light, marine multi-bank battery charger, AC volt meter, AC and DC ammeters AC fresh water heater, DC Watermaker.
- 3 - 2.5 lb. dry chemical fire extinguishers. 5- approved type personal flotation devices. 1- Type IV throwable device, lifesling bow and stern pulpits, double lifelines, handrails horn and bell, flare kit.
- Ground Tackle
- 45 CQR plow anchor, 300' chain, 10' line (est.) 45 lb. plow spare anchor, electric windlass, anchor rollers.
- Main Yankee Stays'l 150% Genoa
- Custom FRP Permanent "Hard" Dodger 6" Ritchie Compass Roller Traveler Rigid Boom Vang S.S.Barbeque Winches (all Barient): 2 -28 STS primary 3 -22 S halyard 3 -23 STC multi-purpose 2- cabin top
- Special Note
- A complete rehab of the vessel was conducted in 2002 including the new engine and generator, all new wiring and panels, removal of the teak deck overlay and re-glassing the entire deck and cabin structure, installing cockpit seat hatches with lockers. The rig was refurbished including painting the mast and boom and replacing all standing and running rigging.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- My name is Dave Millett and I have over 25 years experience in both power and sail - let me help you make your boat dreams a reality. Fast, fun, and easy is what you will experience with me. Call 714-260-5901 to start your new lifestyle now. Email me too at D.Millett@DenisonYachtSales.com Why buy from Denison Yacht Sales? We have been serving yachtsmen and women throughout the world for almost 70 years Multiple US and International locations to serve you Over 60 dedicated yacht sales professionals dedicated to selling your yacht Over 60 dedicated yacht sales professionals dedicated to finding your dream yacht