- 56 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- FWC 6 cylinder
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
OFFERED FOR CASH ONLY, NO LEASE-PURCHASE
Final Frontier was built by Victory Marine in Fort Lauderdale, FL, as a heavy, full displacement trawler whose original design was a commercial treasure salvage/dive platform. When the last owner purchased her, all rigging and cabins, except the pilothouse, were removed and replaced to plans drawn by naval architect Jay Benford of Benford Design Group in St. Michaels, Md to convert her to a 'go anywhere' yacht. The engine, hull, running gear and equipment are heavy duty and commercial quality. The wiring, plumbing, and all accessory systems have been replaced to high marine standards. The engine runs like new with virtually no smoke at start-up. Her interior is bright and airy with lots of windows and shows virtually "As New".
This is an excellent opportunity to purchase a live-aboard/cruising trawler at an exceptional price!!
- 'Final Frontier' has thick-pile carpeting throughout installed April 2011 . Beautiful wood trim accents the bright modern interior.. Double doors aft provide easy entry and 10 opening salon windows ensure great ventilation. The salon decor is perfect for the island lifestyle. The fully equipped U-Shaped galley is to starboard with a breakfast bar island and two stools.. Forward of this area is an on deck head with electric toilet, wash basin, and a stand-up shower with stainless metal flooring. Salon headroom is 7' +, and the lower deck/stateroom offers 6' to 7'. The raised pilothouse is forward and can be closed off for all business operation underway . There is a comfortable raised L-shaped settee with cushions. The pilot berth is aft of the settee and table, and an upgraded feature are the Dutch Doors which provide great ventilation while underway. Pilothouse headroom is 6'8 +. The lower deck features a full beam engine room and work area. The refurbished full beam 'bonus room' amidships can be used for endless possibilities such as another stateroom or office. The master cabin forward has a large queen berth to starboard with a dream foam mattress and plenty of storage below. Forward is the second head with manual toilet, a wash basin and separate stand-up shower. The entire lower deck features (8) opening bronze perko portholes. Storage is massive under the salon and in the large lazzerette.
- Full Size GE Refrigerator/Freezer w/ Icemaker Full Size Kitchen Aide Dishwasher Force 10 Two Burner Electric Stove Microwave/Convection Oven Deep Double Stainless Steel Sink w/Spray Handle Pressure Hot & Cold Water Easy Maintenance Black Formica Countertops Non-Skid Flooring Tons of Storage - 12 Cabinets / 4 Large Drawers Overhead Flourescent Lighting
- Raymarine C80 Chartplotter interfaced w/ Radar (2008) Raymarine RD424 4Kw Radar (2008) Furuno GP30 Nav/GPS Humminbird Depthfinder Icom IC M45 VHF Icom IC 706 VHF/HF/HAM RADIO SGC Commercial Marine SSB w/ 23' antenna Cetec Benmar CS21 Autopilot Wired for Iridium SAT phone w/ antenna Ritchie 8" Compass Raymarine ST40 Wind Speed Raymarine ST 60 Rudder Angle Indicator Large Commercial Spotlight Twin Air Horns w/ 12V Compressor and Tank Weems & Plath Wall Clock
- ROLLS ROYCE 250 HP COMMERCIAL 6CYL. FWC DIESEL- 5,200 Hours WESTERBEKE 7.7KW GENERATOR - 3,800 Hours The reliable 250hp Rolls Royce Diesel runs smooth and quiet , Commercially rated and designed for continuous duty service with an expected lifespan of 20,000 hours. The transmission is a Twin Disk with 4.5 to 1 gear reduction swinging a 4 blade 44" prop and a 2 1/2" shaft. This gives an easy cruise of 8 knots and a top end of 10 knots . Steering is hydraulic with a commercial Wagner T-Ram. The engine has a back-up manual pneumatic starter in case of low battery or DC starter failure. The engine room is full stand-up with a walk around engine. Nice features are a built-in 10 drawer tool box, large work bench with vice, and a wash basin. The AC/DC electrical systems and all wiring installations have been continuously upgraded to proper marine standards. Two electrical panels are equipped with circuit breakers and correct polarity . The AC outlets have (GFCI) ground fault circuit interrupters. The 8D starting battery, 2 8D house batteries and generator battery are all properly secured in acid proof containers with terminal covers. (2) Paneltronics 12V/110V Xantrex Link 10DC monitor 2000W Inverter 110 amp DC Battery Charger Consta-amp-6 Dual output trickle charger for start and gen batteries (2) 30 amp shore power conections Reverse Cycle AC/Heat 16,000 BTU in salon Window Style AC in pilothouse ( not visible from outside as is inside stack ) Large Holding tank w/macerator for overboard option (3) Dry chemical fire extinguishers, (3) CO2 Detectors, (3) Smoke Detectors Complete engine and generator manuals from operation to rebuild Manuals for most onboard equipment Detailed drawings of all systems made by an engineer who installed them
- The hull of 'Final Frontier' is an original composite structure with a 2 " solid mahogany core. Constructed with 2" by 2" mahogany planks then laminated with a 1/2 " fiberglass coating on the interior and 1/2" of fiberglass and epoxy on the exterior. The exterior fiberglass laminate was professionally removed and replaced in 2000. The bottom of the keel has a 50' steel H -Beam fastened then laminated to its bottom for protection and stability. There is pig iron encapsulated in concrete for ballast. She is a soft chine, full displacement design with a full keel and and a shoe connecting the keel to the rudder. This allows for maximum wheel protection and improved steering. Boat is very maneuverable and turns in a very tight radius. The boat deck above the salon is approximately 18' x 28' and designed to hold large tenders. The cambered laminated Douglas Fir beams for this deck are 5" thick and was built to accommodate a davit and large tender. Final Frontier completed a 17 year modernization and reconstruction process in 2010, She is built to high standards using top quality materials. She has been successfully cruised for the past several years in the Middle and North Atlantic states. She was brought to Florida on her own bottom to be sold.
- Brokers Remarks
- Final Frontier has recently completed an extensive interior remodeling with all new cabinets, flooring, wall treatments and hardwood trim. She shows like a new boat on the main deck level. She is very bright and airy with excellent visibility through her numerous large windows. This is a very capable long range cruiser with a superior low RPM diesel engine and plenty of fuel. Owner reports a fuel burn of 3-4 GPH at 1500 RPM's making 8 knots. She is well air conditioned, and has a usable electronics package for long range navigation. Built to heavy commercial standards and extensively cruised by her previous owner, this is a great value for someone looking for either a blue water trawler at an exceptional price, or someone seeking a great live-aboard cruiser. This boat is owned by AMI Kids charity and offered as an outright sale. Help a worthwhile cause and buy a great boat, what a perfect opportunity. Boat was delivered form the Chesapeake to Florida in the spring of 2012 with no mechanical issues reported. This boat is ready to take you cruising.
- Featuring full covered walk around decks in fiberglass non-skid and and aft overhang for all weather protection. Her boat deck is reinforced and capable of handling a very large tender. Lofrans Windlass - 1,500w 12V 140lb CQR plow anchor w/ 200' of 1/2" chain ( anchor in any storm) 65lb Danforth anchor On-Deck Anchor Wash Fresh Water Shore Hook-up (2) Jim Bouy Throw Rings Mounted on House Sides
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Central Agent Roger S. Cole CPYB 727.460.0228 firstname.lastname@example.org