- 53 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- TMD 31A
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
MAJOR PRICE REDUCTION IN MARCH 2014!!!!!!
OWNER WANTS SOLD BEFORE THE UPCOMING SUMMER SEASON!! OFFERS ENCOURAGED!!
The name Nautor’s Swan is synonymous with fast cruising vessels of the highest quality. SKYE, a 1989 Swan 53 fulfills this description completely.
Her German Frers designed hull is fast, elegant and solidly constructed – equally at home stern tied to a wharf in the BVIs, island hopping in the Med or competing in an offshore race.
On deck space is well conceived for this wide range of use possibilities. Below decks, her finely crafted teak interior exceptionally comfortable. She boasts a huge salon arrangement – even for her 53 feet. A large dinette with beautiful fixed leaf table will be the center of entertainment. Her large master stateroom with centerline berth and two additional guest staterooms will sleep six.
OVER $500,000+ SPENT 2012-2013
2012 Newport-Bermuda Race
2013 Block Island Race Week - Finished 2nd in Class
2013 Vineyard Race - Finished 4th in Class
References available by the shipyards who completed the 2012-2013 works: Dodson Boat Yard & Front Street Shipyard in Maine.
TOP PEDIGREE - TURN KEY - SHOWBOAT CONDITION
- Upgrades & Overview
- Work was completed for the major part of 2012 at Front Street Shipyard in Maine. In 2013 she was recently at Dodson Boat Yard in Stonington, CT where she was painted. Top pedigree work done by 2 well respected shipyards. References are available upon request from Front Street Shipyard who can attest to the overall condition of the yacht which is truly a piece of art. The owner would also be happy to speak to qualified clients regarding further details on the yacht. She is turn key and is in need of no work from the machinery, engines, electronics, teak, paint, varnish, sails, mast, etc etc - everything is in new condition. A rare opportunity to own a SWAN 53 which does not become available on the market very often. 2013 All Grip Paint Job - $24,000 New Canvas throughout Complete revarnish of all bright work 2012 Sails · Furling Genoa Dyneema SRP 95 $17,205 · Marathon Series 400/800 Fulbatten Main $17,553 · A3 AIRX 900 Asymmetric Spinnaker $10,982 · Karver Top Down Furler $6,010 2 New AC Units (2012) $7,000 Bow Sprit (2012) $7,000 Reckman Furler (2012) $24,000 Install Teak Deck (2012) $103,000 Replace/Install Deck Hardware (2012) $103,000 · Radial Self Tailing Winches · Spinlock Clutch · Spinlock Jammer · Hatch Lens Rigging (2012) $70,000 Electronics Package (2012) $114,000 Keel Repairs (2012) - $14,000 Install New Dripless Shaft (2012) $3,500
- SKYE’S interior is beautifully finished in the highest quality teak in the typical style of Nautor Swan. Lockers feature louvered ventilation. Her cabin sole is teak and holly plywood. All panels lift to reveal convenient access to areas under foot. Her headliner is white vinyl panels with teak trim. Her layout is well conceived for both serious offshore sailing, entertaining and living aboard - her interior has a spacious feel, but a good handhold is never too far away. She will sleep six in three private staterooms. Ventilation is excellent, provided by numerous hatches, opening ports and fans in each cabin. At the bow is a spacious sail locker accessed via the forward head or a large sliding hatch. The forward head is directly aft of the sail locker. The large full width compartment has an integral shower. A teak grate covers the molded shower sump. To port is the Baby Blake head, with a large locker above and outboard. To starboard is a full length counter along the hull side with sink and single lever faucet. There is a mirrored locker above and outboard of the counter and a locker below the counter. A full size mirror is mounted on the door forward to the sail locker. The passageway bunk room is aft and to starboard of the forward head. There are two bunks to starboard. Outboard of the top bunk are three lockers. There is a shelf with lockers above and drawers below at the forward end of the bunks. Reading lamps and small shelves are located at the head of each berth. The guest stateroom is located to port of the bunk room with private access to the main cabin and forward head. There is a Pullman style berth located along the hull side to port. Reading lamps and a narrow shelf are located at the head of the berth. A series of lockers is located above the berth along the hull side. At the foot of the berth is a shelf with drawers below and a locker above.
- Her spacious main salon features a large L-shaped dinette along the port side. There is a fixed table offset to port with two drop leaves. Below the table are two shelves. An additional fixed bench on the centerline allows the table to comfortably seat eight or more. This bench also hinges to reveal fantastic access to the Westerbeke generator below. There is abundant storage throughout the salon. To port along the hull side, there are bookshelves and lockers, with additional lockers behind the settee seatbacks. To the starboard side of the salon, there is a shelf with large lockers below and bookshelves and lockers outboard. Large fixed cabin ports provide plenty of natural light.
- The galley is located along the port side passageway to the aft stateroom. Inboard is a stainless steel counter with molded two bin stainless sink and teak fiddles. There is a locker below the sink and a dish drying locker above the counter. Forward is a cleverly designed hinged trash bin. The counter on the outboard side of the galley features laminate countertops with teak fiddles. At the center of a long counter is a four burner stove/oven with a stainless crash bar. Forward and outboard above the counter is a large front loading fridge compartment. There is a large locker and a bank of drawers below. Aft of the stove below the counter is a large top loading freezer compartment. There is a sliding door locker with shelves outboard of the counter. 4-burner propane stove/oven Front loaded refrigerator Top loaded freezer Engine driven 'SeaFrost' and 110 v refrigeration Split stainless steel sink
- Navigation Station
- The nav station is located at the starboard aft corner of the salon. There is a comfortable navigator’s seat with a wide table. The radar/chartplotter display, radios and electrical panel are all close at hand. Storage for charts and navigation tools is available below the lifting top and in a series of drawers below the forward end of the nav table.
- Master Stateroom
- The master stateroom is accessed via passageways to port and starboard. There is a large centerline “island” berth with curved settees to port and starboard. Shelves with lockers above and below are located at the forward end of the settees. A large opening port provides ventilation. The aft/master head is located to starboard and forward of the master stateroom in the passageway to the main salon. A shower is integral to the space, and a teak grate covers the shower sump. Outboard is a counter with sink and a Baby Blake head that faces inboard. There is a locker below the sink and two lockers outboard. An opening port provides ventilation.
- Multi-Function Display, B&G Z12 Zeus 5hz Antenna B&G 4G Radar NAIS - 300N H3000 Hercules Performance Base Pack H3000 Speed Sensor H3000 Depth Sensor H3000 Analogue AWA 360 VMHU Pack 1050mm B&G Wind Vane Verticle H3000 ACP2 Pilot Pack B&G Remote Vision Pack Expedition Software C-map charts for Expedition Software 15" LCD TFT Monitor Icom M-604 VHF Icom MB-75 Flush Mount Kit Icom Automatic Antenna Tuner Icom HM195 Command Mic 4 ACP2 Pilot Processor TracPhone V3 Radar Mast (Complete list of the $105,000+ Electronics Package is Available Upon Request)
- Mechanical Systems
- Volvo Penta TMD 31A turbo marine diesel 13 KW Westerbeke Generator Volvo direct drive transmission Martec folding 2 blade 24” propeller Single lever throttle/shift lever 3 air handler air conditioning units
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.