- 62 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 6BT 5.9L
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
SUHAILI, a Malcolm Tenant design, is a world cruising shallow draft catamaran with lovely lines. Superb fuel efficiency with long range capability. The boat has a well laid out interior with excellent natural ventilation, and an alternative AC system. There is a large efficient sea galley with all appliances and cooking equipment.
The starboard hull is dedicated to a spacious private master suite. She has a vast 25’x9’ aft deck, covered with an awning, in addition to a covered outside dining area. Her rudders and props are protected above the keel line, and the engines have V-drives allowing complete maintenance accessibility. Extensive storage spaces for diving equipment, personal items, books, charts, galley and other equipment both inside and in deck lockers. Joinery throughout the vessel is of high quality Honduras mahogany and birch with a matte finish.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Main deck includes a spacious aft deck including work bench, an outside dining area, a salon with open galley, formal dining areas port and starboard and an entertainment center. The spacious owner's cabin occupies the entire starboard hull with queen-sized berth forward and book cases mounted on outer hull. Next aft is vanity, and aft is expansive head and stall shower. Below decks on the port side are two guest cabins, with vanity, a shared head and stall shower and book cases mounted on outer hull.
- Main Salon
- Upon entering the yacht from the aft deck, the nearly 27' beam becomes readily apparent. Even with ample walk-around side decks, one feels as if he/she is aboard a much larger yacht. The main cabin has twelve opening windows which provide excellent natural ventilation and nearly 360 degree visibility. Immediately on the left upon entering the salon is the staircase which is the primary access to the pilothouse. Port and starboard forward are two dinettes with plenty of seating. To starboard on entering is a large hanging locker and forward of that an entertainment cabinet housing a 32” Sony TV, 10 cartridge CD unit, DVD player and Sirius receiver. Below is a multi-drawer cabinet holding an easily-accessed selection of tools. Entertainment DVD player 32” Sony Flat Screen TV Jensen 10-Disc CD unit Sirius radio Bose speakers in aft deck, salon and pilot house
- Dining Salon / Galley
- Occupying the port side of the salon and just forward of, but open to the galley, is one dining area that seats six. Forward and to starboard is another dining area seating four. The entire salon/ dining/ galley area is surrounded by opening windows which provide unrivaled natural ventilation and light to the area. In addition the area is fully air conditioned. Galley with extensive food and utensil storage space also has a large double bowl sink, top load refrigerator and freezer, three burner propane stove with oven, and a propane gas detection unit. There is also an exhaust fan for ventilation.
- Master Cabin Accessed from the salon companionway to starboard, is the master cabin featuring an athwartship queen island berth forward in the hull with overhead opening hatch and dual fans and reading lights. Lockers are located below the berth and forward is a cedar-lined, very large hanging locker. Master Head The master head is en suite aft in the hull. On the inboard side is the vanity. The shower has a hand-held or wall mountable shower fixture, light and exhaust fan. The toilet is an electric deluxe Jabsco. Forward Port Guest Cabin From the center companionway just forward of the Galley are steps leading into the port hull. The forward guest cabin has a large cedar-lined hanging locker and below-berth storage. The queen berth is fitted with dual fans and reading lights. There is an opening hatch above the berth. Port Guest Head Amidships in the port hull is a shared head with Lavac toilet, vanity, sink and countertop with single-lever faucet with several storage cabinets above and two cabinets below. The stall shower has a seat, a hand-held or wall mountable Kohler shower fixture, an exhaust fan and overhead light. Aft Port Guest Cabin Going aft in the port hull is another guest cabin with a berth inboard, below-berth storage and a hanging locker. The queen berth is fitted with dual fans and reading lights. There is an opening hatch above the berth.
- The pilothouse is accessed by steps leading up from the salon providing entrance to a surprisingly large helm area rivaling that of much larger yachts. Immediately noticeable are the numerous opening windows providing 360 degree visibility and exceptional natural ventilation. The pilothouse is also fully air conditioned. To starboard is a comfortable large L-shaped seating area. The helm itself is centerline with one helm chair. To port is a large chart table. An aft door leads to the spacious upper aft deck. Extensive storage under instrument panels, seats and port cabinets
- Electronics & Helm
- Two Garmin 5215 chart plotters ICOM MC 27 VHF Two Horizon depth sounders SEA 235 SSB Garmin radar HD Cetek autopilot 8 Solar panels JRC GPS-J-NAV 500 Garmin GPS 182c Horizon wind and speed gauges Battery monitor Ritchie compass and inclinator Searchlight
- Deck Equipment Two Lewmar 3000 windlasses Two ARCO 60 ST winches with aft anchor fairleads Two 110 lbs. Bruce anchors Two additional anchors: 48 lbs. each Two 350 ft. chain/rope rodes Two 1,000 lb. davits (one powered) Tender 13' Livingston catamaran tender w/ 25 hp two-stroke Yamaha Yamaha 15 hp four stroke spare outboard
- Aft Deck
- The aft deck is a full-beam area for many of the outside activities of the yacht. It is covered with a loose suncover for cruising in tropical waters. The catamaran tender is set on aft deck for offshore passages and is carried behind the aft deck in port and lifted by means of a powered crane. The forward portion of the covered aft deck consists of a dinette seating six people to starboard and to port, a U-shaped work area consisting of work bench with storage below, top-loading refrigerator and freezer, large sink and counter space. Outboard port is a flat space where a large berth can be made up.
- Twin Cummins 210 hp diesels with V-drives 7.5 KW Kubota generator 1306 hrs. SMOH Evolution system drives Fuel polishing system with 160 gal. day tank Two new 180 amp, 24V alternators 1,000 amp AH Rolls batteries, 24V 4 kW Heart charger/Inverter Three 16,500 BTU air conditioners Village Marine watermaker (20 gph) Fuel burn 3 nm/gal @ 9 knots; 1 nm/gal @ 16 knots; 20 knots max
- Full set of equipment manuals in files onboard Two refrigeration boxes Two freezers Two propane water heaters Aft deck awning Gasoline tank, 50 gal. Four propane tanks in locker with drainage Six fire extinguishers Man overboard pole and light Two life rings (one with recovery line)
- SUHAILI is truly a custom yacht, and is one of the best thought out and spacious yachts in her size range and her owner has improved its systems reliability and onboard liveability. Besides the obvious benefit of a wide beam and excellent stability, SUHAILI offers unheard of efficiency with modest power requirements." Malcolm Tennant is a world renowned catamaran designer who designed SUHAILI with a stepped hull configuration, where the boat runs on a narrow hull with the added buoyancy of a larger hull above the waterline. SUHAILI is the ideal platform for a go anywhere self-contained vessel, capable of reaching far away destinations without high fuel costs. The shallow draft affords protection inside atolls in the Pacific, and the shallow waters of the Bahamas. For any potential buyer looking for a very efficient, private vessel or charter boat, for cruising US waters, the Mediterranean, Caribbean South America and the Pacific, SUHAILI is a vessel well worth considering for adventurous mariners.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.