- 21 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Outboard 4 Stroke
POGO 2 USA 806 "TEAM OPEN SAILING"
The Pogo 2 is the benchmark in the Mini 6.50 racing world. Since the boat was designed (2003) by famous Naval Architect Group FINOT-CONQ, the Pogo 2 has simply won all offshore races sanctioned by the International Mini Class Association. The Pogo 2 is simply a lot more than a 21 foot sailboat. Designed under strict box rules to be singlehanded and built to sail offshore in the roughest conditions, the Pogo 2 will take you safely to Hawaii and beyond. This being said, because you can do so much with the boat, you can also sail around the buoy with friends, or simply take the boat for some pocket cruising with the family. In fact, the boat can sleep 4 down below, and because of its wide beam (10 feet) you will also enjoy sailing with friends on deck.
This Pogo 2, USA 806, aka "TEAM OPEN SAILING" was built late 2010 and was first launched out of Los Angeles, CA early 2011. The boat was used lightly in 2011 for promotion (very little racing). In 2012, Jerome Sammarcelli, owner of OPEN SAILING campaigned the boat and participated in the 2012 Singlehanded Transpac, 2,200nm from San Francisco to Hawaii. This Pogo 2 is a little more than the other boats. For Open Sailing, it was a "showroom", allowing the builder to promote the boat and many accessories. This Pogo 2 is loaded with extra features, including a complete NKE autopilot package, multiple displays, wifi for navigation software, fuel cell for long distance races, solar panel and a complete set of racing sails (including 2 brand new spinnakers).
The boat has always been extremely well maintained. New antifouling paint was sprayed in November 2013 (black on the hull and orange on the rudders).
Team Open Sailing has a unique look, with custom stickers, sponsors (easy to remove for the new owner) but also custom red paint on the spars (mast, boom and bowsprit). Rudders have been over-hauled in Fall 2013 and the carbon steering tubings have been painted in red also to match the spars.
Currently, in Southern California, there are another 5 other Minis. In 2014, with a great offshore racing calendar in place, the new owner will be able to race in a fleet of 6-9 Mini 6.50s which offer great one design battles. Currently, Team Open Sailing is the boat to beat, having finished ahead of any other Minis on the west coast.
The boat would also make a great day-sailor for anybody looking to just enjoy the open ocean during the weekends. Or you could join the growing local fleet and test your skills on the water against some very talented competitors. This boat is offshore ready and if your up to the challenge 806 is ready for a Pacific crossing to Hawaii!
The owner is flexible and if you think the boat is over-equipped for your sailing objectives, the price could be reduced by removing some of the accessories, sails or electronics.
- Hull, Deck, and Foils
- Vinyl-ester resin construction below waterline Primer epoxy barrier and Proline black antifouling paint. New November 2013. Orange antifouling paint on rudders (class mini requirement for offshore racing) - New November 2013. White gelcoat on hull with custom sponsors vinyl stickers. #806 painted on deck and sticker on each side of the bow (class mini requirement for offshore racing)
- Running Rigging
- Complete Set of Halyards - masthead spinnaker, fractional spinnaker, main sail, & genoa Complete kit for running rigging on deck - including sheets for spinnaker & genoa, new runner 2013 Additional fine tune for Running Backstays Additional Reefing kit for genoa - including tack line, reefing sheets, & low friction rings Additional Vertical Bowsprit Adjustment - including new Guys 2012 Additional Tweakers for Code 0 Halyard Snuffers - to keep halyards our of the sun New Rope Clutches Upgrade - 11 new textile rope clutches!!
- Spars & Standing Rigging
- Z Spars (US Spars in NA) Mast: includes VHF Antenna Wind Indicator LED Tricolor lights NKE Wind Transducer Z Spars (US Spars in NA) Boom: Includes 3 reef lines & Outhaul Z Spars (US Spars in NA) Bowsprit Running Backstays: Including cables & fine tune in cockpit Shrouds: upper, intermediate, & lower Headstay and Babystay
- 2011 UK Sailmakers - Square Top Main - 6.5oz HTP+, 3 reefs, fully battened, 275sqft 2011 UK Sailmakers - Genoa - Med. Pentex Laminate, w/ reef - 192sqft 2011 UK Sailmakers - Code 2 - Masthead Asymmetrical Spinnaker, light 0.75 oz, 772sqft * LIKE NEW - 2013 UK Sailmakers - Code 3 - Fractional Asymmetrical Spin., Med. 0.9oz, 680sqft * LIKE NEW - 2013 UK Sailmakers - Code 5 - Fractional Asymmetrical Spin, Heavy 1.3oz, 580sqft 2011 UK Sailmakers - Code 0 - Racing Laminate Genaker, Vectran Rope Luff, 310sqft ProFurl NEX 0.9 Code 0 Furling Kit - Includes drum, top swivel, continuous furling line * NEW - 2011 UK Sailmakers Storm Jib - Orange Dacron. 8.3 oz, 1 reef (never used)
- Pogo 2 NKE Package w/ Autopilot: Depth Sensor Paddlewheel Sensor Wind Speed / Direction Type 40 Gyropilot Gyrographic display Additional NKE Options: True Wind / SOG Gyropilot Upgrade Multifunction Display High Frequency GPS Antenna - with high resolution SOG for better accuracy Gyropilot Wireless Remote Package Regatta Compass (2013), w/ 3 axis gyro stabilization and improved performance Multigraphic Color Display (2013), Mounted on custom articulating carbon bracket Wifi / NMEA Output (2013), allowing instrument data accessed wirelessly by a laptop / tablet / smartphone 2 x B116 Compass w/ Sun Cover Standard Horizon Matrix AIS+ GX2100 VHF Radio / AIS Display, Black RC 10 AIS Receiver - w/ separate antenna, wired so targets/alarms appear on VHF & NKE Displays 3' Mast Head Antenna Mast Head Tri Color LED Navigation Light MerVeille Radar Detector Garmin GPS 152H - Mounted on custom bracket for visibility inside & outside Premium Electrical Panel: 6 switches, red/white cabin light 2 x AGM 12V Batteries, Group 31, 105 Ah each 12V Cigarette Lighter for powering accessories, USB compatible Vitron Energy Precision Battery Monitor
- 100 Watts Flexible Solar Panel mounted on transom with charging controllers EFOY 900 !!! provides 900 W (75 Ah) charging capacity per day 1 x M10 Fuel Cartridge 11.1 kW of fuel
- Additional Accessories
- Antal Low Friction Rings Upgrade - lighter hardware with no moving parts for reliability Rope Clutches Upgrade - 11 new textiles rope clutches, w/ less abrasion and more control of halyards and guys Life Line Back Rest Outboard Brackets Rope Bags by Outils Ocean - new in 2013, 5 total Kit for Vertical Bowsprit Adjuster Davis Wind Indicator Lazy Jacks / Jack Lines Boom Tent - Custom, made by HARKEN Canvas. New Reinforced Dual Rudder Brackets New Upgraded Carbon Fiber Tiller and Tiller Extensions
- Interior Accessories
- Interior Canvas Custom multi pocket organizer Storage Pockets with windows on mast & companionway Dyneema Stacking / Hanging Lines around perimeter of interior Anchor Box Cabin Lights - Red / White LED Red Vinyl Upholstery - two V-berth cushions & two aft bunk cushions Stove Bracket - custom gimbaled stove bracket Ramp for Liferaft
- Architect: Finot / Conq Group Builder: Open Sailing
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.