DOROTHY M is a fine example of the classic traditional full keel yachts designed by Ted Hood and built by Bristol. The keel/centerboard arrangement allows for a 4’ draft with the centerboard up, 7’4” with the board down for good upwind performance. These heavily constructed fiberglass boats were built for cruising and to going to sea.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Sleeps six/seven. Two in large forward v-berth with insert for full width berth; two in main salon double, one in main salon single; one in quarter berth port side aft of navigation station, last one in pipe berth. Head is on port side, aft of v-berth. Head, sink and shower with separate access to forward stateroom and main salon. Custom bar and glass rack behind folding main salon table. Galley is located starboard aft of settee. Teak and holly sole. Large double entry hanging locker starboard, across from head. Custom louvered mahogany cabinets over settees in main salon and over V-berth and quarter berth. Custom mahogany closed cabinets behind settees in main cabin. Drawers beneath V-berth, port and starboard.
- Main Salon
- Main salon features large comfortable layout. Drop down table from forward bulkhead provides plenty of seating for entertaining dinner guests. Storage is located behind table. Dickinson heater provides comfort for those cold fall and early spring days so you can extend the seasons. Pull out berth on port side can be used as a double. Pipe berth on starboard side provides maximum comfort for offshore sailing. Plenty of storage and drawers around settees. Fuel powered lantern for quiet lighting. Barometer on bulkhead for weather forecasting. Stereo system installed for entertainment. Curtains included on all ports for privacy. Mahogany finish is in very good condition and shows well. Large hanging locker on starboard side.
- Top loading ice box with new insulation. 3 burner Shipmate alcohol stove and oven w/ broiler on gimbals. Single stainless sink with hot and cold pressure water. Manual hand pump. Lots of storage behind sliders and in drawers.
- Navigation Station
- Located on port side aft with quarterberth located behind. VHF radio and flexible nav light. Storage for charts under table. Plenty more storage in lockers and drawers in surrounding area.
- Features two removable custom tables. One large table for outdoor dining and a smaller cocktail style table.
- Two S/S vents forward on bow. Two large cleats for mooring or docking. Two anchor rode fittings and one Danforth anchor. One large hatch over V-berth area and two dorade boxes for ventilation. Whisker pole stowed on deck. S/S vent for heater amidship. Another large hatch over main salon. Two spring line cleats. Bimini and dodger mounted on deck. Vents on aft deck for engine and locker. S/S winches for jib sheet on combing.
- Electronics & Helm
- Custom steering wheel at helm station. Binnacle mounted compass. Emergency bilge pump behind helm seat. Main sheet and traveller controls next to helm.
- Electrical & Mechanical
- Depth and knotmeter located in starboard bulkhead. VHF in nav area.
- Mechanical Disclaimer
- * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.