The Dufour 50 Classic will impress lovers of large traditional yachts. Her majestic silhouette, fine underbody and immense deck area, beamy cockpit, and large steering wheel gives her the looks of a big ocean racer. The Classic 50 design from the board of Berret Racoupeau proudly crowns the Classic range. Inside, accommodations are designed for easy circulation throughout the boat and to preserve intimacy for the passengers. Two large double cabins aft and three cabins forward are separated by a passageway, and all rooms are accessed by individual cabin doors. Three head compartments and an independent shower provide appreciable comfort with a large crew. The Classic 50 - with her oversized fuel and water tanks, improved handling, and unequaled control - predestine the Dufour 50 Classic for long passages.
Many recent improvements including new standing rigging and sails.
- Full Specifications
- Description MAKE/MODEL: Dufour 50 Classic DESIGNER: Berret/Racoupeau BUILDER: Dufour WHERE BUILT: France YEAR BUILT: 2000 FLAG: Canada LOA M 15.22/FT 50.00 LWL M 12.67/FT 41.58 BEAM M 4.6 /FT 15.08 DRAFT 6 FT DISPLACEMENT: 14,000 kg/30,870 lbs KEEL BALLAST: 4,000 kg/9,260 lbs Construction HULL: Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) DECK MATERIAL: Textured G.R.P. with teak in cockpit and on swim platform STEERING SYSTEM: Wheel RUDDER TYPE: Spade KEEL TYPE: Fin Engine NO OF ENGINES: 1 MAKE/AGE:Volvo Penta ENGINE HOURS: 5000 MODEL: TMD 22 HP: 78 hp, turbo replaced 2012 w/300 hrs. FUEL: Diesel NO. OF CYLINDERS: 4 TYPE OF GEAR BOX(S): Volvo Penta new 2012 w/300hrs TYPE OF CONTROLS: Morse DRIVE TO PROP: Direct shaft drive TYPE OF PROP: Three blade fixed prop Electrics VOLTAGE: 12 volt NO OF BATTERIES: 5 (4 house & 1 engine) METHOD OF CHARGING: Alternator ALTERNATOR: 14v/60A 2000W sine wave inverter Tankage NO OF FUEL TANKS: 1 MATERIAL: Alloy CAPACITY OF FUEL TANKS: GALLONS: 132 NO OF WATER TANKS: 2 MATERIAL: Alloy CAPACITY OF WATER TANKS: GALLONS: 184 HOLDING TANKS: Yes all tanks inspected and serviced 2012 Water System H&C pressurized fresh water WATER HEATING SYSTEM: engine exchanger Rig TYPE: Sloop Rig SPAR MAKER: Sparcraft SPAR MATERIAL: Aluminum STANDING RIGGING MATERIAL: Stainless steel wire LAST REPLACED: 2012 RUNNING RIGGING MATERIAL: Cored braided line MAINSAIL REEFING: Slab reefing HEADSAIL ROLLER FURLING: Facnor Sails TYPE: Mainsail MAKER: Doyle YEAR: 2012 TYPE: Genoa MAKER: Doyle YEAR: 2012 TYPE: Lazy bag MAKER: Doyle YEAR: 2005 Aluminum whisker pole Winches GENOA WINCHES: (2) MAKE: Lewmar 58's SPEED: 2 SELF TAILING: Yes SHEET WINCHES: (1) MAKE: Lewmar 48 SPEED: 2 SELF TAILING: Yes HALYARD WINCHES: (1) MAKE: Lewmar 48 SPEED: 2 SELF TAILING: Yes Accomodations NO OF BERTHS: 12 DOUBLES: 4 SINGLES: 4 NO. OF CABINS: 5 AFT CABIN: 2 COOKER TYPE: Eno NO OF BURNERS: 2 OVEN: Yes FUEL: Propane FRIDGE: Frigoboat engine driven cold plate SINK: (1) Double basin in galley NO. HEADS: (3) MAKE: Jabsco Parr HANDBASIN: (3) SHOWER: (3) plus transom shower UPHOLSTERY/COLOUR SCHEME: Tan cloth with blue pattern INTERIOR CONSTRUCTION/WOOD TYPE: Teak laminated marine ply WHICH LAYOUT VERSION: 5 cabin Ground Tackle PRIMARY ANCHOR: Delta SECONDARY ANCHOR: Brittany WINDLASS: Electric MAKE: Lofrans Tigres 1200W /12v Ekectronics COMPASS: Plastimo Simrad NX 40 Chartplotter ECHOSOUNDER: Autohelm Tridata SPEED: Autohelm Tridata LOG: Autohelm Tridata WIND: Windex VHF:Raymarine RAY 55 with emergency locator GPS: Garmin GPS 126 AUTO PILOT: Raytheon Autohelm ST 7000+ General Equipment FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT: Portable BILGE PUMPS: Manual & automatic SAFETY EQUIPMENT: NAVIGATION LIGHTS: GUARDWIRES/PULPIT/PUSHPIT: SWIMMING LADDER BIMINI new 21012 WARPS: (4) FENDERS: (4) BOATHOOK:
- Seller's improvements 2102/2013
- Heliodore was hauled out and the bottom painted and zincs changed in January 2013. It is in very good shape with no signs of osmosis. Thru hull fittings and spade rudder are in excellent shape. Engine The Volvo TMD 22 engine has been well maintained and serviced and has approximately 5000 hours. A new Turbo has 300 hours. A new transmission has approximately 300 hours. All engine mounts were replaced and engine was realigned 200 hours ago. A new alternator was installed 100 hours ago Stainless shaft has a dripless stuffing box and has 300 hours on it. Electric bilge pump is new. Electric 2500 g/p/h emergency bilge pump is new Improvements 2012 / 2013 From its previous listing and purchase survey that I include in attachment there are many important improvements which follow: Standing rigging 2013 In January 2013 the mast was unstepped and all components were unfastened and inspected down to the interior chain plates while the vessel was in dry dock. With a contracted top a US rigging company - The standing rigging has been completely replaced for new oversized LEWMAR wire and hardware including turnbuckles etc. - A twin backstay to the mast head was added for improved strength. - New internal wiring in mast. - A full rigging report is available. Sails The Doyle Main and Genoa sails have 6 month of use since new. The old main and Genoa are available as spares... - A new Bimini Top has been added to the cockpit Electronics: - Raymarine autopilot works very well - SIMRAD NX40 Chart plotter with Caribbean and East Coast North America charts - Depth Sounder, speed log - Raymarine RAY55 with emergency EPIRB locator VHF radio with new mast head antenna and spare antenna on pushpit. Navigation Lights etc - New LED anchor light at mast head - All LED running lights and deck lights have been changed or serviced Electrical - A new 2 KW 110 volt sine wave inverter has been added to the electrical system - A new 2 kw/h gasoline 110 volt generator for emergency use. Spares: -New spare starter motor for Volvo TMD 22 diesel engine. -New spare 80 amps Alternator -shore power electrical system - Anchor electric winch spare - Many new electrical, mechanical spare parts are included Maintenance etc - All engine and fuel systems and transmission maintenance are to date. - Plumbing and electrical maintenance done - All fuel and water tanks have been serviced
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Edwards Yacht Sales on Facebook Out-of-State buyers can now buy and use their boat in beautiful Florida for 180 days with No Florida Sales Tax! Ask your EYS broker for details. Financing available at 4.9%