- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Grand Banks are known for their beauty and high quality. Here are a few things that make SOFT LANDING stand out from the others:
- Galley Up with Two Spacious Staterooms – each with it’s own private head and separate stall showers. Located at separate ends of the boat complete privacy is assured unlike Europa’s where cabins are bunched together.
- Long Range Cruising – SOFT LANDING’s 800 GPD water maker, two refrigerators, separate freezer, ice-maker and cooler, increased battery capacity and fuel efficiency make her ideal for long cruises to out-of-the-way places and anchoring out.
- Fingertip Controls – Morse electronic controls and bow thruster make docking Soft Landing a non-stressful experience. Once you experience the ease of using electronic controls, you will not want to ever return to hydraulic controls.
- Beauty – Grand Banks yachts are known for their fine interior woodwork, but SOFT LANDING is special with over $100,000 in additional cabinets and woodwork over standard GB’s.
- New Electronic Gear – In May, 2013 the chartplotters (up and down) and radar were replaced with new Garmin waterproof 4212’s and 4 KW digital radar with 48 NM reach.
- Speed and Economy – At 1200 RPM or 8.2 knots, SOFT LANDINGS twin 450 hp CAT engines burn only 5 gph yet when additional speed is needed to make a bridge opening or race to safety, she can do speeds up to 18 knots.
Improvements completed Fall, 2013:
- All exterior varnish stripped and 10 coats varnish applied
- Engine room detailed
- Interior detailed and Ultrasuede upholstery steam cleaned
- Compound and wax all fiberglass
- Engines serviced
- CAT 1000 hour service done 2012
- Decks cleaned
- New Bottom Paint - November 2013
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Soft Landing is a custom Grand Banks 46 Classic galley up. The vessel has a very special layout, that makes her ideal for two cruising couples and can accommodate young children as well with two extra berths, one in each stateroom. She has lots of floor space, much more ventilation than usually found on boats of this type and tons of storage space. The galley on port has been extended all the way forward and includes two under counter refrigerators, lots of counter space and abundant drawer and cabinet storage. A lower helm station is on starboard and offers an adjustable two person helm bench seat. The saloon has three Hunter Green upholstered Ultrasuede settee’s plus two teak armed dining chairs that pull up to a large fixed dining table with drop-down leaves. There is also an entertainment/office area on the port aft bulkhead with slide out computer desk. Forward and four steps down is the guest “suite” with lots of storage and floor space. This area normally offers two cabins but has been reconfigured into one spacious stateroom with an enlarged V-Berth forward and a child’s berth over the additional hanging locker aft. The aft bulkhead has a separate flush mounted freezer and large doored storage locker. The guest head is en-suite and has a stacked separate washer and dryer and hanging “wet” locker. The Master Stateroom is aft and has the split berth plan with a large double berth to starboard and large single berth to port. This opens up the middle floor space for dressing, yoga or space for playful grandchildren. There is a very large bureau aft and a walk-in hanging locker. The head is en-suite and has a separate stall shower. SALOON L-settee upholstered in Hunter Green Ultra suede with corner end table top Port single settee with lift-up hinged back for easy storage access Custom pull out computer desk – stores away inside port aft cabinet Teak fixed dining table with hinged lift-up leaves with bar storage drawer and labeled plastic containers (2) large drawers under starboard settee (2) Hunter Green Ultra suede upholstered armed dining chairs (3) Grand Banks directional reading lights – stainless steel MarineAir reverse cycle air conditioning digital control (5) large windows with (3) openings Teak overhead hand grab rail Teak end table 12V corner overhead fan Intercom system Small sole hatch with lift out tray designed to be used as a recessed "dust pan" SALOON ENTERTAINMENT CENTER Entertainment center on aft port with: Custom pull out computer desk Drop-down Sharp Aquos flat screen TV mounted on custom fold-up bracket Panasonic 4 head Hi Fi stereo Omnivision VHS player combined with DVD player Clarion stereo with single CD player Clarion 6 disc CD player (2) Clarion overhead mounted speakers Custom book shelf Teak louvered doors with (2) built in pull out drawers Drawer for remotes, etc. Sony Digital SAT receiver KVH TracVision G4 Sat TV system Hi-Gain cellular phone antenna with booster KVH Tracphone 252 KVH Trac Net 2.0 wireless network Internet/Email (underway or at anchor) GALLEY Force 10 Marine LPG range with (4) burners and oven (2) Grunert holding plate refrigerators – 110 volt Grunert holding plate freezer in forward stateroom – 110 volt U-Line refrigerator/ ice-maker under helm seat (8) Galley drawers (3) custom slide out drawers above counter top Vented doored cabinet for microwave (removed) or toaster oven (2) drop down dish lockers Oversized single stainless steel sink Grohe faucet Sea Gull II water purification system Slide out “bread board” (6) large drawers Tip-out trash container Shelved cabinet under sink Exhaust fan vented to outside Custom manual can crusher (2) large opening window with screens and shades LOWER HELM (2) – person adjustable teak helm bench with lift-up teak footrest Teak Grand Banks steering wheel Garmin 4212 GPS/radar/depth combined unit flush mounted in swivel himalaya Simrad AP 20 autopilot Icom IC-M127 VHF radio with remote mic (3) Simrad IS15 NMEA repeaters – displays depth, speed, temperature, heading and GPS information Richie Powerdamp Magnetic compass Sidepower bow thruster control Morse electronic engine controls Fireboy auto/manual fire control system Xintex propane/CNG S-2A Fume Detector and control system VDO engine gauges VDO rudder angle indicator Grand Banks windlass control panel and breaker Bennett trim tab controls DC fan Chart light (3) windshield wiper/washer controls Sea Recovery water maker auto flush control system Furuno NavTec NX 500 Weather Fax (aft cabin) Grand Banks alarm panel with bilge pump monitors Engine synchronizer switch Comptank fuel/water/voltage monitor ELECTRICAL Onan 9 kW generator in sound shield Trace inverter/charger control panel Professional Mariner DC voltage monitor Heart Interface Link 20 battery status monitor for inverter batteries (3) MarineAir air conditioning units with reverse cycle heat, remote mounted compressors in engine room for quieter operation 50 amp power 110V AC 12V DC Charles AC voltage surge suppressor NAV PAC DC voltage surge suppressor GUEST STATEROOM “SUITE” V-Berth forward on raised platform with drawer and reach-in storage under berths Framed mirror on forward bulkhead Anchor locker cabinet door (2) custom teak shelves mounted on forward hull side “ceiling” (2) smaller custom teak shelves mounted aft on aft hull side “ceiling” (2) Grand Banks adjustable reading lights – stainless steel Smaller full length cedar lined hanging locker forward (2) DC fans (2) hatches with Ocean Air shade/screens Full length beveled mirror – teak framed Built-in ladder (flush mounted) for access to child’s berth over second large shelved hanging locker with (5) stacked drawers Grunert holding plate freezer built into aft bulkhead Large doored storage area in companionway on port Engine room access door – access also through salon sole hatch (3) opening stainless steel ports with shades GUEST EN SUITE HEAD Vacuflush fresh water toilet with on/off switch Separate stall shower with teak grate and sump pump Tankwatch 4 holding tank level monitor (2) teak framed beveled mirrors DC fan Opening stainless steel port with shade Whirlpool separate washer and dryer in stacked cabinet Shelved wet hanging locker with teak grate and drain, articulated makeup mirror Overhead hatch with OceanAire shade/screen Faux marble counter and sink Grohe faucet in shower (handheld) and at sink Acrylic Bi-fold shower door AFT MASTER SUITE Double berth on starboard with full size chart drawer and (2) large drawers underneath Single berth on port with full size chart drawer and (2) large drawers underneath Full length teak framed beveled mirror on forward bulkhead Large bureau with (5) large drawers center aft (2) night stands each with (3) drawers inboard of berths Very large spacious dressing area between berths Large walk-in hanging locker with (2) louvered doors. Built-in storage cabinets on port length of full size berth (2) DC fans (7) opening stainless steel ports with shades MASTER EN SUITE HEAD Large separate stall shower with teak grate and sump pump Acrylic bi-fold shower door Grohe fixtures in shower (hand held) and at sink Faux marble counter and sink 12V exhaust blower Air conditioning vent Custom teak toothbrush/soap/shelf (3) large drawers (2) doored reach in storage cabinets Large teak framed beveled mirror DC fan Articulating make-up mirror Vacuflush fresh water toilet with on/off switch Tankwatch 4 holding tank monitor ENGINE ROOM Twin 450 hp Caterpillar 3126B engines ZF 280A transmissions Aqua Drive anti vibration drive system Aqualoy 22 high strength shafts Dura Max dripless draft seals 4 Blade Nibral props Spur line cutters Dual Racor 75/900 max fuel filters on mains Dual Racor 500 filters for generator Sea Recovery 800 GPD water maker Reverso oil change system for mains and generator 9 kW Onan generator with sound shield Pathmaker Auto Battery switching AGM 8-D batteries Grunert holding plate refrigerator/freezer compressor Force 10 stainless steel 18 gallon hot water heater with engine manifold system Fireboy Clean Agent Fire Control System Professional Mariner Promatic 50-3 battery charger (2) 12K BTU and (1) 16K BTU MarineAir air conditioner compressors Bilge Buster Ozone air treatment system 110 V Florescent AC lighting DC lighting (4) DC fans Whale Gusher emergency bilge pump Off-set fuel fills mounted at top sides of fuel tanks Tanks are in excellent condition and tops are visible FLYBRIDGE Garmin 4212 GPS/radar/depth in custom fiberglass (3) Simrad 1515 Multi Display units Himalaya Simrad AP20 autopilot ICOM IC-M127 VHF radio Airphone Intercom system Richie Powerdamp compass Bennett trim tabs Sidepower bow thruster Morse Electronic Engine control with synchronizer (2) Jensen stereo speakers Computank tank monitor with alarm Fireboy engine shut down Stainless steel ship’s wheel Custom chart box to protect charts Double STIDD helm chair with canvas cover Fore and aft port bench seats Aft facing starboard bench seat behind STIDD Frigibar refrigerator/freezer with cushion Canvas Bimini top and weather cloths Special rig for easy lowering of mast to Bimini height to get under low bridges Custom mast height of 21’ above waterline Teak deck DECK Boss 12’ tender with center console Yamaha 25 hp 4-stroke Marquipt 800 lb Davit Custom stainless steel rails Fiberglass deck storage box Aluminum propane tank with cover Lofrans Tigres 120 W windlass (3) stations upper & lower helms, flybridge (2) heavy duty stainless steel double anchor rollers 44 lb stainless steel Bruce anchor (3/8 BBB chain to rope rode) 55 lb stainless steel Delta anchor (3/8 BBB all chain rode) 50 amp power service fore and aft Cable/phone inlet fore and aft Fresh water washdown – fore Salt water washdown – fore Freshwater cockpit shower, hot and cold Loudhailer Oversized stainless steel cleats Deck courtesy lighting 50’ power cord – 50 amp Rail guard New Bottom Paint November 2013 BROKER’S COMMENTS SOFT LANDING was initially built by a very experienced yachtsman that added many custom features not found in other Grand Banks. These were done to make her the ultimate cruising yacht for a couple with adult children. She has two “suites” each designed for a family of three. Her galley up is well thought out and offers tremendous storage as does the saloon's arrangement of settees. Her entertainment center is compact and extremely well designed offering a fold-out computer desk and drawers. The engine room has been detailed, the engines have been serviced and are up to date with CAT recommended maintenance. She's been waxed, varnished, cleaned and she's ready for her next owner. This vessel is one of a kind and well thought out.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.