Well kept & maintained by a professional captain/owner.
- Absolute is a great example of a late model Classic. One of the last Trumpys made,it was originally constructed with a combination of classic lines and warmth, with modern amenities. In todays modern world with so many being in such a hurry to get somewhere to relax Absolute was designed for speed with the horsepower to achieve it, yet when operated at a leisurely power setting is amazingly economical and quiet, at approximately 12 knots, 1200 RPM, 12 GPH It was fitted with active fin stabilizers when originally built, which have recently been upgraded with the latest controls and hydraulics. This has greatly enhanced the operation and comfort this important option provides Since original construction the vessel was completely repowered with late model DDC engines and Northern lights generator, which is sized to comfortably provide the needed power for operation of the vessel and it amenities. Absolute cruises comfortably at 20 knots, with a top speed of 24 knots depending on loading. When at high cruise, it handles like a sport cruiser, probably as it has in common a hull design similar to the Patrol boats Trumpy supplied on occasion to the US Navy. The ships house power is available from three sources: 50 amp shore power, which is sufficient to accommodate the vessels efficient needs. The 20 Kw Northern Lights generator as well as a large bank of high tech batteries, and 7000 watts of 120/240 inverter power which if used conservatively, will support the vessel at anchor for three days without recharging. Absolute’s galley has been remodeled with new appliances and is very comfortable to cook and prepare meals, with plenty of light from two large picture windows and a large skylight, which also offers ventilation . Absolutes interior spaces were recently up graded with new lane wool carpet and walnut appearance hardwood floors where suitable, to match the walnut paneling and accents. The master and guest cabin are newly remodeled with tasteful and light colored wool carpet with accents to match the classic, light colored wall treatments. The aft guest cabin berths were removed and reinstalled and now parallel the keel instead of the hull side, making them comfortable for a couple There is a comfortable crew quarters with its own mini galley, or if you prefer, the crews quarters is a terrific third cabin, especially for children or grandchildren, as it is forward and separate from the master and guest cabin, all three cabins, are en-suite with heads and showers. Trumpy’s are a timepiece; they should be tastefully upgraded while maintaining original fixtures hardware and furnishings. If you are a follower of these fine vessels, you are aware all cabins were fitted with twin berths suitable for only one person. This is an undesirable arrangement in today’s yachts. Absolute has been rearranged with wider berths in the guest cabin, and a full King in the master. This was accomplished using all of the original furnishings. All of the drawers and doors were used in this tastefully performed upgrade with the original hull numbers still present in the original woodwork to preserve the yachts heritage and value. All of the original lighting fixtures are still intact and functional, all of the original reverse cycle air conditioning / heating is still installed, although mechanically upgraded as necessary with new condensing units. All units work impeccably and maintaining comfort in any weather is accomplished with ease. Engine spaces are Stand up, convenient, and well organized. The vessel is fitted with reliable dry-stack exhaust, constructed for the lifetime of the vessel in monel. The engine room is fitted with ample ventilation, and plenty of sound-attenuation for comfort underway. The original Ideal Windlass has been upgraded and re-chromed by Ideal, and fitted with a chain gipsy to match the 600’ of Stainless Steel 3/8” chain, and polished stainless steel Bruce anchor, while attractive, this is a very functional combination in most any condition. This vessel has proven to be very low maintenance due to its well thought out construction. The Trumpy yard used its many years of experience and the deep pockets of its exclusive clients, to construct a yacht which continues to outperform anything in its class and to be viable and maintainable decades after original construction. Absolute is well kept and maintained by a professional captain/owner. Though not necessary, Absolute’s upkeep is made even more simple by being moored in a modern enclosed boathouse, where it is protected from the elements year round when not in use, helping to keep its appearance and condition pristine.
- Mechanical Equipment
- Twin 1990 Detroit Diesel 892’s 550 hp 1400 original hrs. – rated for 10,000 hrs. 20 knot cruise – Max 24 knots Single 1990 Northern Lights 22 KW Generator with approx. 2200 original hrs. Dry Exhaust for both generator & engines Vosper Stabilizers with 6’ sq fins
- Recent Work 2013
- Shafts, props, struts, stuffing boxes all serviced Traditional Stuffing boxes Stabilizers hydraulic hoses, wiring, fins all serviced Frames and Hull inspected
- Broker's Remarks
- Hull #440 was custom build for Byard Sharp of the Dupont Dynasty, original name Galpo, a nickname for his mother. Later Broadview, and Absolute. The current owner is in yacht service and Absolute has had no short cuts in its upkeep and maintenance and up grades. Her running gear is perfect. Stabilizers rebuilt and refit with new electronic controllers. Last year new shafts, bearings, couplings, props tuned and balanced running gear aligned etc. New generator exhaust with water separator, large inverters, battery banks and engine driven alternators. New sea-valves, chromed Ideal windlass with wildcat, and 600' of Stainless steel chain and stainless steel anchor. (word of caution this is blaspheme to a true Trumpy enthusiast as these were yacht club to yacht club boats not anchoring out boats.) Avon RHIB Honda 25 horse.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact David C. Lacz: Office: 954-779-7377 Cell: 401-641-2951 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org