- 41 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Sailing World Magazine's "Boat of the Year" 1999 cruiser/racer class.
Overall Winner of the Sydney to Hobart race.
"Twister" is a beautiful and well maintained version of this highly sought after racer/cruiser. With her powerful rig, deep keel, and efficient hull shape, the Sydney 41 is one of the few boats as comfortable on the race-course as she is crusing the Islands.
Designed by Ian Murray and built by Bashford International of Australia, the Sydney 41 illuminates the gulf between the American and overseas sailboat markets. Most American builders seem intent on separating their boats into very distinct racing and cruising classes, while overseas builders are quicker to translate success on the race course into cruising designs. The Sydney 41 was designed around the principle that performance is more important than rating, as speed is timeless and rating is subject to change. The basis of the 41's hull shape comes from the latest of grand prix thinking and is readily evident when under sail.
If you are looking for a great value in a performance sailboat, "Twister" should be one of the first boats you look at. She has had many substantial upgrades over the past few years. All of the systems, rig, hull, and sails are in excellent condition. She is a turn-key boat ready and eager to get a new owner out on the water.
- Ballast: 5480 Displacement: 13710
- Fuel: 24 Fresh Water: 52
- The interior of the Sydney 41 is a departure from the traditional sport boat. Her layout is very accomodating for nights aboard whether you are doing a long distance race down the coast, or cruising the islands with the family. The master cabin is located forward with a large double V-berth, hanging locker, and en-suite head. The main salon consists of a Large U-shaped dinette to port with a settee across to starboard. The interior cushoins were replaced in 2007 and the dinette table base was replaced with one custom built from teak in 2009. Aft of the dinette area is a very functional L-Shaped galley with a dual basin stainless steel sink, new LPG Force 10 oven with double burner stove, and large ice box. Dierctly across from the galley is the navigation station complete with electronics and plenty of storage. The rear section of the boat is configured with additional sleeping accomodations and plenty of storage. The starboard side a large cabin with double berth and an additional pipe berth for a third person. The port side is a large garage area with two removable pipe berths which is an ideal configuration, adaptable for whatever requirements you have for your voyage. New cabin cushions 2007 New LPG stove/oven Force 10 (2 burner) 2009 Teak base for Settee table designed and built H&L Marine (2009) (3) pipe berths, removable for cruising
- Deck and Hull
- The hull is a composite construction using Kevlar E-glass biaxial fabric, vinylester and epoxy resins and foam coring of varying thickness. The deck has a PVC core, with laminate and high-density foam supporting the flat areas beneath load-bearing deck fittings. The main structural bulkhead is solid fiberglass and the secondary bulkheads are composite. A fiberglass floor, coupled with the longitudinals, forms a structural grid in the bilge. The molded interior liners, with unidirectional fibers, stiffen the hull and help support the rig load. The high-lift, steel keel section has a lead bulb dangling more than 8 feet below the waterline. The externally fastened keel is attached to the hull with stainless steel bolts and is supported by a large, recessed backing plate. The balanced spade rudder is a composite construction around a tubular stainless steel stock. The Cockpit is large, deep, and well set up for racing. All lines are led aft for easy accesss. The wheel is oversized for excellent control of the helm when seated in any position. The deck housing has a low profile allowing for a clear and open view of all points forward. All comings are curved and provide a great deal of comfort when seated and moving about. The side decks are wide and flat with limited obstructions making for excellent footing for crew when working on deck. Hull Re-Painted w/ 2 additional coats LP (1/2010) Thru hull sea cocks all replaced with Forespar Marlon flush hull (2002) Nelson-Marek Keel upgrade (See photo at haulout) Lewmar opening ports replaced 2006 New S.S. lifelines 2013 New spray on bottom paint 2013 Fixed S.S. Stern boarding steps (2008)
- New ICOM M504 VHF, with DSC New Furuno WAAS GPS dedicated to B&G display, VHF Garmin differential GPS Chartplotter B&G System 3000 performance GFD, FFD, 3 20/20 mast, Tru/App Wind analog, Inclinometer (2008) B&G Autopilot w/ Remote
- Yanmar 3-Cylinder with Sail Drive Flex-O-Fold (made in Denmark) low drag race prop New starter motor and solenoid (2009) Engine access hatch enlarged for starboard side access (2005)
- Carbon Mast New Antal mast track (removable) New LP paint on Mast, boom, and spin pole 2013 (Sea Tek) New rod rigging, backstay 2013 (Sea Tek) Reckman roller furling (removable) New hydraulics backstay piston, thru hull plumbing and cockpit panel 2007
- Sail Inventory
- This boat has an extensive inventopry of sails. Please call or e-mail for complete list.
- North Sails over-the-boom awning and wheel cover (2004) Stainless Steel Fuel/Waste/Water Tanks House and engine starter batteries located at boat center of gravity, at mast base. Steering Cable replaced with new (2009) Repaint Wheel Snow White Awlgrip (2003)
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- My name is Dave Millett and I have over 25 years experience in both power and sail - let me help you make your boat dreams a reality. Fast, fun, and easy is what you will experience with me.Call 714-260-5901 to start your new lifestyle now. Email me too at D.Millett@DenisonYachtSales.com Why buy from Denison Yacht Sales? We have been serving Yachtsmen and Women worldwide for almost 70 years Multiple US and Worldwide Locations to serve you Over 60 dedicated yacht sales professionals dedicated to selling your yacht Over 60 dedicated yacht sales professionals dedicated to finding your dream yacht