- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 671 TIB
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Update and Replacement List Available from Listing Broker.
One of the best-selling Ocean’s ever, the 42 SS is a stretched version of the popular 40 SS. The additional length added cockpit size to an impressive 100 sq. ft. The 42 SS is a handsome yacht and remains popular with both fishing and cruising owners. This 42 SS is the deckhouse version where the galley is up allowing for two large staterooms and sleeping for 5. The master is large and forward while the guest berth is located along the starboard side and features an upper twin running fore and aft and a double running side-to-side. The salon is large and offers excellent entertaining and relaxation. The cockpit features a transom door, tackle center, cockpit engine controls, and leaning post. The flybridge features STIDD helm chairs, guest seating, and a hard top and full enclosure.
- When you walk up to the 42 SS you sense a fishing machine, but when you open the door into the salon you sense a motor yacht. What a combination! The interior has been re-done and the combination of fabrics, wood mini-blinds, carpets and wood cabinetry are stunning. Once in the cockpit the cockpit size is impressive. There are three lazarettes for easy access into the space under the cockpit for maintenance and storage. The centered leaning post offers ease of fishing. The cockpit coaming is padded and the teak cover boards have four built in fishing rod holders. To port and forward is the tackle and bait center with cabinets and drawers for storage, a sink and faucet with a cutting board, and a freezer. Across and on the starboard side is the cabinet which opens to reveal the cockpit engine controls. Access to the flybridge is up a ladder facing to port and above the tackle center. The bridge is large with a hardtop and full four sided enclosure. The helm offers excellent visibility. The helm features two STIDD chairs. Guest can seat on either the port side settee or on the “L” shaped settee forward of the helm. On the cockpit and forward is a sliding door into the salon. As you enter the salon you step on a beautiful wood floor with an inlay. Engine room access is through this floor. Immediately to starboard is the wet bar cabinet with sink, faucet and storage. Facing forward is a cabinet which has the electrical panel. Across from the wet bar is the “L” shaped settee. The long section will open to reveal rod storage and the aft section will open and convert into a twin berth. There is a high-low table as well. Further forward and to port is the “U” shaped galley with Corian counters and plenty of storage space. The galley flooring is wood and offers additional storage. Across from the galley and along the starboard side is the “L” shaped dinette. Seating at the dinette features excellent visibility. The entertainment center and TV is located forward. Down three steps and to port is access into the head. The head features an ensuite shower stall, electric head and a large mirrored vanity. Across is the guest cabin. The guest cabin is a unique layout with a twin berth elevated along the side and a double berth aft. The elevated berth allows for excellent storage with drawers and cabinets. The aft berth is large and is situated side-to-side. All the way forward is the master stateroom. The master offers a center-lines queen with a mirrored and upholstered head board, outboard port and starboard cabinets, under berth drawers and hanging lockers. The master has a private entry into the head along the port side, aft.
- Featured is the galley up version and located along the port side and forward salon, the galley features excellent countertop and storage spaces. The dinette is across from the galley and along the starboard side. Along the aft salon on the starboard side is the salon wet bar. Kenmore apartment size refrigerator/freezer U-line ice maker at wet bar Princess (2) burner electric stove top Sylvania microwave/convection over Single large stainless steel sink with faucet/sprayer, soap dispenser Insink aerator instant hot water dispenser Insink aerator garbage disposal Corian countertops with fiddles Fresh water level gauge Sliding doors over forward counter for storage and hidden microwave oven Drawer and cabinet storage Wood flooring with in floor storage
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC power Power distribution panel with circuit breakers and DC Amp/Volt and AC Amp/Volt meters 50 Amp shore power cord with splitters Onan 8 KW generator in engine room with 4000 hours (4) batteries Pro-Tech 1240i 40 AMP battery charger (2) Cruise Air marine air conditioning/reverse cycle heating with SMX ii controls Clarion M255 AM/FM/CD player at helm with remote Jensen speakers ACR Sat 406 emergency EBIRP mounted on port flybridge Cable TV and telephone connection at cockpit Phillip flat screen television in master stateroom LG flat screen television in salon Yamaha Optimus CD-7850 (6) disc CD changer in salon Yamaha AV Receiver HTR-5640 in salon Panasonic Omni-Vision dual VHF and CD player in salon Yamaha remote stereo speakers in salon Pile-Hydra remote stereo speakers in cockpit and forward helm Sirius SAT radio controller in salon Sensa-Tank holding tank monitor in head Raritan 6 gallon hot water heater with engine heat exchanger Central vacuum system with hose
- Mounted at helm and in overhead electronic box Danforth Constellation compass Raytheon V850 Color Echo Sounder JRC radar and dome to be installed NorthStar 952X color chart plotter Robertson AP200DL autopilot International Navigator depth indicator International Navigator log Standard Horizon Quest VHF with DSC and external remote speaker Standard Horizon RAM microphone at cockpit control box Standard Horizon loud hailing system with hard top mounted loud speaker Westinghouse series SAT telephone ACR remote controlled spot light Dual stainless steel trumpet horns Bennett trim tabs Dytek water temperature display
- Detroit Diesel FWC marine engines, 6V71 turbos with 3320 hours Fuel capacity: 466 gallons - (2) 233 gallon tanks port & starboard Twin Disc transmissions Walker air separators for added performance Morse stainless steel engine and transmission controls Stainless steel shaft with NIBRAL (4) blade propellers Spare NIBRAL 24 x 27 propellers Full engine instrumentation at helm Dahl-Baldwin primary fuel filters with vacuum gauge Oil exchanging system mounted on aft engine room bulkhead Fire suppression system for engine and generator in engine room Sea Star hydraulic steering Bronze sea water through hulls with strainers Throw life ring mounted on hard top Glendenning engine synchronizer
- Bow pulpit with stainless steel anchor roller Good F-850 electric anchor windlass with foot and helm controls Delta Plow anchor with chain and rope rode Stainless steel stanchions running from bow to mid-deck (4) Stainless steel fender holders mounted at bow rails Stainless steel deck hardware Flybridge hardtop with full white Stamoid enclosure Black Stamoid bridge extension over cockpit with stainless steel supports Dual helm STIDD chairs for captain and mate, adjustable with foot rest Schaefer black outriggers port and starboard Schaefer black center rigger Padded cockpit coaming with teak cover boards (4) Rod holders (6) Stainless steel rocket launchers Flybridge teaser reels mounted on rails Cockpit leaning post with (5) ride holders (3) Cockpit lazarettes for access into steering and rudder posts, ample storage Port side bait and tackle center with cabinets, drawers, sink and faucet and cutting board Refrigerated fish boxes Bow pad for sunbathing or relaxing to watch the stars Winter cover from helm to cockpit for weather protection Cockpit dockside water connection Cockpit fresh and raw water wash down Transom door and swim platform Spreader lights for cockpit Transom shower
- Brokers Comments
- A well cared for and equipped 42 SS ready for new owners and continued fishing or cruising adventures. Delivery, financing and insurance information available
- Mechanical Disclaimer
- * Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- GET EMAIL UPDATES