- 52 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4JH4-HTE turbocharged
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
OSTINATO is a true blue-water cruiser with all the finest of hardware and equipment. Over 50% of this boat was completed by Hinckley in Southwest Harbor, ME including electrical, mechanical systems, rigging, paint, varnish, electronics and carpentry. No expense was spared in outfitting her and every detail was methodically thought out during the build process. She has completed two trips to the Caribbean and has completed over 7500 miles of blue water sailing in comfort. She is easily seen in St. Micheals, MD and is offered well below her initial build cost. She is ready for you to complete your dreams!!
- Shannon Yachts has excelled at designing traditional looking cruising sailboats with both strong performance and a comfortable ride aimed at long distance cruising couples. Uncompromising construction and design quality, exceptional strength, and many special features resulted in Shannon being featured in renowned marine author/surveyor Ferenc Maté's book "The World’s Best Sailboats" . Hull Number 5 of Shannon’s 47/52 design is the most advanced and well-equipped version to be launched. Her tall carbon fiber rig coupled with advanced low stretch Doyle sails make her the fastest as well. All primary and secondary winches are electric. With a working jib and large genoa mounted on Reckman furlers on double headstays, short-handed sailing is physically possible and enjoyable. Her keel ballast is fully encapsulated as part of the hull eliminating the dangers associated with keel bolts. Her rudder has a full skeg with a heavy bronze shoe protecting the rudder. The prop is located in a pocket within the skeg and rudder for protection. She has a centerboard enabling access to shallow anchorages and providing another option for improving upwind performance, balancing sail forces and reducing strain on the autopilot. This boat was built to be the owners’ “dream boat” and was thus completed by Hinckley Yachts with the best systems and finishes available. Her Flag Blue Awlgripped hull, tan non-skid, insignia white trunk cabin and rig, combined with generous amounts of varnished teak trim and stainless Rondal dorades with red interiors create a stunning first impression. This yacht’s capabilities have been proven over 7500 nm of ocean travel. She has twice cruised the East Coast from the Chesapeake Bay to Key West. She participated in the 2008 Caribbean 1500 Rally from Hampton, Virginia to Tortola and took second place in her class. She covered the 1350 nm in 7.5 days.
- HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgripped hull White deck and house with tan non-skid Underbody: Her keel ballast is fully encapsulated as part of the hull eliminating the dangers associated with keel bolts. Her rudder has a full skeg with a heavy bronze shoe protecting the rudder. The prop is located in a pocket within the skeg and rudder for protection. She has a centerboard enabling access to shallow anchorages and providing another option for improving upwind performance, balancing sail forces and reducing strain on the autopilot Deck: Shannon custom made teak deck hatches with opaque white cast plastic lites and screens Teak cockpit grate with life raft storage underneath for easy access and theft deterrence Spartan chrome plated cast bronze ports with bronze screens Custom Harken polished 316L stainless steel genoa tracks Custom Hinckley polished stainless traveler arch with Harken traveler Harken big boat blocks with polished stainless cheeks Two Lewmar V-Series windlasses and anchor rollers for double anchors with lighted controls at bow Saltwater deck wash down on bow Freshwater hot/cold shower at stern Eight Rondal 12 inch stainless deck cleats Tall Rondal lifeline stanchions Four Rondal stainless dorades with red interiors Edson outboard bracket and crane on pushpit Hand operated bilge pump in cockpit Large lazzarette aft of cockpit for storage Downlights for deck illumination built into lower spreaders Lopolight LED tricolor, navigation and anchor lights Teak and stainless boarding ladder
- Cockpit design is critical for efficient boat handling as well as safety and comfort underway or at the dock. Shannon went to great lengths to design and mock-up the cockpit for their flagship 47/52 design. Few sail boat cockpits function better than this one. Dodger, bimini and connector for sun protection underway Six foot long cockpit seats wide enough for napping Chartplotter/radar and remote control for autopilot mounted under dodger for rough weather sailing Edson steering and pedestal with Ritchie compass Custom Edson teak and holly laminated helm wheel Teak cockpit table with drink holders Two dimmable downlights in boom and two blue LED lights for cockpit illumination Cushions for cockpit seats and helm seat Weatherproof electrical sub-panel for all exterior lighting and engine room blower Two weatherproof speakers for music or entertainment
- NAVIGATION AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
- Furuno Navnet VX2 1920C Chartplotter and 1834C Radar (3 color displays) Furuno FA150 AIS Transponder (receive and send) integrated with chartplotter display Furuno Depthsounder Furuno Satellite Weather Receiver (Sirius Marine Weather) Raymarine ST60+ displays and wind instruments Airmar PB100 Weather Station ICOM M-604 VHF (Two independent radios) with loudhailer and foghorn ICOM M-802 SSB Radio with AT140 antenna tuner Pactor III modem for offshore email and weather Iridium 9505A Satellite Telephone Simrad AP25 autopilot with AP27 handheld remote Radar reflector on mast Entertainment Sharp flat-screen television Bose 48 Lifestyle DVD player and surround sound system Alpine AM/FM/CD/Sirius head unit with IPOD connector Hinckley TV antenna and cable/satellite tv wiring for marina hookup
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- OSTINATO features a 2-cabin, 2-head layout with 2 pullout berths in main salon. Solid cherry interior with satin finish White painted hull ceilings Teak and holly sole with glossy finish White formica heads with teak trim, solid teak vanity tops and teak sole grates All lights are LED including blue night time courtesy lighting Well-placed stainless steel hand holds for security while cruising Two reverse cycle air conditioners/heaters with electronic controls All fabrics,while comfortable, are meant for outdoor use and are both water and stain resistant Forward Cabin Divided chain locker Spacious V-berth with Visco (Tempur-Pedic style) mattresses and lee cloth White painted hull ceilings to add brightness Two cedar-lined hanging lockers with interior lights Two drawer banks Bookshelves and storage compartments port and starboard over berth Two reading lights, two fans, overhead lights and blue night lights Overhead hatch, four opening ports and two dorades for ventilation Forward Head Varnished teak countertop with polished stainless sink and Grohe faucet Atlantis Freedom electric flush head Grohe shower head and control Teak shower grate Full length Plexiglas shower door Main Salon One L settee and one straight settee, both with slide out berths and lee cloths Custom tiger maple salon table with one folding leaf on hi/lo Murray Products stainless pedestal William Lowe oval chrome handles on passageway doors William Lowe cremone twist locks on locker doors Custom rope lighting with dimmer mounted behind cherry drip rail under ports for soft night lighting Flat screen TV and Bose 48 Surround Sound system for movies and music Galley Corian counter tops Four burner stainless gimbaled stove with broiler Microwave oven Propane safety system Double stainless sink with Grohe faucet Broan trash compactor Large holding plate refrigerator and freezer, with Seafrost AC and engine driven systems Aft Head Varnished teak head countertop with polished stainless sink and Grohe faucet Raritan PEII electric flush head with manual backup Flip down teak seat for changing wet clothing Grohe temperature compensated shower head and control Teak grate Wet locker for foul weather gear Splendide combination washer/dryer Nicro solar fan in overhead hatch Aft Starboard Cabin Double bed with lee cloth White painted hull ceilings Cedar lined hanging locker with interior light Two storage drawers and liquor bottle drawer Overhead light, reading lights, fans, night lighting Navigation Station Dedicated navigation station desk with chart storage and drawer bank next to companionway Custom swivel seat LED light with standard and red night lighting Full instrumentation and communications
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Shannon custom “Scutter” rig is a blend of sloop and cutter layouts Custom GMT carbon fiber mast, park avenue boom and spinnaker pole Custom boom vang Double headstays with Reckman manual furlers led back to cockpit Navtec rod rigging Split backstay with insulators for SSB antenna Removable PBO staysail stay for storm jib Gybe preventers rigged to boom Antal mast/mainsail hardware: external track, triaxial slides, intermediate slides, battslides, headboard PBO running backstays for use with storm jib on staysail stay Sails Doyle mainsail, 135% genoa, 85% jib all made with Hydra-net with woven-in spectra Doyle 50% storm jib made of 10.18 ounce Dacron Doyle UPS spinnaker made of 1.6 ounce Nylon and continuous line reefing attached Winches : Two Lewmar Ocean 64 CST electric winches in cockpit for genoa sheets Two secondary Lewmar Ocean 54 CST electric winches in cockpit.
- Mastervolt Mass Combi 12/4000 Charger/Inverter Mastervolt Control Panel/Battery Bank Monitor Balmar 200 amp heavy duty alternator on engine with external regulator Charles Isolation Transformer Glendinning Cable Master for single 50 Amp shore power connection Switchable system for European shore power Custom Bass breaker panel Generator: Northern Lights 7-kw generator (210 hours) with full sound shield and remote control panel at nav. station Batteries: Eight 120 AH AGM 12 volt maintenance free batteries (5 main, 1 starting, 2 bowthruster)
- Yanmar 4JH4-HTE turbocharged 110-hp engine with Soundown noise enclosure. Hailliard low noise engine muffler 3-blade MaxProp Racor dual fuel filters in parallel with automatic fuel priming system Reverso 12v oil changer for engine and generator Fireboy automatic/manual engine fire control system Engine driven and electrical refrigeration systems Bow thruster: Sidepower 9-hp 12-volt bow thruster with separate battery bank in bow and foot switches at helm Spectra 300 gpd Watermaker Primary and secondary bilge pumps with alarm and bilge counter Oberdorfer engine driven emergency bilge pump
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Owner’s manual prepared by Hinckley Yacht Services Engine spares kit Generator spares kit Spare fuse kit Head repair kit Spare watermaker filters Custom Sunbrella sunshade designed and built on Antigua Switlik MOM-8 man overboard module mounted on pushpit Winslow 6 person life raft in hard case ACR EPIRB with auto launch attached to pushpit Six Coast Guard approved life jackets Cockpit manual bilge pump Emergency tiller Three 6000# jacklines Eight triple braided black docklines Four fire extinguishers Seacock plugs attached to each seacock Six fenders Equipment not included Personal effects, books and clothing Snorkeling equipment Fishing gear Tools Dinghy and motor
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ? Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD : Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378