The J/130 is the live-aboard, cruising version of the most exciting and innovative sailing concept of the past 60 years. J/Boats has taken the best of comfortable cruising design, combined it with the best of high performance racing design, then added a unique asymmetrical spinnaker for improved downwind performance. Yes, the J/130's America's Cup type asymmetric spinnaker is set from a 7.0 foot carbon-fiber, retractable J/Sprit. Jibing is easy with nobody on the foredeck. Simply let out one sheet and pull in the other. The tack remains attached to the sprit at all times. With one side tied down, the sail is more stable. Wild oscillations are avoided.
- Builder: Tillotson Pearson Designer: Johnstone
- LOA: 42.8 LWL: 38.2 Beam: 12.82 Displacement: 15,000 Draft: 8.5 Ballast: 6,750
- Engine(s): Yanmar Engine(s) HP: 47 turbo diesel Engine Model: 3GM
- Fuel: 30 gallons Water: 60 gallons Holding: 20 gallons
- Trophies Won
- OYC Coastal series OYC Twilight series Numerous others
- Racing Gear
- Seven Lewmar self tailing winches Light spinnaker sheets Heavy spinnaker sheets Hydraulic back stay adjuster Rigid vang and internal boom outhaul and reefing lines Cunningham tackle Carbon 7.5' sprit with all control lines Duel tack lines Duel jib and duel spinnaker halyards Harken Mark IV, unit 2 Genoa furler; new rod headstay in 2010 Harken mast rack with 13 cars All deck blocks refurbished by Harken 2010; all running gear and clutches in excellent condition. Five (5) winch handles; two bow deck cleat cover blocks to prevent line jams Tack Tick wireless Micronet multi-function sailing instrument package with hand held remote Three blade stainless steel folding prop Hiking lifeline cushion, new life lines in 2011
- Laminate, carbon, Kevlar laminated main, good 2008 Laminate load path 155% genoa used two seasons, good 3/4 oz A2 (asymmetrical spinnaker 2300 sq ft. w. graphic, excellent) Kevlar Blade jib with battans, not used by current owner, light winds here. Very good 1/2 oz, Asym. Runner, 2400 sq ft.fair .75 oz 1650 sq ft. asym, (smaller reacher) red, good 2008 Code Zero asym. 50 degrees apparent, excellent Delivery 150 carbon genoa with uv cover, excellent Cruising 120 with over cover and foam luff for reefing, good Spinnaker staysail, excellent, used three times
- Cruising Gear
- Digital battery monitor Engine drive frig compressor and 120 v. frig system High output, 126 amp, alternator Heart 2000 watt inverter and 100 amp charger Galvanic isolator 5" berth cushions; custom cockpit cushions Dodger, Bimini, and various shade canvas and boat covers Engine spares e.g. filters, impellers, start motor, alternator Lewmar low profile Windlass, removable bow roller anchor, chain and rode Five batteries, total of 475 amp hours; three currently installed for racing Four fixed and two 12v. movable fans
- Garmin GPS chartplotter at Nav station Furuno Navnet radar and Chartplotter at Helm Standard horizon VHF Radio with AIS Tack Tick wireless racing instruments including NMEA interface to GPS Cockpit RAM mic AIS receiver integrated with Furuno chartplotter at helm Handheld VHF radio Stereo with Sirius satellite receiver Autohelm 6000 auto pilot
- Other Items
- New Isotemp hot water tank 2011, 110v and engine heated Additional bladder water tank, total tank capacity is 105 gallons. Custom leather 60" racing wheel cover and canvas Eight drink holders. Five winch handle holders Emergency tiller LED cabin and running lights Biologic filter on galley foot pump Stern shower Four large fenders and numerous dock lines Wood plugs, flares, life sling, lifting tackle, jack lines and other safety gear Spare hose, filters, impellers, injectors and misc. engine parts Magna BBQ Aluminum radar reflector 2012 new Lewmar deck hatch over head; replaced headliner in head 2011 replaced head liner in forward berth
- Note: Owners personal items "NOT" included in this purchase. The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.