- 30 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
A VERY UNIQUE CATALINA 309!
Great for coastal cruising, island hopping, or beginning sailors.
Photon is unique in that she was originally commissioned with a roller furling mainsail. However, the owner recently changed her to a full battened Mainsail with Tides Marine Strong track system with a stack pack and lazy jacks. While she can be easily changed back to the Roller Furling Mainsail (all roller furling mainsail parts come with the boat, including the mainsail), the owners respectfully submit that the stack pack is a much better option for this boat because it is much more user friendly, is far less prone to malfunction, and allows for a full-battened main with 10% more sail area and far better sail shape. There is one reef in the mainsail that reduces sail area by about 20%.
NewBottom paint in December 2013
Cruising World Magazine awarded the Catalina 309 two awards as “Best Domestic Boat of the Year” and “Best Small Cruiser of the Year” in 2007. It replaced the ever popular Catalina 30 and the concept was to make a boat easy to sail with very low maintenance. They succeeded! You can easily hop on and enjoy this boat at a moments notice. The sail plan is easy to single hand or for a couple to sail and yet it has room to sleep 7 people if you want to invite friends along.
- This is a two owner yacht. The original owner was a knowledgeable Catalina owner but did not use the boat often. The current owner is also a very knowledgeable sailor and made many nice improvements. He has another sailboat and finds little time for both.
- Air conditioned comfort is available and the boat can sleep up to seven people. Starting forward is the V-berth, which can sleep 2, and has drawers for storage. Moving aft is the head with shower is to port and directly across is a nice hanging locker, with a shelf above, which holds the TV. Next is the roomy main salon, where the dinette table can convert to a double berth and a settee across to starboard. The C-shaped Galley is further aft to port with a Nav station across to starboard. The private aft cabin entrance is to starboard and has a large double berth with storage. 12,000 BTU reverse cycle Air conditioning Varnish Finish On Interior Teak Veneer Bulkheads with Solid Teak Trim Solid Teak Trim Doors, Teak Louvers Doors on Cabinets, Cedar lined Hanging Lockers Chart Table with Adjustable Chart Light Teak and Holly Textured Laminate Sole Dining Table Navy Blue Upholstery Fixed Ports in Hull 4 0pening Ports with Screens Screens for all 5 deck hatches
- The C shaped Galley is conveniently located between the companion way and the main salon. It has a nice front loading refrigerator and a stainless steel LPG stove and oven. Iso Therm Refrigeration, D.C. Powered System with Freezer Compartment Stainless Steel Sink, polished Single Lever Faucet with Pullout Sprayer Two Burner Stove with Oven, Stainless Steel, L.P.G. with Auto Ignition Large Top Loading Storage Bin with Rack Utensil Drawer Large Storage Cabinets in Galley Propane tank in cockpit locker Hot & Cold Pressure Water Distribution System 11 Gal. Water Heater with A.C. and Engine Heat Exchange Elements
- This vessel has both 120v AC and 12 v DC systems which are all ABYC standards. The electrical panel has room for expansion slots. (1) 110V 30 amp Shore Power Cord NEW 4D AGM House bank Battery NEW GRP 27 AGM Engine Start Battery Marine Battery Charger Deck Light and Steaming Light on Mast Anchor Light at Masthead 12 Volt Lighting Throughout Custom 110 Volt AC/12 Volt DC Electric Panel Circuit Breakers for AC Electrical Panel Battery Condition Meter Adjustable Halogen Cabin Lights AC Duplex Receptacles Throughout AC Dockside Power with Outlets and Polarity Indicator and Circuit Protection DC Electrical System with Two Batteries, Selector Switch and Panel Circuit Protection Galvanic Isolator
- Raymarine ST 6002 Auto pilot Raymarine ST60 Wind Package (Wind Direction and Speed) Raymarine ST60 Tri Data Garmin 497 GPS ICOM M422 VHF radio w RAM Mic Ritchie Compass Standard Horizon VHF with AIS and Ram Mic Windex at Masthead 13" Sharp Aquos Flat Panel TV DV169 DVD Player Poly Planner AM/FM/CD Stereo 2 Speakers in Main salon and 2 in cockpit under stern rail seats
- Deck and Cockpit
- The cockpit is very roomy and great for entertaining and large enough for sleeping. The folding wheel makes it particularly easy to move around. Catalina's Tie-Rod structural system attaches the rig to the hull with a leak proof ball and socket joint for chainplates. New Bottom Paint December 2013 with Micron 66 Edson Folding Wheel at helm Single lever engine control and full engine instrumentation Folding cockpit table Comfortable Cockpit with Contoured Combings Cockpit Dodger/Bimini Combo (Color-Captain Navy) Canvas padded windsheild covers Custom Cockpit cushions Cup and Binocular holder at Binnacle Extra large cockpit locker with gull wing access hatch and flat floor Walk Through Transom Transom Boarding Platform Stern Boarding Ladder Double Lifelines with Gates Port and Starboard Mooring Cleats, Two Fore and Aft Two Mid-Ship Cleats Large Double Anchor Roller on Foredeck Delta Fast Set w/50' chain and 150' rode Molded In Anchor Locker for Below Deck Chain and Rode Storage Stainless Steel Handrails on Cabin Top Stern Rail with Observation Seats with speakers underneath Removable Helm Seat Hot & Cold Shower Mounted in Transom Boarding Area (2) Mesh Line Storage Bags L.E.D. Solar Cockpit Light Molded In LP Gas Locker Inclinometer Emergency tiller
- Sails and Rigging
- This is the first boat that I have seen in which you can have a roller furling main sail or a standard full batten main sail. Currently the roller furling extrusion has been removed and a Tides Marine Strong track system is installed with stack pack and lazy jacks. What a cool idea! The mainsheet traveler is controlled by a pair of cam cleats on the port side coach roof. Next to them two more line clutches control the jib halyards and the inside one controls the boom vang. The rudimentary jam cleat for the main sheet has been replaced with a clutch that firmly holds the mainsheet. A clutch has also been added to the genoa furling line, which greatly simplifies reefing and furling of the genoa. Double spreader anodized aluminum mast 135% roller furling Genoa Rigid adjustable ‘Rod Kicker’ boom vang (2) Lewmar 40Two-Speed Self Tailing Primary Winches (2) Lewmar 16 Two-Speed Self Tailing Mainsheet/Halyard Winches Traveler Control with Adjuster System Mid-boom Sheeting with Multi-Purchase Garhauer Traveler (1) 10” Winch Handle, ball bearing Handle Garhauer Mainsheet Traveler with Car and Adjuster System Led to Cockpit Headsail Furling Gear Boom Vang, Rigid Adjustable Type Inboard Genoa Tracks Complete Standing and Running Rigging Internal Low-Stretch Dacron Halyards PVC Wiring Conduit with Messenger in Mast
- Yanmar 3YM23 Fresh water cooled 21hp engine with 520 hrs. Mermaid Reverse cycle 12000 BTU Air Conditioning New Rule 1100 Bilge Pump All Owner's Manuals
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers outside of Florida contact office for details.