- 53 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- GM 8V-71N
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
"SUZANNE MARIE” is an absolutely beautiful example of this classic and timeless Jack Hargrave design. The large interior volume and practical arrangement plan have made the Hatteras 53 the most successful medium sized motor yacht ever built to date.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- The entrance into the salon can be from either side, through sliding doors. The salon is spacious, with surrounding windows that allow in natural lighting. The salon is furnished with a sofa to port and recliner to starboard and several end tables and lamps. Aft of the salon there are double doors to a very large aft deck with ample seating, which is enclosed with Eisenglass and has a wet bar to the port side. There is a ladder to the flybridge from the aft deck. The flybridge has two chairs mounted at the helm, with all of the necessary engine controls and instruments. The lower helm station is located forward of the salon, in pilothouse fashion. To the starboard side, there is a spiral staircase down to the lower level. The galley has full size appliances with all the space you need to create wonderful meals for your guests and a convertible dinette to starboard. Forward is a private cabin with lower and upper berths and an ensuite head with shower. Aft of the galley on the port and starboard sides are the engine rooms with great engine access. Further aft is the private guest stateroom, with two single berths and furthest aft is the master stateroom, with two single berths and a large hanging closet. There are two complete side by side heads with a shared stall shower for the two private aft cabins.
- Main Salon
- The main salon is beautifully decorated and has had many updates including new cherry wood flooring. At the helm is a custom cabinet with storage and a flat screen TV mounted on top for convenient viewing. Very comfortably arranged with a couch and end table to port and a recliner to starboard. Teak wood interior Updated window treatment 3 drawer cabinet and tables with lamps Double doors to aft deck Air conditioning and heat Curved stairway to galley Flat screen TV Sliding side windows Sliding side doors port and starboard Lower helm with electronics and controls Cherry wood floor Large couch and recliner
- The galley is down with excellent storage and updated appliances. New appliances installed in 2007 include a full size Frigidaire stove and oven, large Maytag refrigerator, and GE microwave. Beautiful quartz counter top was installed in 2013. Quartz counter top in mocha, cream and beige installed 2013 Custom African mahogany galley dinette table installed 2013 Hardwood flooring installed 2013 Kenmore washer/dryer installed 2008 Dinette seating for four Custom tiled back splash above stove Ample under counter storage Port and starboard sliding windows over dinette and sink
- Bow Stateroom
- The bow stateroom has upper and lower berths with drawers under lower berth. Looks great with updated fabrics and wall covering. Private head with shower, sink and quartz countertops. Drawers under berth and in bulkhead opposite berths Rope storage locker Portlights and screened opening hatch Lamp Private head and shower
- Guest Stateroom
- Guest stateroom has twin berths with beautiful bunk covers and drapes. Mirrored forward bulkhead adds light to the room and the chest of drawers between the beds provides ample storage. Portlights Drawers under berth Direct access to head and shower with quartz counter tops Teak wood work New drapes and bunk covers Air conditioning and heat
- Master Stateroom
- Master stateroom has twin beds, large hanging locker, chest of drawers, and drawer storage under berths. Very attractive with new bunk covers and drapes. Teak wood interior Air conditioning and heat Bifold hanging locker Two lamps Opening screen hatch Port and starboard port lights Chest of drawers New bunk covers and drapes New quartz counter tops in head
- Aft deck wet bar and ice maker Fiberglass swim platform Aft Eisenglass enclosure Hull painted in 2004 Marble countertops aft deck Aft deck wicker and glass table with seven chairs Aft deck TV Wing doors to aft deck Two dunnage boxes forward Pulpit and chain windlass Extra anchor Marquipt style ladder and stairs Teak hand rail Custom flybridge console for electronics New bimini top Recently recovered two flybridge helm seats Radar arch Outside window frames updated, painted with Awlgrip Exterior bright work done twice yearly Dockside water connections
- Electronics & Helm
- Uniden UM 525 VHF Standard Horizon VHF Garmin 3006C chart plotter Raytheon ST 5000 Autopilot Standard Horizon depth sounder Glendenning synchronizer
- Two banks of marine 32v batteries, new 2013 Battery charger Battery paralleling system 120v and 240v ships service 32v and 120v lighting Electrical control panel with 32, 120, and 240 v circuit breakers Navigation lights 15KW generator rebuilt in 2004
- Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- GM 8V-71N diesel engines Two spare props Two spare stub shafts Central vacuum Racor filters installed 2007 Teak and holly engine room floor Large tool box Bennett trim tabs Auto fire control system Fresh water pressure system and water heater Engine room blowers Sea valves on underwater through hull fittings Stainless steel propeller shafts Bronze rudders and struts
- Broker's Remarks
- SUZANNE MARIE is a beautiful Hatteras 53 MY that has been maintained in excellent condition by a very knowledgeable owner. Her exterior shines and the interior has been updated with new fabrics and soft goods. You must take a look at this classic yacht if you’re in the market for a Hatteras 53 MY.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.