- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
"synergy" (sin • er • jee), noun
"the cooperative interaction among forces that creates an enhanced combined effect"
Herein lies the basic premise of "Synergy"...the Yacht. Undoubtedly the finest TaShing Baba 40' available in the world today. A blue water cruiser, she is currently ready to take on the Oceans of the World and has been commissioned to exceed the expectations of just such a voyage. Her current owners of 17 years are looking forward to having a "seamless" passing of the torch to her new owners.
We have tried to convey each aspect of Synergy in word and picture but nothing will please you more or help you understand the beauty of this yacht better than just stepping aboard and seeing for yourself.
Please allow us the opportunity to introduce you to "Synergy" at your earliest convenience.
- Forward Master Stateroom: Privacy door, large hanging locker w/ shelves, dressing seat w/ storage below, spacious double berth surrounded by hullside teak lockers and shelves, large overhead hatch w/ screens, 2 fans, 2 reading lights, 2 overhead lights. 1 locker and 3 drawers under berth plus massive under-berth storage easily accessed and shelved and lined with dri-deck. Chain locker forward thru teak locker doors, divided compartmnent, rubber"curtains", light, and pass-thru for excess chain to feed down/aft for storage under berth Portside Head: Jabsco electric head w/ supply pump & Y-valve, spare Y-valve, holding tank monitor, toilet hoses replaced 2012, marble topped vanity w/ stainless sink, pressure hot/cold water Moen faucets at sink and shower, Whale fresh water foot pump, bulkhead mirror and cabinet, 3 hullside lockers, vanity base w/ 2 drawers and locker, fan, deck prism, Alpenglow ceiling light, 110v electric outlets Galley Portside: see below Salon Starboard: straight settee w/ 3 lockers over (1 open), hanging locker w/ shelf over, AC unit in teak cabinet w/ storage below and cabinet/shelf above, deck prism, 2 LED lights, LED reading light Nav Station: Starboard w/ flip top chart table using settee end for seat, locker under, electrical panel and instruments and electronics adjacent, shelf above, reticulating arm w/ 15" monitor (television or computer screen), fan, Kenwood stereo w/ Bose speakers and Kenwood 10 disc changer, deck prism, table light, 110v and 12v electric outlets Private Guest Stateroom: Double berth w/ new mattress (2013), hanging locker, hullside bureau and shelving, 3 berth drawers, mirror on bulkhead w/ shelf under and cabinet behind, fan, LED ceiling light (white & red), 2 reading lights, bi-fold teak door, 3 hanging hooks, hanging pocket wall, 110v and 12v electric outlets, "padding" for walls and carpeted boards if room used as a "garage".
- Refrigerator and Freezer boxes were re-configured and re-insulated in 2004 Adler Barbour CU-200 Supercold refrigeration and freezer compressors w/ digital controllers (2011), air and water cooled (circulates from fresh water tankage). Refrigerator is top and front loading, freezer is top loading w/ wrap-around evaporator plate, hinged lids with gas-assist arms. Backup analog thermostats still in place. Force 10 2-burner, gimballed propane stove w/ oven Silestone counter tops (New 2004) Double Stainless sink with filtered drinking water faucet and Grohe hot/cold water faucet (New 2004) Whale foot pumps (2) for fresh water and salt water @ galley sinks (9) Lockers, (4) Drawers Lights: Alpenglow ceiling (w/red LED) and under-counter lights 110v and 12v electric outlets
- Autopilot: Raymarine linear hydraulic, type 2, ST6001 control head, X30 course computer plus spare X30 course computer Chartplotter/Radar: Raymarine RL70CRC 7" color plotter/4kw radar w/ gimballed mast mount, Jeppeson C-Map chart chips for East Coast and Bahamas, RayTech RNS planning software and wiring for PC navigation at nav station GPS: (2) Raymarine Raystar, 120 and 125 Instruments: Raymarine ST60 for wind, water depth and speed; plus extra ST60 multi-function readout at nav station SSB: ICOM M802 tuner, AT140 antenna tuner, grounding system includes Dynaplate and all tankage linked together Pactor II EX modem VHF radios: Primary - Standard Horizon GX2100 w/AIS and remote mic @ nav station, and Secondary - Standard Horizon HX290 hand-held radio Samsung TV, mast mounted Triax UFO digital TV antenna and digital converter box
- Batteries house: (6) Trojan T-105 6V, 675 amp bank, (2013) in stainless drip-pan w/ watering system Batteries, starting (engine and generator): Mastervolt group 31 (2) Generator: Next Generation 3.5kw, located above Isuzu engine on stainless frame (2012) (350 hrs.) Xantrex ProSine 2000w pure sine wave inverter/100 amp battery charger and cooling fan Xantrex True Charge 40 amp automatic battery charger Battery Combiner: AmplePower Elimnator (trickle charges starting batteries) 400 watt inverter at nav station Solar Panels: 3 Seimans @ 110a, 1 Arco @ 55w, w/ Xantrex C-40 charge controller; 1 large panel on stern davit tilts Wind Generator: Four Winds Red Baron w/ Xantrex C-40 charge contolller integrated into stern rail and davits on custom pole that hinges at mid-section to lower generator to deck, Halogen flood light mounted on pole Lighting converted to LED, cabin/cockpit/navigation Lightning protection: dissipater at masthead, mast grounded via Dynaplate on hull Dockside electrical: Marinco 30 amp 50' and 25' power cords, Marinco splitter 50 amp to 30 amp Newmar galvanic isolator (50 amp)
- Isuzu 60hp diesel engine w/ 4063 hrs, Balmar 100 amp alternator & MC612 regulator Hurth 150 2:1 transmission (New 2009) Vari-prop 18" 4-blade feathering propeller (new 2006), spare 3-blade fixed prop and prop shaft PSS dripless shaft seal, bellows replaced 2012 Edson quadrant steering, spare steering cable and Teleflex for throttle/shifter (2) Racor fuel filters w/ pressure gauge Fuel polishing system using 3rd Racor fuel filter Fuel tanks cleaned in 2013 Watermaker: Quality Water Works 10 gph, 110v 3/4 hp motor, no proprietary parts, single membrane, TDS tester, hour meter, compact installation under galley sink w/ isolation bushings for noise control (New 2011) AC: Cruisair reverse cycle 16k BTU high efficiency and high velocity unit w/ digital controller, March BD5 circulating pump, SS drip pan and insulated duct-work Bilge pumps:1 automatic high-capacity pump, 1 automatic diaphragm pump - both w/alarms - 1 manual pump, and 2 Rule float switches in bilge Jabsco QuietFlush electric head w/ FloJet pump and inline strainer Shower sump w/ FloJet pump and inline strainer FloJet pump for deck washdown, manifold for fresh or salt water FloJet VSD pump for pressurized water Seaward 11 gallon electric hot water heater New shower cold water by-pass valve Fuel and water in baffled SS tanks with topside inspection ports and manifold system for tank management
- Teak deck and cabin-top, all screws/bungs replaced in 2008, all caulk completely replaced 2010 All deck fittings re-caulked 2010 Teak bowsprit w/ dual anchor rollers Ground Tackle: A140 aluminum spade anchor on bow roller w/ 250' 5/16" HT chain (new 2008), 45# CQR anchor on bow roller w/100' 5/16" chain & 200' 5/8 3-strand rope (new 2008), 2*50' 5/8 3-strand snubbers w/ stainless thimbles and winchard chain-hooks & 65' 3/8" HT chain, FX-37 Fortress aluminum collapsible anchor, 35# Sentinel, 20# Danforth, spare Gale Rider drogue and Para-Tech sea anchor (15’ diameter) Windlass: Ideal, horizontal, electric w/ dual 5/16" HT chain gypsies plus rope capstan, spare 3/8" HT and 3/8" BBB chain gypsies, deck foot switches and 2 rope cleats on custom stainless mount over bowsprit (New 2002) Ladder: Stainless tri-fold deck-mount (midship, port and starboard) Windshield: Isenglass at boom gallow w/ Sunbrella cover and Phifertex screen Stanchions bases (14) replaced 2013 Foredeck bollard, 2 add'l deck cleats 4 Stainless dorades, each on varnished teak box w/ stainless guard Stainless mast pulpits Full boat sun awning, stamoid w/ stainless poles 15 Opening bronze ports w/ screens and stainless trim rng on deck, all re-bedded 2013, epoxy coating on opening thru cabin-top Deck Washdown Bronze rubrail plus stainless rub strakes on caprail Jerry jugs: 4 diesel and 2 gas, w/ Sunbrella cover and deck mounting system at mid-ship Sunbrella Covers: Windlass, forward and butterfly hatches, life raft, windshield, companionway, cockpit wheel/instruments, OB motors, dinghy Folding stainless step on stern Fenders (2@15" balls, 2@10", 4@8" ) (2 inflatable 10"*60" fenders w/ covers) Docklines: (8-5/8" 3-strand w/ eyes) and hurricane lines (10*3/4" 3-strand w/ eyes)
- Hull and keel peeled, covered w/ Duratec Vinyl Ester barrier coat 2006; ablative bottom paint 2006 and new ablative paint every 2 yrs. Last bottom paint in Nov 2012 Groco bronze thru-hull valves - all replaced 2006 Hull painted w/ Awlgrip 2009
- Sails & Rigging
- Kenyon mast and boom, keel stepped mast (both painted 2003), mast re-wired 2003 Standing rigging new 2003 w/ Hy-Mod and Norseman fittings All chainplates replaced 2003 2003 Quantum sails in excellent condition: main, 110% jib, staysail Strong Track - New 2012 Full batten main w/3 reef points and batten cars for Strong Track Quantum stack pack (New 2012) Harken roller furling, jib and staysail (2010) Self Tailing, 2-speed Lewmar winches: (2) 48ST in cockpit, (2) 40ST in cockpit, (2) 30ST in cockpit, (2) 30ST at mast with Winch-Rite, 12v rechargeable electric winch handle Whisker pole: Forespar 13-22', track mounted on mast Add't sail inventory: storm jib, storm tri-sail, assymetrical cruising chute w/ ATN sock and cuff Storm tri-sail on separate track on mast All halyards replaced 2012 All sail-handling can be done from safety of cockpit or at mast Genoa sacrificial replaced 2013
- Navpod housings for chartplotter and instruments at pedestal Ritchie 6" compass w/ stainless binnacle cover Cockpit enclosures, 2 full-surround: Isenglass for winter and Phifertex screen for summer, winter enclosure has knit protective storage bags Varnished teak custom cockpit table w/ 2 fold-out leaves Companionway: varnished teak doors, 2 piece storm boards, 2-piece screen inserts, padded Sunbrella cover Emergency tiller Engine gauges can be viewed in foot-well, behind water-proof plexi-glass panel Full cockpit cushions Helm seat/cushion and foam cushion rollers for stern gate Rail mounted Magma propane BBQ grill and table, nearby deck fitting for propane Propane tanks: 2-20# aluminim tanks in dedicated cockpit locker w/ digital propane controller in galley and sensors in bilge and lazarette Cockpit speakers 12v red/white light 12v electric outlet
- Safety Equipment
- Liferaft: 2002 Winslow 6-man offshore (needs re-certification), in water-proof pelican box in custom stainless cradle on deck, w/ Sunbrella cover EPIRB: ACR Global Fix 406 w/ internal GPS and wall mount in aft stateroom MOM8, rail-mount canister Life Sling (4) Fire Extinguishers: 2-dry chemical, 2-5# Halon Fire Blanket Flares Smoke alarm Carbon monoxide alarm Air horn Jacklines w/ Spectra line, 2 harnesses Lifelines: Forward replaced 2006, stainless tubing hard-rail aft of mid-ship gate Stainless grab-rails in cockpit (4) Life jackets Upgraded gate hardware and cables (2011)
- 9' Caribe dinghy w/15hp Mercury outboard motor, both davits on stern. Spare 4.5jp Johnson outboard motor on separate davit on stern. Motors mounted outboard on stainless stern rail. Dinghy has Sunbrella cover, seat, fuel/water separator, ratchet blocks/straps to secure on davits plus lifting harness/stainless mount to secure dinghy on foredeck. 6 gallon fuel tank, oars and anchor Insulated cabinets and ceiling Folding hand-cart w/ storage bag Folding stool w/ storage bag (add'l seat at salon table), salon table pad and linens Carpet runners in salon Breeze-booster for forward hatch, topside and interior Mast climbing gear and bosuns chair Window unit AC unit, 5k BTU, analog controls, companionway mounting hardware- used for summer layup Hookah rig w/ 60'hose and regulator, 3/4 hp 110v compressor
- Brokers Comments
- Synergy is undoubtedly the finest TaShing Baba 40 in the world today. She has been and continues to be kept in a a manner that most of us can only hope to achieve. Every aspect of her build has been continuously upgraded by her owners of 17 years and you will find each and every upgrade to be well thought out and perfectly executed. Synergy has never seen a "short cut" and never will under the tutelage of her current owners! She stands ready to easily ascertain her value and invites your most thorough personal inspection and survey. We have priced her to be more than competitive citing her impressive condition and spares inventory. She will never be a bargain but she will always be the best!
- Spares Inventory Included with Synergy
- The following spares list will give you a very good idea of the consideration given Synergy by her owners. Virtually a spare for all the major components that make up World Cruising. Approximate value $6,000 Isuzu Diesel Motor spares: Raw water pump w/pulley and hose fittings (ready to install), plus 2 new Jabsco raw water pumps, bearings/seals to rebuild pump 3x, 7 impellers, impellor puller tool, misc pipe fitting for pump Heat exchanger, gaskets, 4 rubber hoses, coolant pipe Mixing elbows, 2 Starter Balmar 612 regulator Alternator, 100 amp, and arm Coolant pump and pulley Valve cover gasket Engine belts, 2 sets Pencil zincs (12) Oil filters (6), Fuel filters (6), Air filter Racor fuel filters: 15 @ 2 micron, 4 @ 10 micron Jabsco engine room blowers (2), 150 cfm and 105 cfm Hurth transmission shift lever Misc: anti-siphon loop/valve (1), addl valves (2), web oil filter wrench, oil pan plug, fiberglass exhaust wrap, fuel siphon hose, coolant hoses, diesel fuel hose (5/16” and 3/8”), lubricants (engine oil, transmission fluid, anti-freeze, hydraulic oil), drill pump to change transmission fluid + 2 impellors, distilled water Thermometer to read engine room temperature Steering, Transmission, Propeller spares: Propellor shaft: 1 spare shaft, 3 zincs Dripless shaft seal and 2 large hose clamps Rudder shaft packing flax (5 packs) and tool Cutlass bearing Edson steering cable and chain, shift fork, shift lever Teleflex cable (throttle and shifter), hold-down and terminal eye Vari-Prop zincs (3), grease and grease gun, prop puller and misc. metric tools Bronze 3-fixed-blade 17”x 14” propeller Next Generation Generator spares: Raw water pump, rebuild kit, belts (2) Drive belt Electric fuel pump Capacitors (3) Gasket for heat exchanger Impellers (2) Air filters (3) Start/stop switch Circuit breaker and relays (2) Sensors, oil pressure and temperature Pencil zincs (10) Sails, Standing Rigging, and Windlass spares: Staysail and Mainsail spare halyards, Sta-Set X Genoa sheets, 9/16” 3/8” standing rigging, 1 piece, longest length needed Norseman standing rigging fittings Windlass wildcats for 3/8” chain (2) (note: 5/16” chain and wildcats on deck currently) Windlass seals (6) and circuit breaker (1) Communication and Navigation: Raymarine autopilot X30 course computer Hydraulic hose fittings for autopilot Raymarine SeaTalk instrument cables Raymarine transducer seals, o-rings, and paddlewheel VHF masthead antenna and rail-mount antenna, spares Watermaker: Pre-filters: 3 @ 20 micron, 3 @ 5 micron Feed pump Isolation bushings for membrane High pressure hose and tubing Pipe and tubing fittings Electric Head: Flojet toilet supply pump #4105-501 Jabsco macerator pump #37072-0092 Whale Gulper toilet pump (empties holding tank) and rebuild kit Jabsco Y-valve and rebuild kit Joker valves for head (7) Sanitation hose, 1 inch and 1 ½ inch Water System: Shur-Flo Aqua King II fresh water pump Flojet shower sump pump #4125-114A Drinking water filters in galley (3) Whale foot pump rebuild kits (4) Sink faucet rebuild kits Flojet pipe fittings and strainers Dinghy and Outboard Motor spares: Caribe hull plugs, 2 Hapalon glue and fabric Mercury OB: propeller, lower end lube and pump, spark plugs (2) and wrench, carb re-build kit, fuel squeeze-bulb, fuel/water separator filters (2), starting pull cord Miscellaneous spares: Spare line and hoses, various lengths and sizes Hull zincs Xantrax C40 charge controller Groco strainer, pipe fittings, plugs, o-rings, and baskets (4) Aqua Signal tri-color lens and LED bulb, both new in package Flojet washdown pump #4325-143 Jabsco bilge pump, spare motor and rebuild kits (2) Henderson manual bilge pump rebuild kit Flojet pump rebuild kits (2) Gasket material for fuel and water tanks Wind generator: spare blade, bearing, seals, switches Propane: sensor, solenoid, regulator and hose Lights: Thin-Lite fluorescent fixtures (2), round overhead light glass cover, lightbulbs for incandescent and Alpenglow fluorescent and shower fluorescent and misc LED fixtures 12v interior fans, wall-mount (Hella, Caframo and Axius) 12v pancake fans, for fridge/freezer and inverter Refrigerator/freezer: gas-assist arms (2), analog thermostat (fridge only), 12v relay (4) Rail-mount for Magma BBQ grill Force 10 broiler unit Mast boot and 4 large hose clamps Brass hose fittings for fresh water and fuel systems Bronze and stainless fittings, to replace tailpipes for all cockpit thru-hulls Bonze and stainless pipe fittings and hose barbs Plastic hose fittings and barbs PVC to hose fittings for head and sink Forespar vented loops (2) and duck bill valves (10) Water hose: ½”*35’ plus smaller pieces Bronze ball valves Dyna plate bolts Stainless bail for boom (3) Electric circuit breakers (4 for fuse panel) and fuses Coax spares Caps for deck wash-down fitting Fleece fender covers Deck prism, spare ITEMS ABOARD SYNERGY INCLUDED IN BROKER LISTING Heavy weather spare items: Gale Rider drogue and Para-Tech sea anchor (15’ diameter) Rope for drogue and sea anchor: 300’ * ¾” double braid line w/thimbles, in deployment bag 300’ * ¾” 3-strand line w/thimbles, in deployment bag 50’ * ¾” double braid line w/thimbles, for bridle, *2 50’ * 5/8” double braid line w/thimbles, for bridle 50’ polypropylene line w/thimble, for sea anchor trip line Heavy-duty chafe guard for bridle Colligo Marine hurricane mooring system Smaller/minor items: Window 5k BTU AC unit w/mounting hardware for companionway Hookah rig: 3/4hp oil-less air compressor w/60’ hose and regulator FX-37 aluminum Fortress in bag Inflatable fenders, 2: 10”*60”, w/covers Asymmetrical cruising spinnaker, ATN sock and cuff Storm tri-sail and sheets, on separate track on mast Danforth anchor, 20lb, stern Sentinel, 35lb Winch-Rite, 12v rechargeable electric winch handle Emergency tiller Jacklines, spectra line Wood blocks used when lifted in slings, carpeted 4”*4”*36” Manuals and cruising guides Hand-held VHF radio Wood plugs for thru-hull openings Shore power (electric) cord, 35 amp, w/2 pigtails (30 to 15 amp, 30 to 50 amp), and cockpit outlet gasket rebuild kit Padlocks for cockpit lazarette lids Salon: table linens & folding stool, cushion covers, upholstery fabric (spare piece), carpet runners, throw pillows V-berth: sheets, comforter, hatch breeze boosters Galley: 2 baking pans, tea kettle, BBQ wok, stovetop fiddles, ice cube trays Porthole inserts and dorade covers Digital TV converter box Crutch tips for stainless boarding ladder
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis, brokers outside Florida contact us for complete details. Listed by a CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER Click for more info