Built from 1990 until 1995 the Island Packet 32 is a small cruiser with the space and feel of a much larger boat. With accommodations to sleep 7, standing headroom throughout, loads of storage and shallow (3'8") draft this very stoutly built vessel is an ideal coastal cruiser for a family for a week or a month. Many have ventured successfully off-shore. With a modified full keel and a large keel supported rudder Island Packets are known for their sea-kindly motion and their ability to take it when the going gets rough.
This boat is ready for some adventure and she has been lightly used. If you are looking for a capable yacht to take you places this could be the one.
- NEW LISTING
- IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SERIOUS CAPABLE CRUISER AT THE BEST PRICE ON THE MAKER THIS IS IT!
- Description of Vessel
- With classic good looks, exacting craftsmanship, and reliability and trouble-free service second to none, the Island Packet 32 has become an unequaled choice for knowledgeable cruising sailors. The manageable and versatile cutter rig allows a small crew to set a variety of well-balanced combinations in a wide range of wind and sea conditions. The genoa is fitted with a roller furling system. Control lines are led aft to allow routine sail-handling from the comfort and security of the cockpit. The cockpit features long, contoured seats with deep backrests providing plenty of room for seating or sleeping. The premium rack and pinion steering system further adds to the safety and enjoyment of this cruising yacht. Belowdecks, the focus is on the requirements of cruising and a comfortable lifestyle aboard. A varnished teak and holly sole adds elegance to the living areas, while a molded non-skid sole surface is used in high-traffic areas for sure footing and ease of maintenance. The main salon can be an open salon area or, with the bulkhead-mounted table folded down, an accommodating dining area. The port-side settee slides out to form a double bunk. The oversize quarterberth and aft cabin area is easily enclosed by a privacy curtain. The U-shaped galley features generous counter space, deep double stainless steel sinks,a large well-insulated ice box with 12 volt refrigeration and premium safety type propane range. The head includes an encloseable shower. The Yanmar 27 hp engine is accessible through removable fore and aft covers. Sporting a folding propeller she will not suffer performance.
- Additional Information
- Island Packet 32 Equipment, Rig, Sails, Hardware, Etc. SAILS: Furlex Roller Furling Mainsail rolls into the mast Genoa: 130 percent roller furling genoa on a roller furler Staysail: is loose without the boom but the boom is available. 2 jib halyard winches on mast, Lewmar, #16 Main halyard & main-sheet led to cockpit through stoppers to cabin top self tailing Lewmar 16CST winch. Two single line reefs for each set of reef points led to cockpit through stoppers to cabin top self tailing Lewmar 16CST winch. All halyards internal; color coded running rigging Soft boom vang Two Lewmar self tailing Ocean Series 40CST 2-speed sheet winches on cockpit coamings Main sheet traveler w- 4:1 control system DECK HARDWARE: Welded stainless steel double bow and stern pulpits. Edson rack & pinion wheel with molded seat,pedestal mounted Ritchie SP-5 compass, single lever engine control. Double lifelines w- quick release hooks aft for easy side boarding, full-length teak cabin top hand rails - Stern gate with quick release hook - Swim ladder (stainless steel transom mount) with teak steps Anchors: 35# CQR and a 22# Bruce both with chain & 3 strand nylon rode. Both anchors are mounted on the bow pulpit's stainless steel anchor rollers. The rodes are lead through hinged deck pipes and are stored in the forepeak ready for deployment Four 10" mooring cleats, two 10" spring line cleats, chocks and stainless steel chafe guards Keel stepped mast, all anodized spars - Eleven stainles steel opening ports - Five deck hatches (head, forward cabin, salon, aft cabin, galley) - Two deck ventilators (dorade type). INTERIOR; Large forepeak with louvered privacy doors to salon & head compartment. Large double V-berth - full-length teak shelves outboard, large stowage lockers, cedar lined drawers under. Generous cedar lined hanging locker with shelf over. Two opening ports plus overhead hatch. Forward head with shower (electric drain pump) with a fold down teak shower seat, curtain on track, large vanity with stainless steel sink, hot & cold pressure water, unbreakable mirror, Formica counter with teak trim, storage cabinets. An opening port & overhead hatch. Main salon with pullout double settee berth to port, single settee berth to starboard, teak cabinets & bookshelves outboard of both settees. Large stowage areas behind & under each settee. Cedar lined hanging locker with shelf over. Deluxe drop leaf table folds against bulkhead rack with bottle stowage. Varnished teak & holly sole. Large overhead hatch, deck vents from the dorades. Overhead & shoulder height grab rails. Navigation station with large, fold away hinged table and pullout seat. AC-DC electrical panel. Large aft double berth with full-length shelf, stowage lockers under, bureau with cedar lined drawer, privacy curtain to enclose area, overhead hatch & two opening ports. All interior cushions are 5" thick foam, there are multiple 12 volt fans. With the 12 volt refrigeration the owner has all the comforts of home. Teak & holley sole in main salon and forward cabin. Removable teak companionway ladder over the engine cover which is lined with sound-insulating material. Engine access from all sides - Molded slip resistant cabin sole adjacent to companionway, galley, aft cabin & nav station, - draining grate in front of companionway ladder. - Teak bulkheads, cabinetry & trim - Teak louvered cabin & locker doors - Molded fiberglass interior headliner with textured finish and teak trim Large U-shaped galley with Formica surfaces, teak sea rails on all edges, fold up counter extension - Top loading ice box with 12 volt refrigeration and a freezer with the ability to make ice. The ice box/refrigerator has superior injected froth type urethane insulation throughout, and a large 12 cu. ft. volume. Gimbaled two-burner LPG stove with oven, stainless steel guardrail with harness hooks. Pot & pan locker under - Double stainless steel sink, hot & cold pressure water retractable spray head. Companionway dropboards of solid teak, center dropboard fitted with fixed port (safety glass), Fresh water cockpit shower/ wash down (cold only) - LPG deck storage bin with 10 lb. propane tank (plus room for spare). CANVAS Dodger 2 years old Bimini 2 years old Sunbrella Suncover on Roller Furling Genoa ENGINE, RUNNING GEAR & SYSTEMS: 27 hp Yanmar diesel- three cylinder, fresh water cooled, Three blade Max-Prop feathering prop - Bronze engine raw water intake strainer - Recessed cockpit instrument panel with tachometer, fuel gauge, engine monitoring & warning system - removable acrylic cover - Single lever speed and shift engine control mounted to the right of the wheel - Deluxe electric panels with- four-way battery switch, circuit breakers for DC & AC systems, DC & AC gauges, battery test system, reverse polarity protection, indicator lights, hour meter, elec. pump controls, LPG control, battery charger control - 120 volt, 30 amp A/C dockside power, 50' shorepower cord, numerous interior outlets, battery charger - Numerous 12V interior lamps and courtesy lamps - Water heater - 6 gal. marine type with engine heat exchanger & 120 Volt A/C dockside water heating. - Pressure water system with hot & cold water in galley & head. - Manual back-up water pump in galley - LPG stove system with 10 lb.tank (in draining storage well), remote solenoid shutoff, pressure gauge - Marine head (Raritan) direct overboard discharge or bypass valve into holding tank. Water intake to heads protected by a strainer - 15 gallon (US) welded marine aluminum holding tank, deck pump-out fitting - 85 gallon (US) welded marine aluminum fresh water tank - 28 gallon (US) welded marine aluminum fuel tank, - Fuel & water tankage below cabin sole maximizing storage space & minimizing trim changes - Stainless steel deck fittings for water, fuel, waste - Ice box drain pump - electric Shower drain pump - Electric bilge pump with auto float switch and manual bilge pump - Several interior; fans, - Cockpit cushions (4 pc) 2" closed cell foam.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Have To Sell One Before Buying This One? Contact Knot 10 Today As With Offices In MD, FL, VA, NJ WE WANT YOUR LISTING & WILL GET IT SOLD